Sprite Jam | 5 January - 19 January 2005

Started by Darth Mandarb, Thu 06/01/2005 23:47:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

I thought I'd try something different (from me) this time around ... meaning it won't be a character, but rather an object.

I was watching the Flintstones the other day and I like how they take things we use today, but make them from stone age stuff.Ã,  Like an elephant's trunk is the water faucet, or the creature under the sink is the disposal, etc.

Topic: Modern technology in the past

Take an existing piece of technology; cellphone, computer, automobile, television, etc. and create what it would look like if it had been invented 200 years (or more) ago.

Parameters: no bigger than 50x50
Colors: no more than 256

Animation is not required, but will work in your favore during the judging!

Keep in mind the technology doesn't have to work the way it does today ... the sprite just must represent something of modern technology.Ã,  The more imagination the better!

Good luck spriters!

Babar

The 1st pocket calculator!!

Seriously, when I get a better idea, I will edit this ;)
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

JimmyShelter

mousemat

Something that revolutionized(sp?) the world...

....A rock TV!! :D

(The JPG.Ness ruined it....)
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

Darth Mandarb

3 entries only?

I'm going to extend the deadline (unless anybody objects) in the hopes of getting a few more entries ...

viktor

well maybee it's becouse of the low resolution requrements. It's haerd to fit a car or an elephant in such a small size. I'll try my best and enter the contest...
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

viktor

signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Dart

Because you asked for more entries, here's another, albeit quickly drawn:

It's a cherry bomb, made with a real cherry! Oh, think of the possibilities...

Mr_Frisby

It's a medievil CD player.

You can play music on compact disc - Compacted vertibrae discs that is - Just like a xylamophone.

Too literal??

(ps. thats not jpeg conversion fuzz - it's visual amplification personification!)

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

DontTreadOnMe

Its not the greatest piece of art, but i thought the idea was too good to miss -
Prehistoric weapon of mass destruction

he he he, this is my first entry into one of these things, hope you like it.
Thanks - Rich
Seeing as I really shouldn't have to get up at such an ungodly hour as 7am, ill put my watch forward by 5 hours to make me feel better...

Darth Mandarb

I'm going with Mr_Frisby!

Congrabbatulations!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk