Afrika Korps - A community roleplaying adventure in 1942

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/10/2012 10:09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 22/11/2012 15:06:41
> Appropriate crucifix

You do not need to use the word "appropriate" in this game.
Quote from: WHAM on Tue 27/11/2012 16:37:07
> Appropriate crucifix

:shocked:  déjà vu!? - An encrypted message? - A bug in the game?   

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 27/11/2012 17:42:52
Quote from: WHAM on Tue 27/11/2012 16:37:07
> Appropriate crucifix

:shocked:  déjà vu!? - An encrypted message? - A bug in the game?   
Someone pressed ENTER twice :).

Anyway, WHAM, did you notice there's still some other tent is visible through opening, even though we are standing in the farthermost tent? Is this intended and there's fifth tent, or is it bug?

miguel

Is it another tent we see or is it the desert sand?

Although we have been walking from tent to tent without noticing any kind of life, I believe that someone or something is watching us. Or might be near. So I think we should:

>really get everything strapped to the backpack TIGHT.

We don't want to go around sounding like tin man. I remember when I served in the army that we use to have a rough time with superiors when we didn't muffle our gear.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Baron

Right, that's the tents.  Now if I recall page 5 of the thread correctly, there is a single vehicle in the vehicle depot to the EAST, and an archaeological dig to the WEST.  I think we can all agree that the Phantom Menace (or "Ghost in the Darkness", if you will) has something to do with the dig, so I would propose that we scope out the vehicle first, with the goal of finding more clues as to our situation or maybe exchanging our current swag for more useful items (I don't know about you guys, but I'd feel a whole lot safer with a tire iron in my kit).

>>Examine vehicle and surrounding depot area

WHAM

> Really get everything strapped to the backpack TIGHT

You take a moment to rearrange your rucksack and strap it's contents securely in place to minimize any noise you might cause while moving.
You now have a little bit more space in your rucksack and are more quiet, but due to the tight straps and arrangement of you gear accessing your rucksack is now slightly slower.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

miguel

Wow! This was very rewarding! I finally found how to jailbreak Afrika Korps! The trick here is to insert the word REALLY before your actions. This way the software acknowledges that you really mean it.
Also, although it doesn't show, I feel like my Sneak skill increased.

> strap and unstrap rucksack several times until the rucksack feels like a extension of own body

NightHawk

>Take whatever food will fit in our ruck and go to the depot area.

selmiak

Quote from: NightHawk on Fri 30/11/2012 13:19:44
>Take whatever food will fit in our ruck and go to the depot area.

that + finally find a weapon...

Baron

Weapons just disappear!  What we need is a tire iron!  Those things are like kryptonite to mummies, werewolves, unicorns, garden gnomes, and various other beings of that ilk.

>> Really examine vehicle and surrounding depot area

miguel

Quote>> Really examine vehicle and surrounding depot area
+1

>press enter

WHAM

> Take whatever food will fit in our ruck and go to the depot area

You snatch a few tins of food and stuff them to your overstrained rucksack, which is now barely able to hold it's contents.
Carrying the rucksack is now uncomfortable and straining.

You head out of the tent and walk EAST to the vehicle depot.
Well, it's not much of a depot with only the kubelwagen present, the rest of the designated vehicle depot is just so much more sand.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

miguel

Baron

Is that a camel spider sneaking up behind us?

If so.....

>> Take evasive action

If not.... +1 for examining the Kubelwagen.

Ghost

Quote from: Baron on Wed 05/12/2012 01:14:35
Is that a camel spider sneaking up behind us?

Great, now I shat a brick. Thanks, baron!

Also, +1 for examining the Kübelwagen, and +1 for honking its horn. Maybe someone's still in range to hear us?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 05/12/2012 20:01:52Maybe someone's still in range to hear us?
Right, Ghost. Maybe something still in range to hear us.  (nod)

miguel

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 06/12/2012 10:04:14
Quote from: Ghost on Wed 05/12/2012 20:01:52Maybe someone's still in range to hear us?
Right, Ghost. Maybe something still in range to hear us.  (nod)

I'm pretty sure that we have been detected lurking around the camp site carrying a lantern. We never told WHAM to act particularly stealthy, we carry so much stuff with us that we are going to make noise, and we even had some ghost appearance!
I have a feeling that we'll have to fix this car later on...

Ghost

In my defense, spiders do not have ears. They listen with their hair and taste with their feet, and they are actually rather peaceful, even though a pack can easily bring down a moose... no wait, that was wolves, right?
Still, they have *no* ears, spiders, and won't come over waving their pincers at us should we decide to honk the horn.

selmiak

hey WHAM, please start posting the gamescreens with the imagezoom tags so that they are zoomable. Great fun.

Maybe we should get a weapon first and THEN honk the horn? Did I mention that we are unarmed already? And we are in a military camp. But at least we have boot polish :P

Baron

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 06/12/2012 22:56:22
Did I mention that we are unarmed already?

What are you talking about, unarmed?!?  We've got das Kubelwagen!  Get that sucker north of 80 km/hr and we can be playing fetch with werewolf road kill for the rest of this adventure.  And if that fails my plan is to smash the lamp beer-bottle-style and use it as a slashing weapon.  ( (wtf) Why isn't there a bottle-smashing emoticon??  Tabata, a little help, please?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk