Background Blitz - 051004 - Winner: Krysis

Started by loominous, Tue 04/10/2005 13:19:27

Previous topic - Next topic

ildu

Looks like Scummbuddy and Zooty got heavily influenced by the Calvin & Hobbes example image. They all have a small stand, a tree and a road, all situated roughly in the same place. Scummbuddy's even uses the same elements and a similar drawing style. I guess it's intentional. But nothing wrong with that. It just picks off from my score for best idea.

Best idea: Scummbuddy. I can't really say that it's the most original, but it suits the theme the best.

Best design: Krysis. I think the design leans most on the compositions and the elements that are presented in the image, and I think they're best in Krysis' background.

Best functionality: Krysis. There's a lot of areas to explore and I think it would definately work the best in an adventure game.

Best technique: Krysis. Looks great. It's colourful and wacky, and it's got a very distinct style to it. I would've voted for Scummbuddy, but it's just too close to the C&H image.

Scummbuddy

I'm working on a Calvin and Hobbes game...  ;)

Shh....
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

ildu

Ahh, I get it...  ;D

So, it's already the ending of the 20th. Can we wrap this up, finally?

loominous

Looking for a writer

Krysis

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! 10x. I'll make the next BG-blizts az soon as possible.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk