May MAGS

Started by Klaus, Mon 03/05/2004 08:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Quote from: Minimi on Thu 27/05/2004 13:13:30
OK, I decided to make it open source, to meet the rules, so I can enter the MAGS.

You earn my respect for that MinimiÃ,  :)
And the game is sweet too, love this ill-minded owl blackmailing the raven ;)

Rocco

I learned a lot from open source games, like Exile where i didnt copy one line of code exactly to my first AGS game, where the complete ags-source is also available at: http://www.virtual-illusion.com/
and which was the winner of last months competition.
The interesting thing about open source files is not to steal some codefragments
but rather get an overview how the things are connected and come together in an complete game.
my first idea was to make complete open rules, except that every designer must release there source files.
But i like robbery games since the days of "they stole a million" so i decide to combine them, which was afterwards a good idea, cause it seems that with the only open source rule, we didnt get one entry.
Thanks juncmodule i'm supporting the idea of an open source category.
Can't also understand why most of the people believe others take their ideas and make a millionseller with it ;).

Rocco

After playing both games, i have to say.

Thanks minimi for releasing the code, afterwards.
I like your game, its a very unusal idea and cool backgroundmusic.

Foz and Jaz: This is exactly the type of game, i had in mind as i make the rules.
Great atmosphere, great artwork and puzzles.
So im very disapointed that you dont want to give away the source, cause
I guess your game could be really very helpful for newbies, and not only for those.

Thanks for your games.  :)

foz

rocco:

I don`t intend to release open source for this............but will be uploading the Source for APOC VEL.....

I `m sure that newbies and oldies alike will be able to use it in some way.

Rocco

good idea, and funnily enough I played JamesBond right now, and i realize that it was based on 2ma2 open source game.
So i guess if 2ma2 didnt realeases the source for this platform-game,
James Bond never see the light of the world, or?
So it is good for the whole community when different open source projects are available,
this results in better games, as everyone must reinvent the wheel.

Minimi

Quote from: Rocco on Sun 30/05/2004 10:21:10
After playing both games, i have to say.

Thanks minimi for releasing the code, afterwards.
I like your game, its a very unusal idea and cool backgroundmusic.

hehe, I know it's a very unusual idea. That's me! I don't want to follow the crowd, so I try an original plot. I knew you ment a real robbery, but I don't like that because it's a cliche, and nothing new to the horizon ;) I though liked the game of Foz, and Jaz alot!

Mats Berglinn

Uh, May is over tomorrow so when will we get the winner announced?

Klaus

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Mon 31/05/2004 16:47:54
Uh, May is over tomorrow so when will we get the winner announced?
How about nowÃ,  :)

We had two nice entries this month and a big discussion about open source. In the end after a lot of votes the results were very close. Very, very close - just one voice in difference and I'm sure that on every two new votes now the winner would change from one entry to the other. According to this and having the aspects in mind that made this contest a little more difficult than earlier ones I say we have two winners this time!

So congratulations to both participants and thank you for the entertaining games and of course for the very helpful source codes of "Ralph the Raven" and (in advance) "Apocalypse Vel".

On June now there will be a special competition and for July there's also something "unusual" up to come. So Minimi, foz and jaz please wait for some rule settingÃ,  instructions that will soon reach you by PM. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk