King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 16/01/2014 22:20:35
As to what the gift does, simply uncover it and gaze into it, and the answer will be made clear to you.
Quote from: WHAM on Tue 14/01/2014 16:16:15
Use it wisely, for only once will it serve thee'.
Quote from: WHAM on Mon 18/11/2013 15:55:25
"King of the land, know that your reign will not be an easy one. But fear not, for on the third day from now, an object will be passed unto you, which will grant you the assistance of myself and others like me. Be wise and use it well, unlike the one who reigned over this land before you, for wasting such power might see your reign come to end sooner than you think."

From what I gather it's a one-time-use device that shows us the truth in what we seek, eg: an army is coming, you will be poisoned, etc. Knowing the truth now will likely be what he considers a "waste". So, given that information:

> Mention what the shadowy figure had said with the previous king having wasted the gift, ask when it would be an appropriate time to use it. Then accept the gift.

Edit: I strongly believe that using the gift now would be considered a waste. And asking him questions is something we will only have one opportunity to do, so make use of his presence now or we'll never know what this device really does or when to use it.

Tibatonk

I'm not sure whether gazing into the gift = using it, but some more information might indeed be helpful.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 17/01/2014 17:32:06
> Mention what the shadowy figure had said with the previous king having wasted the gift, ask when it would be an appropriate time to use it. Then accept the gift.

+1

miguel

Yup, looks like we can see what it does and then chose when to use it.

QuoteQuote from: Ryan Timothy on Today at 17:32

+1
Working on a RON game!!!!!

WHAM

Still not convinced by this strange man, you decide you will try and have more information of him.

"A man came before you, perhaps one of these 'others', and told me of your coming. He also said that the previous king wasted his gift. How? And how will I know when the time comes to use the gift?"

The strange man shifts ever-increasingly nervous:

"When and how to use the gift is up to you, and the only instruction I can give to you now is to only use it when the end is near. There is no right or wrong time, however, but each ruler who has used the gift has wished they hadn't, and each ruler who didn't use the gift has wished they had. Heed these words: when the time is dire and your kingdom is truly in peril, then you may call upon this gift, and in doing so you will evoke powers that can both help and harm."

The hooded man glances at your guards, then at the window, and shakes his head.

"My time here is at it's end."

He places the gift, a round object covered in black silk, on the floor before you, and turns to leave without a further word.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

miguel

Looks like we'll have to keep it without knowing what powerful forces it unleashes.
But the hooded man is still here and this time he didn't vanish in a cloud.

> Ask him if the king before us used the gift or not. Also have the gift stored in our treasury room.

It's times like this that we really needed a spy. We need somebody to follow and track people around town.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 18/01/2014 10:39:56
"There is no right or wrong time, however, but each ruler who has used the gift has wished they hadn't, and each ruler who didn't use the gift has wished they had. [Using the gift] will evoke powers that can both help and harm."
Now doesn't that sound wonderful. I believe I now want to take it up to those mountains and have someone smash it to pieces.

Also the eerie darkness surrounding the shadowy figure, is that a quick and easy fix from WHAM to show that it's nearing the end of the day or did it actually get dark in this kingdom except for our furry friend?

Ghost

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 20/01/2014 00:31:21
Also the eerie darkness surrounding the shadowy figure, is that a quick and easy fix from WHAM to show that it's nearing the end of the day or did it actually get dark in this kingdom except for our furry friend?

I think the latter. We did not have the light changes before and WHAM tends to be consistent. I think this mysterious object is doing something: We and the hodded bear are still normally drawn; the background actually fades.

> DEMAND the HOODED BEAR to EXPLAIN*

__
* In a KINGLY MANNER.

Ryan Timothy B

And I sense that it's a bomb of sorts. Why else would this creature be as nervous as he is, and growing ever increasingly nervous with each moment you delay him - we didn't even accept it and he set it on the ground and is already dashing for the door. I say we take it out of the kingdom as fast as possible. Do not touch it with bare hands, he wasn't. Have these two guards run it out of the kingdom and bury it somewhere and keep a secret record of its location. If it isn't a bomb, it's doom. I don't feel good about this.

miguel

Let's order Jesterino to pick it up, then lick it in a manly way.
If he does survive then we're good to keep it.

Seriously, it seems to me that this item, although cursed with some inevitable harmful consequence when used, is vital to fight some darker forces that will undoubtedly attack us somewhere in the future. Maybe our fate as a mortal will be doomed the moment we use it but doing it may save our kingdom.

> Pressure the dude once more into revealing more info. Keep the item in our treasury, guarded at all times.

It's now clear that the guy won't pick it up again unless order it and maybe then he can vanish like the other one.

WHAM

You feel the need for more information, and exclaim:

"Wait! Did the Evil King have this gift? Did he use it?"

The strange man pauses, then turns to face you. You realize it is awfully quiet.

"He did not, though he could have, and had he done so, you would not sit here today, King.
I believe he was saving it for something specific, though I do not know what."

The air stands still. You feel a painful headache coming on.

"Please accept the gift, King." -the stange man says. "I must leave, for time waits for no-one."

He begins to turn to leave once more.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

miguel

Radiant

> Thank the man and let him leave.

Problem

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 20/01/2014 18:34:46
+1

This is not darkness.. this is... err, monochromity. It follows this man (lol).

selmiak

So whoever posesses this mirror is surrounded by greyness? And the farther you get away from it the more grey happens? And this grey seems evil. But we haven't accepted yet, thought the king is still in color... or is it some kind of cellphone to contact the beary figure. But he is still here so no need to contact him (or the others) that way.

> say: "Come on, explain what this thing does. And what's with all the monochromity here? Is your Graphics card broken? Do you need an updates? Update me first on your gift and you are free to leave." If he leaves anyways run after him and make him explain.

Adeel

Perhaps the monochrome background is an indication that time has slowed down or simply stopped. And only we and mr. Hoodie are 'normal' at the moment.

It's logical since the guy mentioned there's no time left for him to stay here anymore. Hence, perhaps, he used all or some of his power to slow or stop the time down for a while to answer our questions.

E: Wham mentioned: 'The air stands still'. And then in his ending words, Mr. Hoodie mentions that time waits for no one.

So, I believe that mr. Hoodie is using all of his power to make the time stand still or slow down but he obviously can't do that forever. Because no matter who you're, your stamina isn't unlimited.

Ghost

Yeah I roll with that. Time to do something king-worthy and active instead of always balancing numbers. I mean, we're a person right?
+1

miguel

+1

Yeah, he smells too.

Tabata

Ooh noes :shocked:
Our world is beginning to fade away already because of that gift - no wonder this dark soul is in hurry to leave
Hopefully the acceptance of that gift won't let the king fade away, too   :undecided:

Ghost

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 20/01/2014 23:06:29
Hopefully the acceptance of that gift won't let the king fade away, too   :undecided:

Nah. No worries. King's Fade would make a bad title for an adventure game. King's Quest though, I think that could work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk