MAGS April “Finish Your MAGS Game” (VOTING)

Started by Stupot, Mon 01/04/2024 05:12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS April?

Barn Runner: Fashionably Late (by Ponch)
Steeplejack (by GOC Games)
Sherwood (by Radiant)
In Our Midst (by OneDollar)

Voting closes: Wed 22/05/2024 16:14:16

heltenjon

Quote from: OneDollar on Sat 20/04/2024 09:32:46
Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 19/04/2024 11:27:31Then we're going to need another MAGS theme called "Finish Finishing Your MAGS Game".
The MAGS participation thread talked about doing this regularly. I'm told that in the sewists community they have a 'Finish it February'. If we did a fixed thing like that though we'd have to delay e.g. December's winner to setting the rules for March.
Not necessarily, if it was a regular event. Although I guess the participation for main MAGS would go down the set month, if both were going on at the same time.

Personally, I'd think it was cool if there was no set time for the Finish It theme, but a year-long slot that would be voted over once a year. Don't know if it would work, though. Or maybe, if you knew it was "Finish it February", people would complete their games when they had the time and release them in that month. Yeah, yeah, forever the optimist, I know...

Cassiebsg

But we already have year-long "Finish your MAGS", after all we can finish a game anytime. Having a deadline is the point, at least for me. ;)
Having no deadline, means the old projects always stay in the back-burner, because we tend to do stuff that "need" to be finished first.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

TheFrighter

Sometimes a deadline is a push for forgotten projects...

Let's say a "FYG" event every 7 months? But I don't think it should be a MAGS, more an extra event.

_

Ponch

I like the sudden announcement of the theme. I wish I had checked the thread earlier than I did.

However, I think I will be able to finish this game in time... hopefully.

VampireWombat

Hopefully when finish your finish your mags game happens I will be able to finish my game. My allergies the last week or so have been too bad for me to feel like working on it much. I wish those still working on their games good luck.

Ponch

Cutting is shipping and I have cut the hell out of this thing to make the deadline!

Barn Runner: Fashionably Late
(MAGS Version)

Help the Chief of Police get ready for various events in her life by making sure she is dressed for success.
Features include:
Several outfits (I had to cut four just to make the deadline!)
A different subplot for each outfit
A tremendous variety of underwear!  :=
Finally experience the world of Barn Runner from the point of view of The Chief
Learn more about the goings on behind the scenes in the halls of power of Arcology 19
Made with AGS 2.72 (there wasn't time to upconvert this old thing to AGS 3.x)  :embarrassed:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Once MAGS voting is done for the month, I'll upload the complete version of this game with all the content I had to cut.  :smiley:

ddavey1983

Steeplejack
By GOC Games

Fred and Albert are steeplejacks trying to demolish a chimney.

Does everthing go to plan? No. No it doesn't.

A traditional point and click adventure game made by GOC Games in one month for MAGS April 2024. Originally intended for MAGS August 2023 - Distance/Separation.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2755-steeplejack

cat

Radiant

And minutes before the deadline, here's Sherwood.

A stealth roguelite where you sneak through the forest of Sherwood to rescue Robin from the Sheriff of Nottingham.
  • Enemies can see, hear, and/or smell you!
  • Stun soldiers with rocks and steal their stuff!
  • Procedurally generated areas!
  • Bribe common enemies with gold and/or raw meat!
  • Invisibility potions!
  • Probably contains bugs!
  • Rescue the gang of Merry Men!
  • Art and music courtesy of OpenGameArt dot org!
  • Sound effects pending!

https://radiant.itch.io/sherwood

Control your character with the cursor arrows; mouse doesn't control anything in this game.
Press Z to switch between stealth and sprint mode.
Press X to use items once you've got them. For instance, you can throw rocks at enemies to stun them, or at trees to make noise (attracting enemies).
Press C to switch between different items once you've got more than one.
Other than that, it's a roguelite; so normal gameplay is to die a bunch of times while you figure out how it works.

OneDollar

In Our Midst

"In Our Midst" is a short point'n'click adventure game paying homage to a certain popular multiplayer game. You play an alien being that has infiltrated a space ship, disguising itself as one of the crew members. Now you have to eliminate the remaining crew so that you can seize control of the ship.

Originally intended as an entry for September 2022's Sometimes Evil Wins theme.

Download and web version here

That whole finishing the game two weekends ago plan didn't happen. Still, I've managed to scrape enough time to pull something together just in time for the deadline.

Known issues in this version:
 - Loading from the main menu uses the default dialog.
 - There is no confirmation prompt when overwriting a save game.
 - There is no confirmation prompt when loading a game.
 - Quitting the game uses the default dialog.

Any other bugs or comments, let me know!

Ponch

Lots of very interesting looking games. I was afraid I was going to be the only entry! \o/

Stupot

Nice batch of entries guys. Well done. I'll have the voting set up soon.

@eri0o Your last post about your game was v6. Is this officially a finished entry?

eri0o

No, that wasn't finished at all. Count me out of this one, I did find time to yank a new module and a little ags, but unfortunately couldn't fit a game, too many things happened outside of ags this month.

Spoiler
setting up a nursery here. ;)
[close]

Stupot

Quote from: eri0o on Wed 01/05/2024 14:33:26No, that wasn't finished at all. Count me out of this one, I did find time to yank a new module and a little ags, but unfortunately couldn't fit a game, too many things happened outside of ags this month.

Spoiler
[close]
Thanks for letting me know.
Spoiler
and congratulations
[close]

Stupot

Time to vote.
Please use the poll above.

Barn Runner: Fashionably Late
(MAGS Version)

by Ponch
Steeplejack
by GOC Games
Sherwood
by Radiant
In Our Midst
by OneDollar

As always, please let me know if I've missed anything.

jwalt

Stupot, those links don't seem to work for me?

Stupot

Quote from: jwalt on Wed 01/05/2024 16:41:45Stupot, those links don't seem to work for me?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll sort it out in the morning. I think the forum butchered them when I ran them through the 'preview'.

heltenjon

Quote from: eri0o on Wed 01/05/2024 14:33:26No, that wasn't finished at all. Count me out of this one, I did find time to yank a new module and a little ags, but unfortunately couldn't fit a game, too many things happened outside of ags this month.

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Sounds like you are the winner, anyway! Huge congratulations!
[close]
(nod)

Kastchey

Spoiler
[close]
Congrats =]

cat

Congratulations, @eri0o !
Too bad this means less time for games  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk