Scaling

Started by Mats Berglinn, Sat 22/11/2003 21:04:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Mats Berglinn

I have a bit of a problem in my game. At the end of the game when some characters comes from rooms with other kind of scaling, they are bigger than the main-character. I think the reason for it could be that the room which will end the game doesn't have any walkable areas (the reason for not to have walkable areas is for a special thing which I won't tell because it's a surprise). How can you change the scaling of a character? Is there a commando for changing the scale size of the characters?

Ben

The only way is to place them in an area with the correct scaling.. Or make sure they're in the right scale before you put them in the last room.

After

I think that you may get away with 1x1 walkables for which you can set the different scales. Alternatively, (and I'm guessing there's a reason that this won't be suitable) use that room as the basis for your sprite sizes.

Scorpiorus

Maybe you could draw the walkable area but prevent characters from moving somehow else? For example make the player character to don't react on mouse clicks in walk mode or something. :P

~Cheers

Paper Carnival

QuoteIs there a commando for changing the scale size of the characters?

No... but there should be a SWAT member somewhere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk