Fortnightly writing competition: 10th-22nd January 2009

Started by Trihan, Sat 10/01/2009 22:54:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Nice entries get more people can't stop reading.. Mr Fibble and uncel-mum thumbs up for making a very similar (almost thought it was Douglas) entry. Also Dudeman...and Stupot (loved the part about Forsynthe) close enough.. Aljoho thumbs for an entry tha sure praises randomness. Oh, and one dollar for thinking of a very cool subject..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Trihan

I should actually have mentioned that voting was supposed to start 2 days ago. I'll allow until the 24th for voting due to this massive oversight on my part.

My vote goes to uncle-mum, as I feel that his entry was the most likely to actually appear in the Guide.

Aljoho

Being not particularly familiar with his style i'm not going to vote based on similarities

I vote Mr Flibble because it made me chuckle the most
A Tribute to my success -  A wonky ASCII Trophy
                              .__.
                              (|  |)
                               (  )
                              _)(_

Mr Flibble

A vote for uncle-mum is a vote for uncle-mum, and it is also my vote.

Edit: By the way Trihan, voting starting on the 22nd and running until the 24th sounds correct to me, isn't that how it's meant to go? That would make the competition 2 weeks long overall, and it is a "fortnightly writing competition".
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Trihan

I was just going by the dates of the last one. Maybe that is how it's meant to be.

Dualnames

That was a really tough choice to make between Uncle-mum and Fibble, but I vote for uncle-mum because his entry reminds me of matresses and one of my favourite quotes by Marvin.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

uncle-mum

Not to make this to much of a mutual appreciation society but I'm going to side with Aljoho and pick Mr Flibble's chuckle-worthy entry

Trihan

It's official, uncle-mum wins. Well done! You receive...no pixel trophy 'cause I suck at them. I will try to make you a crappy one just so you have something to show for this. :P

Dualnames

I could make one golden with the GUIDE for you...

Wish i knew how to make it be transparent..anyway.

uncle-mum

That's some good work duelnames, I feel honored

Dualnames

uncle-mum

Sorry, being a (relative) n00b I've okly just realised it's on me to do the next comp. I'll get right on it when I get in from work (there's only so much I can do with the internet on my phone...)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk