Previous topic - Next topic

Theme

best idea: SBsLoVeNiA
Best Design: I liked the castle of bush_monkey but its no finished =/
Best Functionality: SBsLoVeNiA
Best Technique: biothlebop

o/

biothlebop

Best idea: Bushmonkey (the way the sand dunes are creeping in on it slowly)

Best design: Exsecratus (detailed, looks like a church)

Best functionality: Zooty (should be no problem placing a character there, don't think it even needs scaling)

Best technique : Afflict (pleasant colours, the rocks in the stream are too uniform though)
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Saberteeth

So wait, we can vote too just not for our pics?

Okay, here goes:

Best Idea: Zooty

Best Design: biothlebop

Best Funcionality: bush_monkey but unfinished...

BestTechnique: biothlebop

Mugs

Best idea: bush_monkey
Best design: biothlebop
Best functionality: gameboy
Best technique: bush_monkey
Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

ildu

Best Idea - This goes to gameboy. A simple, but still unique entry in this competition. It's not the most functional background, but idea-wise, it was good.

Best Design - The winner here is biothlebop. Design-wise, it's very innovative. Looks great, although I doubt it would work too well in an actual adventure game.

Best Functionality - The prize goes to SBsLoVeNiA. This was pretty much the only one out of all entries, that I could see fit to really function in a traditional way. Enough said.

Best Technique - Congrats to bush_monkey. Whereas it's definately not even nearly finished, the technique used in it is very promising. I'd really love to see it finished. Biothlebop was close here.

Sam.

I'm not bitter that you didnt vote for me, but, is it your place to be declaring winners?
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Saberteeth

He probably meant who the winner is in his opinion.

Sam.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

biothlebop

Not the ones who do drugs, according to arcade games.

ildu

Quote from: Zooty on Sat 04/03/2006 16:26:29
I'm not bitter that you didnt vote for me, but, is it your place to be declaring winners?

Yeah, I've been using the same formatting and lines of voting in every blitz I've voted in :D. They're just winners and prize-receivers in my opinion :). The font formatting is for emphasis and the short liners with 'sentence + person I vote for' are just liners. I've often wondered if it might be a bit confusing to some people. The problem is that I can't think of too many liners to use. Maybe I should just skip the liners next time :).

And I do apologize for not voting for you :). Maybe next time.

EDIT: Notice the abnormally high number of smilies indicating my embarrassment.

Sektor 13

Ok, i counted the votes !

Winner for each category:

Best Idea:    Zooty & Bush_monkey
Best Design:  Biothlebop
Best Functionality:  SBsLoVeNiA ( Sloveeeeenija od kod lepote tvoje :) ).
Best Technique: Bush_monkey &  Biothlebop

Overall winner is:    8) !! Biothlebop !! 8)

Hee, I told you, you might win !

**Althou the Bush_monkey has the same ammount of votes as the winner, but he didn't finish the background completly, so you take a 2nd place.

Congratulations to all !

Now, lets start a new one.  :P

Saberteeth

Quote from: Sektor 13 on Sun 05/03/2006 09:56:11
Best Functionality:Ã,  SBsLoVeNiA ( Sloveeeeenija od kod lepote tvoje :) ).
Yeah, baby, yea! Do it! <Sektor 13 starts shaking it in a hip-hop kinda style>...<SB joines in.>Ã,  ;D

NOTE: The above qoute from Sektor 13: The song he started singing is NOT hip-hop!

Anyway,...congrats biothlebop for winning, at least I got 'best functionality' even if I didn't win overall.

biothlebop

I'd like to thank all my fans, mom, dad, my coach and everyone with 9-5 jobs. A standing ovation goes to Bush-monkey's pic, for the concept.
As for my entry, it was more of a stream-of-consciousness picture, and it would indeed be a lot of work to place characters in, unless it was used as a first-person background. Feel free to use it though.
New topic coming up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk