The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

By default NORTH is UP on the screen, but in the dining room NORTH is DOWN on the screen due to the placement of doors.
The current command is correct as the metal door is on the NORTH wall of the kitchen.

You are currently standing next to the door leading EAST into the dining room.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

TomatoesInTheHead

Okay, that one unorthodox room orientation confused me a lot :D

WHAM

I keep designing floorplans first and only then do I start sketching in any actual gameplay elements. Thus I frequently end up with doors in all bloody directions and as always, having doors at the bottom of the screen is really confusing and hard to portray logically, so I just decided to flip the room and mention that almost every time the room is mentioned.  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

-----

> Open door to N (with cue) and be prepared for another dead body

You spend several moments trying to get the door open using the pool cue. The attempt is quite unsuccessful, as the metal handle seems quite stiff and you just can't leverage it with the pool cue.

You decide to give up and open the door the boring way: with hands.
You take a deep breath, remembering that one scene on the tanker in Metal Gear Solid 2... wait, is that your memory or someone else's? Hmmm...

Anyway, you steel yourself and open the metal door.

You find yourself in a walk-in freezer, although it seems it is quickly melting at the moment, as evidenced by the profoundly ridiculous amounts of water pooling on the floor at the moment.

There are pale-blue storage boxes, probably for storing foodstuffs and frozen goods, scattered all over the floor and the metal shelves.

gameboy

selmiak

cat

Ponch

We need more hit points! Quick, let's eat a half-frozen hot pocket!  :D

WHAM

-----

> Open box. Food!

You open one of the light-blue boxes and peer inside.
The box appears to contain frozen Hot Pocket Pizza Minis. You feel your mouth water with expectation.

You steal a glance at the vent on the wall. It looks like you might fit through, but there are sturdy metal bars covering the vent.

Ponch

Pizza minis?! Precooked at the Hot Pockets factory and safe to eat!

> Eat pizza minis (regain hit points)

BlueAngel

>Eat and put some in your pocket for use later.

NsMn

> Feel room behind iron grate for items with queue

WHAM

-----

> Eat pizza minis (regain hit points)
> Eat and put some in your pocket for use later.

You scarf down several semi-forzen pizza mini's. They are crunchy and cold, but as they begin to melt in your mouth, you begin to enjoy the synthetic tastes. You also try with all your might to recover some health, but unfortunately all you manage to do is get you belly full. You pocket one of the single-packted bundles of "tasty" in your pocket. Your pockets are now bulging and you don't think you can fit anymore items in them without the use of exessive force.

> Feel room behind iron grate for items with queue

You poke the grill with the pool que, feeling around for any medikits or pistol ammo that might have been left lying around in the ventilation. You feel what seems to be a sturdy metal fan behind the bars, although it is not spinning at the moment.

cat

> move the shelves (as they seem to have wheels) and see if there is something behind.

Ponch

You can't regain hit points from eating raw food you find on the floor?!  :o  So all those nights I spent playing Duke Nukem II, Rise of the Triad, and Blake Stone during my tender, formative years filled my head with lies?!?

Also, he just look so happy eating that semi-thawed food! And have we considered putting a mini-pizza in his holster? They're just the right size. And if we meet any zombies or guard dogs, it would be nice to have some treats readily at hand.

WHAM

-----

> move the shelves

You try to move all of the shelves, but they move mere millimeters and the wheels make a horrible screeching noise. As far as you can see through the shelves, there are only more of the blue boxes on shelf 1, although you can't read any labels on them.

Ponch

This room is played out.

> Go EAST (right)

WHAM

ERROR: Unable to go EAST
Do you want to use the DOOR to the SOUTH?

I should really add a GUI element: a compass. Then again, I would always forget to update it and it would point all over the place, so maybe not...

Ponch

> See that door to the right? Go through that!  :P  :=

Also, why not hide a compass in the game. It will give us something to search for besides ineffective weapons and partially thawed food. ;)

WHAM

-----

> See that door to the right? Go through that!

Geez, no need to get hasty!

You follow the command of the anxious voice in your head and head back SOUTH, into the kitchen.
The water has begun forming a pool around the drain you entered the kitchen through earlier. No way all that water came from the freezer, though. Something seems to be flooding the sewers below!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk