MAGS April: "Time" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Fri 01/04/2011 16:28:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Quote from: Atelier on Thu 12/05/2011 19:29:02
What a month. Seven games and a record breaking MAGS!

AMAZING MONTH INDEED.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

WHAM

Awwwww, crud! Oh well, I lost to the best... Wait, what is THAT thing doing with 5 votes!? :o

Oh well, this was a HUGE MAGS and a deserving win to hedgefield. I have to admit that 15 had the best implementation of the theme. Good job!  :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Icey

Congrats hedgefield, I was surprised that OSD made it into 4th place! It got 5 votes despite the bugs.

@WHAM: Must have been the 3D effect & maybe because it was a RPG. :P

Matti

Congrats, hedge, and thanks to you all for the great games, I enjoyed everyone of them. Well, every game..

Hudders

Quote from: Matti on Thu 12/05/2011 21:06:29
I enjoyed everyone of them. Well, every game..

Haha

Me too.

Atelier

Mm, I do understand the bitterness. I would be well annoyed.

But let's leave it there.

Khris

Heh, a total of a meager 37 votes? That's pretty lame, forums!

Not to diminish the feelings of win but that's far from being representative.

mode7

Congrats Hedge, hilarious game and by far the best use of the theme. Maybe you could extend on the idea in the future.
And thanks to everyone else who participated. This was quite a ride indeed!

cianty

ca. 70% completed

Dualnames

Quote from: Khris on Thu 12/05/2011 22:09:37
Heh, a total of a meager 37 votes? That's pretty lame, forums!

Not to diminish the feelings of win but that's far from being representative.

Even when games were awesome (snakes of avalon, eternally us, space pool alpha, hardspace all being entries on that mags and all being nominees for the ags awards) the votes were quite on the low side.

18 Eternally Us
16 Snakes of Avalon

(I waited till the dif between them was bigger than one)

Which means that 37 votes make this MAGS a quite successful one.
And 7 entries is like 3rd best. Where Babar's Samarkand holds the trophy of pwning 8 people.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Matti

I have to admit that this was the first time I ever voted for a MAGS game because in the past I never got around to play all of them..

Hudders

Quote from: Matti on Fri 13/05/2011 15:25:26
I have to admit that this was the first time I ever voted for a MAGS game because in the past I never got around to play all of them..

Yeah, this is the second time I've ever voted. Last time was in 2009.

Rocco

Big concrats Hedge, 15 Minutes is the well deserved winner, and for me it was the most fun entry to play.
But wait, if I had't voted for you....  ;D, just kidding

Thanks to all participants for making such a strong and high quality competition.
This month was very hard, but also very productive for me,
and i have a base for an epic thief game now.  :D
Although i dont really know what the players liked and disliked in my game, cause theres not much feedback about it,
but anyway it was a great theme, a great competition, with a lot of funny and entertaining games,
so thanks to all they have played the games and voted and congrats to all other participants it was a pleasure to play all the entries this month.

WHAM

I think the games page needs to be changed so that the give feedback has a big animated .gif button, so people might notice it and use it. At the moment only a very select few games seem to get a lot of feedback and reviews, while most struggle to get even the five sets of votes requited to see an average score.  :(
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk