The AGS chain story, detective theme, finished now for your reading pleasure!

Started by Andail, Wed 13/02/2008 16:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

LimpingFish

Well, that turned out...interesting. It's slightly disappointing that the plot line was cemented by the third section, in so much as it introduced a plot point that could only take the story in one direction. I gave up trying to pick out who had written what soon after, as the whole shebang descended into madness.

Taken as an experiment, I think it was a successful demonstration of the Butterfly Effect.

I think giving the participants creative carte blanche in the next round will have a similar result. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Emerald

Quote from: auriond on Fri 07/03/2008 01:40:35
Well, maybe I didn't make myself clear - you suggested a rough plot, protagonist and so on... I think just a character will do :)

I still came up with the notion :P

PixelPerfect

Maybe just agreeing that the main character is reasonably sane this time around? The insanity bit just doesn't work when switching writers.

Emerald

Quote from: PixelPerfect on Fri 07/03/2008 17:17:20
Maybe just agreeing that the main character is reasonably sane this time around? The insanity bit just doesn't work when switching writers.

In fairness, that was mainly caused by me misunderstanding the POV switch. Although if it had been stated 'no crazy protagonists' from the beginning, I wouldn't have made the mistake...

The main problems arise, however, when different writers interpret 'insanity' in different ways. He ranges from mildly 'odd' to a psychotic heart-eater and back again  throughout the story...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk