Fortnightly Writing Competition - Subject: Santa! (12/15 - 12/28) **WINNER **

Started by Ponch, Wed 15/12/2010 05:40:30

Previous topic - Next topic

kconan

Tenacious Stu

I like the idea of Santa busting out of the clink.

Dualnames

Atelier. Well just the presentation of the entry and the idea is really worth it. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

monkey0506

I'm somewhat torn between Ben and Stu..but if I were to remain impartial..I feel that Stu's is perhaps slightly bettar. My vote goes to Tenacious Stu..and my second vote goes to Ben304. :=

Tenacious Stu

Ben

His storytelling is as good in prose as it is in his games  ;D

I was also very fond of Kconans

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Tenacious Stu on Wed 29/12/2010 09:43:35
Ben

His storytelling is as good in prose as it is in his games  ;D

Aww, my games are corny and cliched too?  :P

+1 vote for Tenacious Stu

Ponch

And the polls are closed!

We had eight entries, five votes, and two people who thought they could vote twice. ;)

And first place goes to Tenacious Stu!

There was a tie for second place, so I had to consult my magic eight ball. Taking the entries in the order they were posted, I asked the round, plastic repository of knowledge "Does Ben304 take second place?" The answer was "Very Doubtful."

I'm sorry, Ben, but that means that Atelier takes the runner up spot. (Don't blame me! Blame my cherished childhood toy!)

So that means that Ben304 comes in third.

And the "Miss Congeniality" crayons go to kconan, dualnames, monkey 05 06, legendary (who apparently joined the forums just to post his story. Thanks!), and bush monkey. Better luck next time, guys! :D

And so, as this magical holiday season draws to a close, I turn the next competition over to Tenacious Stu. Take it away, you magnificently tenacious fellow!

Dualnames

I made a Barn Runner related entry. Gimme a better prize you!  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Gilbert

Haha When I saw the golden pen trophy I thought it was someone wearing a bikini!

Tenacious Stu

Wow, thanks for all the votes guys  ;)

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 30/12/2010 22:43:16
And so, as this magical holiday season draws to a close, I turn the next competition over to Tenacious Stu. Take it away, you magnificently tenacious fellow!

So what do I do now? I'm afraid this is my first competition and so am not sure what happens next? Do I need to come up with and post the next challenge?

P.S. Do I get to put that pen in my signature now?  ;D

Gilbert

Quote from: Tenacious Stu on Fri 31/12/2010 03:05:10
So what do I do now? I'm afraid this is my first competition and so am not sure what happens next? Do I need to come up with and post the next challenge?
Yes. Just make a new thread when you have come up with an idea for the next round.

P.S. Do I get to put that pen in my signature now?  ;D
It's your choice. :)

Ponch

Dual: Hey, man. It's not up to me. The people (and the magic eight ball) have spoken!

Gilbet: Now that you mention it, that would have made a much better trophy.

Stu: Congrats on your win. Enjoy your pen. Looking forward to whatever contest you come up with.

Dualnames

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 31/12/2010 21:29:48
Dual: Hey, man. It's not up to me. The people (and the magic eight ball) have spoken!

Gilbet: Now that you mention it, that would have made a much better trophy.

Stu: Congrats on your win. Enjoy your pen. Looking forward to whatever contest you come up with.
It's okay dude :D. Speaking of it I feel I'm acting like a total fanboy, so I'm gonna settle down for a bit.  ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 31/12/2010 21:34:51
I feel I'm acting like a total fanboy, so I'm gonna settle down for a bit.  ;)

No. Don't do that. Do just the opposite of that! I need all the adoration I can get!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk