Game in Hebrew

Started by HaReL, Sun 13/05/2007 21:00:23

Previous topic - Next topic

HaReL

I want to build my game with a Hebrew interface. I tried to import a font in hebrew, but instead of letters I see only blank spaces.
I also tried to check the option "Write game text backwards (Hebrew-style)" and it doesn't help either.
I thought that maybe it will work, but when I tried to see a text in Hebrew - the message below had been appear:

If there is anything that i can do, it will be great.
(I know that there is some solution, but I cant find how...)

SupSuper

Judging by the message, the game is still using a SCI font, which only supports standard characters and symbols (as shown in the Font window). Import a TTF (TrueType) font (for example from your Windows\Fonts folder) and that should fix it. Also, make sure the TTF font is being used: replace Font 0 for display text (GUIs, boxes, etc.) and Font 1 for speech text.
Programmer looking for work

Gilbert

I don't know if this is fixed yet, but as far as I know, you can use ASCII #>127 TTF characters only if you use a translation, i.e. make the game in English, or just use some dummy text, and then make a Hebrew "translation" for it.

More info from the BFAQ.

HaReL

maybe I didn't explain myself good enough.  :-\
The problem is still when I import the font, I didn't even come to the part when I'm starting to translate..

the blank places supposed to be letters in Hebrew. I tried A few fonts - and I get the same result.

Gilbert

I'm not sure how a hebrew font is composed of, it will work if it just uses the ordinary 256 slots for characters, but if it used complicated combination of bytes (like Chinese, Japanese, Korean fonts) to display a character it won't work at the moment. You'll need to remap the Hebrew characters to within the 256 slot area using some font utility then (which can be a pain when you need to enter those text yourself).

HaReL

Finally, I succeed to write in Hebrew. The solution was simple. My mistake was that I didn't import the font into Font 0, 1 , 2 but into 3,4... I thought that the font was not good, but the position that I imported into was wrong.
Anyway, thank's... ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk