MAGS 2008-01: Prologue

Started by Klaus, Tue 01/01/2008 13:27:29

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

Nice work! I've downloaded and completed both, and I'm having a hard time choosing which to vote for. Glad to see some people managed to get their entries completed in time.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Woodban, is that music from Requiem for a Dream? If not, it's very, very similar in style. Très creepy, great mood-setter.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

LeafThief

I actually "composed" the music myself. Don't know Requiem for a Dream at all - is that kind of a movie?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Do yourself a favor and check it out. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLpJtvzlEI - Here's the piece I meant.

Kneel. Now.

LeafThief

I listened to Lux aeterna, and the first impression was - what the f... ?! That song sounds really good - not like mine ;D.
Those two pieces of music sound similar - but I hear significant differences when I listen closely. The strings in my piece of music are higher and the descension within the main "riff" that the strings play is a slighter one than in Lux Aeterna. Then there is the harp which could be identified with the xylophone in my song, but they play two different melodies.
Nevertheless, I was really freaked out when i listened to the music at first!  :o

Akatosh

Quote from: FSi on Sat 26/01/2008 16:42:44
Red Beard Saves RON: Prologue (beta)

Sorry for not finishing the rest of the character art... it was a mixture of real life bitchiness and... well... apathy.  :-[

Ilmion

Those two entries certainly fill the first rules

QuoteYour main aim is to make your audience want to keep on playing by the end of the game

Because I's really like to play more :)

Good job !

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Woodban and anyone who's roughly interested, here's the original version of Lux Aeterna, non-remixed, more similar to Woodban's version by those freaks occurrences. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjWHlKAsBNA&feature=related

Kneel. Now.

Klaus

So the time for voting is over now ... and we have a winner.

With his very first game he made it on top of this competition,
the winner this month is Woodban with his game Below Zero.
Congratulations!

Many thanks go to FSi for joining the contest, too.

woodz

LeafThief

OneDollar

Congrats Woodban! (And also FSI ;))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk