Background Blitz : 18 Jan - 1 Feb 2006

Started by Darth Mandarb, Wed 18/01/2006 20:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartimaeus

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/gaddit/CaveBlitz.png
2x

Another attempt at learning to paint in Photoshop  :D

I mimicked the cave structure from this reference: http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana300/cycl_ForgottenCave.jpg

Bart
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Clip

Well this is my first attempt in bg blitz.

rharpe

Quote from: Darth Mandarbrharpe - an excellent use of 16 colors.  Doesn't really convey a "cave of terror" feeling, but it's scary enough!
I guess you're right, I don't get that sense of fright either... more like enchantment. CRAP!  :'(
"Hail to the king, baby!"

LilBlueSmurf

Well, I would have done more, but I got bored, so here's mine.Ã,  Might have to look a sec to see the hidden danger.

320x200Ã,  7 colors

X2 in case it's hard to see

ildu

That's just marvelous. I really had to study it for a few seconds before I could see it. Now it's glaringly obvious :).

Bartimaeus

~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

seaduck

Hooray! Since today was my last exam, I've had the time to update my background - to actually finish itÃ,  :D - so I updated my previous post. Quiz: Find 3 threatsÃ,  ;)

Chicky

That's awesome lilbluesmurf! great effort.

scourge

2x

My first background blitz, i'm so excited :) No, it's not an oil patch, it's a shadow in the middle of the waterÃ,  :P
320x240 and 8 colours

ildu

Looks like that bg took you quite long to make.

scourge

yeah, about 3-4 hours. Are you being sarcastic?

ildu

Nope :). I just assumed that since there are so many highlights, it probably took a long time to make. Unless you didn't do them manually.

Indie Boy

How can you make highlights apear on youre background withot touching youre computer manually?
very creepy buloght
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

scourge

I don't know how else to do them but manually. I started with black screen and made lots of small blue patches to form the walls, then I added the shine, as I these things are wet aint they. Anyway.

nihilyst

I really admire your imagination (and your skill), buloght. When I would try to "start with a black screen and make lots of small blue patches to form walls", it would end up being food for my wastepaper basket.

I really like your picture, although the thing that creeps me out isn't the black patch in the water, but the mouth-like thing to the top.

The other entries are good as well.

cheers
nihilyst

LilBlueSmurf

Nice buloght.  I know it's not the crit lounge, but I thought I would comment for reference.  The 'spikes' at the top do add a cool almost mouth like look, which is cool.  If you are trying to do realistic stalactites/stalagmites though, they should be pointing down, even on a slanted surface as they are formed from water driping.  Oh, and great job with the texturing  :D

scourge

thanks nihilyst :)

Thanks for the advice lilbluesmurf :)

Darth Mandarb

Some awesome entries!

Anybody else thinking 'bout entering?!  You've got a few more days!!

Corey

yup i'm making a 3D BG again , will be done today, atleast i hope  :)
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk