FORTNIGHTLY WRITING COMPETITION - Fictional Game Review (RESULTS)

Started by Baron, Sun 01/06/2014 04:20:52

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Best Fictional Game:
kconan: SimCop

Best Organized Review:
Ghost: I Swear Once You Blink, It's Different

Best Word Choice/Style:
Eric: Bejeweled: Apocalypse

Most Incisive Review:
Stupot+: No One Can Stop the Beast Fiesta

kconan

Best Fictional Game: Stupot+ - I love the title and the game sounds awesome...wanted more gameplay review because how cool the game sounds.
Best Organized Review: CaptainD - A complete review of a "soul-destroyingly" bad game.
Best Word Choice/Style: Sinitrena - Unique presentation and word choices for a video game review.
Most Incisive Review: Ghost - Ghost covered all aspects of the game in his review and sold me.

Giraffadon

Best Fictional Game:
- Eric

Best Organized Review:
- Ghost

Best Word Choice/Style:
- Eric

Most Incisive Review:
- Wham

Sinitrena

Best Fictional Game:
Giraffadon: Small Talk & Awkward Situation Simulator '98
WHAM: Data Entry Simulator 2024
Best Organized Review:
Ghost: I Swear Once You Blink, It's Different
Best Word Choice/Style:
Stupot+: No One Can Stop the Beast Fiesta
Most Incisive Review:
kconan: SimCop
CaptainD House Hunter Extreme!

Impressive entries all around, guys!

Ponch

Best Fictional Game: Kconan
Best Organized Review: Ghost
Best Word Choice: Sinitrena
Most Incisive: WHAM

Ghost

Best fictional game: No One Can Stop The Beast Fiesta (Stupot+)
Best organized review: Data Entry Sim (Wham)
Best word choice: Bejeweled Apocalypse (Eric)
Most incisive: No One Can Stop The Beast Fiesta (Stupot+)

__
edit: Forgot one "+"

LostTrainDude

Best Fictional Game: Ghost, Stupot+
Best Organized Review: CaptainD, WHAM
Best Word Choice/Style: Sinitrena, Eric
Most Incisive Review: CaptainD, kconan

Tough one, guys! Really great round anyway :D
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Stupot

Best fictional game: kconan, giraffadon.
Best organized review: wham
Word choice/style: Sinitrena, Eric
Most incisive: ghost, captainD

@Ghost, that + is just remnant from when I got overly excited about Google+. I just never bothered to remove it and don't expect people to use it :-)

Baron

Well, I guess that's that: it's results time!
    As I see it, the votes are as follows:

Ghost      8 points
Stupot+    8 points
Eric       6 points
Sinitrena  6 points
WHAM       6 points
kconan     5 points
CaptainD   5 points
Griffadon  2 points
LostTrainDude

A pretty close run contest, with a lot of hard decisions to be made (especially by me, the self-proclaimed Vice-President of Awesome and official tie breaker ;-D).  I really liked Stupot+ and Ghost's reviews for different reasons, but probably my votes (were I allowed to cast them freely) would have gone to Griffadon for a hilarious concept, kconan for a his well thought-out delivery (especially the jokes), WHAM for his writing style and CaptainD for incisiveness.

So, now the choosings.  It did not escape my attention that all but one of the voters cast a vote for Ghost (the exception being the very classy Ghost himself), while Stupot+'s votes were more clustered among a dedicated hard-core fan base.  So I hereby declare Ghost the winner of this competition, and assign unto him the Golden Statler & Waldorf Betentacled Trophy of Critical Game Review Excellence!

Thus, barely relegated to second place is Stupot+, who therefore gets to take home the Silver Statler & Waldorf Betentacled Trophy of Critical Game Review Exceptionalness!

And finally, since I hate playing favourites and everyone did such a fine job, we have a three-way tie for third place with Eric, WHAM, and Sinitrena receiving the Bronze Statler & Waldorf Betantacled Trophy of Critical Game Review Intriguement!

Congratulations to all the winners!  And now it falls to Ghost's worthy shoulders to give us our next topic in the next exciting instalment of....

..THE FORTNIGHTLY WRITING COMPETITION!!!!

Eric

I totally fell down on the job when it came to voting in this round. So sorry, but I can't argue with those results (except to say that I think I may have done my entry wrong, comparatively!).

Congrats Ghost (and Stupot too)! I look forward to the next round!

Stupot

Damn. In hindsight I could have won this by deliberately not giving Ghost a point, as I was the last to vote.  Once again my integrity, sportsmanship and jolly nice blokedness backfires.  That said, Ghost gave me two points so he's clearly a nicer chap than I. Therefore, I humbly step aside and accept 2nd place with only a very mild case of inner rage. Well done Ghosty. :)

Ghost

Thanks a lot, but seriously, each and every entry here was awesome in its way.

I shall treasure this lovely golden doubleheadedness of W&S. They're my favourites on The Show, plus Animal.

Will try to come up with something good soon (nod)

LostTrainDude

Congratulations to Ghost and Stupot+ and to the others as well!
And, Baron... For being the Vice-President of Awesome you sure make top quality trophies! :D

See you on the next round!

EDIT: Forgot to mention Stupot+ (roll)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

kconan

Congrats to Ghost and Stupot+ for taking home the coveted Statler and Waldorf, and nice job on a choosing a fun writing comp theme Baron!

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk