November MAGS

Started by magintz, Fri 31/10/2003 18:35:57

Previous topic - Next topic

remixor

Quote from: Lucky on Wed 19/11/2003 08:26:19
Keep in mind that the deadline for MAGS competitions is the 25th of a month (at least most of the time).

Ohh... I guess I'm out then. Shame, I had a pretty nice idea.

Well, you can always just finish the game anyway.  You don't have to actually enter it in the competition.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Mats Berglinn

Wizardhood is nearly finished. I'm waiting for Belphegor to give one more music piece and then I'm going to upload it. I'm sure that it will appear here tonight. It's a shame that everyone else gives up so easily. It would be more exciting if they kept on working and finish their games.  :(

But I'm sure it will be better next month.

Ishmael

I'm working on a (very bad) game anyway, a whole difrent idea. I might just get it done... but prepare for me coming to ask for a day or two extra time so I can get everything finished and upload it... I'll need to draw a few more backgrounds, two characters, finish the GUIs and generally just put the game together... so I'm 80% sure I need some extra time...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Hinders

Good luck guys!*sniff* i really wish that i had time to finish my game....but next month...thou shall lose.... :-*
----

Inkoddi

HURRY UP!!!!1!!!11! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Klaus

Okay now. It's November, 24th - one day left to go... At the moment no entry for the competition is published yet. Anyway - how about starting the vote in 24 hours from now (see timestamp of this posting)..?

Ishmael

Yeah, whatever. My laptops powercord has got bust at some point, and I don't dare to use it too much to avoid fire... so no game... *sniff*

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Mats Berglinn

Here is my entry... WIZARDHOOD!!!  ;D

It's still missing a music piece but otherwise the game is fully function. I hope you will enjoy this magical game that have more than one spell and a surpising ending.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Wiz_zip.zip

It's too bad that the others gave up. Well, I guess it's the old Monkey Island quote "If there is only one candidate, there's only one choice.". It's a shame too since I wanted some challenge. At least I got my first game finished and it gained me experience for future projects.
Anyway, have fun playing and I'm thinking of updating the game with the missing music piece and maybe use voice actors.

Mr_Frisby

Mines almost done - It should be finished by tommorow
hopefully you will be a little forgiving -
I didn't start until the 12th and thort I had till the 30th.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Ishmael

It works after all... I might get my game done by, say, the 28th, but I cannot say for sure... But if you are kind enough to wait...  :-[

Klaus

So it looks like there are two more games to come: one by Mr_Frisby  and the second by TK. As this month the deadline wasn't clearly announced right at the beginning of the competition I think we can give some extra time. One additional day is no problem. The 28th caused some strange discussion in September, remember? Hm... I'd say: TK just hurry up and we'll wait for your entry. Of course the last word is on Magintz to decide but I think we can do it that way...

MrColossal

my game is coming...

figures my computer decideds to be a JERK! and stop working but it'll be here
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

magintz

I just set the date to the 27th as we only have 30 days this month. That allows 2 days for voting and 1 day for the winner to decide the rules.

Sorry guys, but try to get them in on time. If anyone wants the extra day please contact me and I'll se if I can do it.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

MrColossal

oh well, fuck it

my computer is really really really messed up and there's no way i can get a finished version of the game out...

so i'm boned and the game will just be a game now

eric

edit/eatit:

ok so i bought a new harddrive backed the shit up and now i'm working on it again, it'll be here as soon as possible which will be as early as i can make it which hopefully will be by the end of the night
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Mr_Frisby

Here's mine.  It has a heap of bug but it works. . .
If you have the snuff box anf it's empty use it on the IBLE other wise things are cool(that shouldn't even happen but if it foes you knoe wahat to do),
Also read the read Me.

http://www.geocities.com/monkey8myface/WNK.zip
RgtClk-SVeAs.

Timosity A- Geeze your up late (and quick)..
                        b-I'm tryin im tryin . .(Go Swanz!)

I'm downloading it now meself and it seems to be working..
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Mr_Frisby

Howz aboot now?

*I already found a plane bug and a squash bug-hopefully there fixed in WNK.ZIP*

hopefully it uploads now...

Timosity

Very nice Mr_Frisby, The animations are great, and the style and mood are awesome, All though the nature of the game is confusing I'm not sure if I'm stuck or it's a bug.

Spoiler
I'm on Godzilla's head for the  3rd time I've just come from the bedroom, after getting the slingshot & bible, I also have a doll and fingernail (I think) it took me to godzilla again, he falls off, you get a flash of the king kong scene again, it goes blank for some time, then you appear back at zombies and he falls off edge (automatically I think) then you're back at Godzillas head, it seems stuck in a loop there. when I pressed alt-x it was stuck in room 1, line 184
[close]

It is a very different game from what I've seen, and I'm sure there will be some great coments to come.

EDIT: I just noticed you uploaded a new version, I don't know if what I mentioned has anything to do with that, you'll have a better idea, if you understand my post.

EDIT2: I just had another go, and you may have fixed it:
Spoiler
I didn't start with the plane this time, so that may have been something to do with it
[close]

I will try again later as I need to sleep before work tomorrow.

~Tim

Elianto_guestmode

Mr_Frisby can you upload your game to another place since Geocities has reached its bandwidth limits???

:P

PureGhostGR

Mr_Frisby, great game!

The story is very good. I found the bedroom scene... brilliant.

I also liked the ending although I have a question about something:

Spoiler
Once I get to the ending part.. all I see is a black screen for a long time with a song playing in the background. Then I get to see the characters eyes e.t.c... Is that intentional or did something go wrong?
[close]

The game is sweet, although I almost got a heart attack the first time with the timer ticking... :D

report:

Spoiler
In the beginning I got the godzilla riddle sorted without making the custom doll head. I just left clicked on the eye and it solved it.. I had to restart to get it right
[close]

all in all a great great entry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk