MAGS April: OROM (One Room One Month) (Winner Announced - See results)

Started by Dualnames, Fri 26/03/2010 18:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Whoa, 13 hours? That's a cock load. My game will have some polish after all.

Igor Hardy

Done.

EDIT: You mean there's still more time? Then I'm erasing the link, cause this version is really rough at the end.

Chicky

Where did progZ go? Maybe he is too busy pwning AGS to read the forums.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Someone told me the deadline was at 5pm my time, which is in 32 minutes....I was all set to post and now there's an extension.

MUAHAHAHAH....Time to add some more naaaaaauggghttty biiiiittttsss!

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Calin Leafshade

Kweepa

LimpingFish

It's done!

Not the game I planned to make at the start of the month (uninteresting story, tell tomorrow), but rather a replacement I knocked up in a 72 hour period while listening to King Crimson albums on a continuous loop.

Dead Hand

(by Limpingfish. Panorama3D Module by Steve McCrea.)

Features: First recorded use of Steve McCrea's Panorama3D module!
                Multiple nodes!
                Minimal Gameplay! (Remember, kids! If it's got gameplay, it's not a LimpingFish game!)
                Redefines the word "Short"!
                Throws you into the middle of a story, then pulls you out again! You learn nothing!
                31mb download!

Instructions: Hold down right mouse button and drag to rotate view. Click stuff with left mouse button!

Game is 320x240, but is setup to run with 3x filter. Bugs may abound!

Enjoy!

I going to go collapse in a corner now...play all games tomor-...Zzzzzzzzzz.

(and thanks to TerranRich for his ShutUpload service!)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Dualnames

Have a great sleep Limping Fish. Steve I've updated the link. So far four entries posted, and I'm wayyyy happy. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Okay, I've already fell asleep at my computer 5 times today working on this so screw it.  Here is the current playable build of

HARD SPACE:  CONQUEST OF THE GAYLIKS.

http://www.mediafire.com/?muwzjnmnwkn

This is an adventure game with ADULT themes.  This means that if you are a kiddie or scared by things like pixelized boobies, penises or strong language then simply do not play until you begin to enter puberty and discover these things are fun!

Also, I am aware of the bugs in the game so I will not respond or acknowledge bug reports at this time (so save some time and don't post them).

Eventually there will be a more polished, FULL RELEASE version of this game with all the backgrounds cleaned up, probably more animations, and all the fixes.  That will not happen today or in a week.

I have been working on this game full-tilt since April 1st so to say I am proud of what I accomplished in that time is an understatement.  You will find inside the tiny RAR quite possibly the largest game I've made yet with actual gameplay and lots and lots of fun things to do and have done to you, like:

1.  Achieve up to 6 awards or demerits depending on your gameplay style.

2. PUNCH!!

3.  SCREW!!

4.  Solve puzzles with the help of witty banter from your companions Spunk and Dr. Ramsey

5.  Try to keep the security guy alive only to see him die in some other amusing way.

6.  BOOBIES!

7.  Battles to the DEATH.

8.  Look up strange words like 'Penetrator' and 'Scatty' on your wristcom computer!

9.  Visit strange new worlds and terrorize the populace with your AMAZING technology.

10.  Generally have a lot of fun unless you're a really boring person with no sense of humor.

If you want to tell me how much you love the game, do so by PM please.  Chances are very good I will be sleeping and completely avoiding AGS for the next week to get it out of my system.

That is all.  And have fun, kids, and remember:  I made this game because I LOVE YOU.

Yes, you.

Special thanks goes to that amazing AngelicCharon not only for beta testing this albatross of a game but for putting up with my semi-coherent caffeine rants on puzzle design.  He is the reason you got to play the game today (he is also the one to blame if things don't work).

Dualnames

6 entries and looking at my saturday going to waste, listening to the BEST THEME IN AN AGS GAME EVER! ShiverMeSideways, from now on, if you fall, we shall lift you up, if you stumble, we shall grab you, if you speak, we shall listen,

IF YOU SAY JUMP, WE ASK HOW HIGH SIR!

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AngelicCharon

I haven't taken the time to look at any of the entries yet (besides the ones I was a part of), so this post is less commentary on everything, and more commentary on my role in this month's MAGS.

Why?  Because I can.

Anywho...I suppose in order of 'release'.

Space Pool 'Alpha'
Role: Portrait Art, Special Art, basically
Commentary:
This was a fun project to be involved with, with all the variation, and the challenge of doing a series of ports in a confined 20px x 20px space, and attempting to make them recognizable to their 'fictional counterparts'.  That said, I look forward to hearing about people beating Space Pool to see the little surprise that was tossed together. :)  Other than that, was great working with Steve, and I hope to work with him more on other projects. :)  (any questions or behind the scenes stuff, feel free to ask...I'm more than happy to share)

Hard Space
Role: Beta Testing, sounding board, all around guy of guys (so, not much)
Commentary:
Another REALLY fun project to assist on behind the scenes.  I have to say, ProgZ outdid himself with a few of these puzzles.  Very well thought out, great story, the whole kit and kaboodle.
THAT SAID!  If anything doesn't work?  You can totally blame me.  There are a number of things ProgZ is already aware of, BUT, overall?  It works.  It's great.  It's a complete experience, an enjoyable one, and one you may end up playing more than once to see different outcomes. :D

Beyond that, the other entries look good, but I haven't taken a look at them yet.  Will do so, and will comment on them.  I know for me, it'll be an interesting voting race. :D  Loads of quality.

Ryan Timothy B

Steve, your Space Pool game is the only one I've played so far at this moment, you've got some talent man.
I would love to have my hands on a physics module with balls like that, interacting with each other, that work on uneven terrain like a drawn region.  //hint

There were some slight issues, some you obviously know about, and some that you may not.  And just some suggestions.
-You can knock balls in by pushing opponent's ship into them, you never even need to release the ball to win a game. You shouldn't be able to hit them at all while you have the que ball.  Because you can always throw them off into a far corner before you take your shots, giving you tons of time to slowly crawl over and collect the ball.
-Your ship can still collect the que ball while flashing red and drifting.
-You can't collect the que ball if you're sitting on it once it stops moving, you have to leave it, and then return.
-Leaves a faint AA green quite often.

Great stuff.  Hopefully I'll get around to playing all entries... Dual, when does voting start and finish?

Calin Leafshade

Hey not all the entries are in yet :p

We'll be done before the new deadline though.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sat 01/05/2010 07:21:54
Hey not all the entries are in yet :p

Yes, everybody is eagerly waiting for Baron's and mine.

Kweepa

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 01/05/2010 06:15:44
I would love to have my hands on a physics module with balls like that, interacting with each other, that work on uneven terrain like a drawn region.  //hint
If you want the source code, it's available here:
http://www.kweepa.com/step/ags/tech/SpacePool.zip (750KB)

-You can knock balls in by pushing opponent's ship into them, you never even need to release the ball to win a game. You shouldn't be able to hit them at all while you have the que ball.  Because you can always throw them off into a far corner before you take your shots, giving you tons of time to slowly crawl over and collect the ball.
-Your ship can still collect the que ball while flashing red and drifting.
-You can't collect the que ball if you're sitting on it once it stops moving, you have to leave it, and then return.
- Hmm, I never thought about cheating that much... I changed the behaviour so you drop the cue ball if you ram the other player (after having held the ball for more than 1 second)
- I didn't think that was too bad, but having changed the part below, it doesn't work any more. Fixed
- Yeah, again that seemed like it wasn't too bad, but several people have complained about it now, so... fixed

Thanks for your comments!

-Leaves a faint AA green quite often.
Just think of it as rubbing the nap of the table when stunned :=

So, new version of the game (again!)

http://www.kweepa.com/step/ags/games/SpacePoolAlpha12.zip (1.1MB)

I've now had a chance to play the other entries (so far), and I must say they're top quality! Tough competition!

ShiverMeSideways

I want to reiterate that it's not fair that I'm competing music-wise in this MAGS with m0ds.  :=

However, what do you mean, Duals, you liked my stuff? ( := x 2 )

Igor Hardy

And here cometh Snakes of Avalon. Through this excellent download link.

I won't say much about the game beyond that it is the work of Baron and me. And that it is a high res, animated movie quality adventure game. And that it is a must-play.

Also, consider the fact that there always happen to be snakes in rat-hole. In this particular case, Jack happens upon a particularly nasty conspiracy organized by a bunch of them. He takes an oath to give his best to stop them. Too bad then that he is a complete drunk, who has trouble discerning reality from hallucinations.

And of course it all happens on Avalon - the ancient, mythical island.

Chicky

I am awake and rested. Time to fix my bugs and release something.

Calin Leafshade

remember that britain is not is GMT.. we are in BST at the moment which is GMT +1

so you actually get an hour longer i think

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk