sound effects

Started by , Sun 01/02/2004 13:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Blu Monster

I can make MP3 files play in my game but not wave files.  I've tried script and the interactive menu (and the file is not in the compiled directory).  I renamed the wave file sound1.wav and referred to it as (1) in the interactive menu and script.  Still nothing.  What do I do?

piraatlife4me

Hey!  Have you tried rebuilding the vox files? In AGS under game-rebuild vox files try clicking on that and save your game again.  Also what do you have down for your digital sound in the game setup menu? Try a different setting there it might work. I have had this same problem before so let me know if this helps you out at all?
Daniel
Winebarger

Blu Monster

Thanks for your help.  It works if I only choose the "Any click on hotspot -- Game: play sound" but it still won't work for any other option...like "Pick up" or "Interact".  I also tried to make an effect when my character receives an item.  That, also, doesn't seem to work.  Any other suggestions?

Thanx.

strazer

I also tried to make an effect when my character receives an item. That, also, doesn't seem to work.

You can have a sound played whenever something is added to the inventory, with script.

Go to menu "Script" -> "Edit global script..." and  check if there is already a function named "on_event".
If not, just copy and paste the following in the global script:

function on_event (int event,int data) {
 if (event==ADD_INVENTORY) { // something added to inventory
   PlaySound(1); // plays sound effect no. 1
 }

}

If there is already an on_event function, just copy the bold lines in there.

Blu Monster

thanks a lot...I figured out what my other problem was too.  "Pick up" doesn't work if you're using the Sierra style GUI (duh, it says it in the tutorial).  I still haven't figured out "Interact" option, but hopefully I'll get there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk