The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Tabata

> check the functionality of the pistol and look for munition

Sane Co.

What about that big red button just sitting there waiting to be pressed?

WHAM

Quote from: Sane Co. on Tue 20/03/2012 18:13:46
What about that big red button just sitting there waiting to be pressed?

I'm trying to keep to my original "only the first command given applies" rule, but I seem to be slipping too. Then again I've missed quite a few updates, so you guys earned a big update. Commands for next turn will be:
> Take gun, check the functionality and look for munition
> LIST INVENTORY
> Press Big Red Button

After these I will try to return to the original "one command per day" routine and resume updates as usual.

I will also add to this that if a command different than the first one receives more votes (identical or similiar commands) before the next turn is posted, then it will override the first command. I will also override any ridiculously stupid and suicidal commands as before ;)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Tabata

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 20/03/2012 18:23:06
... I will also override any ... suicidal commands ...

If you promise to take care, I don't have anything against pressing the red button  ;D

WHAM

Suicidal ONLY if it should be obvious to the players. A good example was Icey's "wait for the water to rise and then swim", when the protagonist has clearly indicated his inability to swim earlier. I won't stop you from touching a live wire if you don't know it's live, though. ;) Experiment at will and remember: there are no saves, loads or retries. Death is perfectly possible in final.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Eric

Is the floor below us definitely submerged now? Might it be worth venturing back down briefly now that we have two more rooms we can access (with barcodes)?

Tabata

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 20/03/2012 18:40:10
Suicidal ONLY if it should be obvious to the players. ... I won't stop you from touching a live wire if you don't know it's live, though. ;)

sadist     

How obvious suicidal is pressing an unknown red button ???   

selmiak

oh there are keycards >_>
and there i thought the sbay has a fingerprint scanner. So I guess we won't need the thumbs by now. But if we throw them away a fingerprintscanner will appear elsewhere inside the sbay :P

Eric

Plus, now if we're seen being clumsy, we get to make crass jokes in dialogue with NPCs later in the game.

selmiak

...like: good idea, thumbs up! :D

WHAM

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 17/03/2012 23:52:08
You notice a small green panel next to the door, which seems to be powered and emits a light green glow, as if inviting you to touch it. You instinctively press your finger on the panel and are treated to a dull buzzing noise.

Yeah, actually, now that I look at that, it might have been a little confusing. I was TRYING to implicate that a finger was not the correct type of input in the first place, but looking back I might have messed up a bit. Oh well, these things happen. :D

Eric

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 20/03/2012 23:36:47
...like: good idea, thumbs up! :D

I was thinking more that you pull out the ziploc bag containing your severed trophies to say, "Excuse me, I seem to be all thumbs! HAHAHA! [watch as they back away nervously]."

WHAM

-----

> Take gun

You grab the PISTOL from the dead man's hand and check it's condition. The firearm seems to be in working condition, and identical to your old gun. It currently has five (5) bullets loaded inside, one in the chamber and four in the magazine. Inserting the PISTOL into your holster has forced you to vacate the rubber mallet from it. You place the mallet onto the table.

> List inventory

LEFT POCKET:
- A condom (lubricated)
- ID card (Newell)
- ID card (Klugman)

RIGHT POCKET:
- Keycard (S.Bay)
- Severed thumb (Klugman, bloody)
- Severed thumb (Unknown female, bloody)

HOLSTER:
- Pistol (5 bullets)

HANDS:
- Pool que (trusty)

You also have a third ID card for mr. "Brotherton" attached to your vest.

> Press Big Red Button

You turn around and give the big red button a friendly jab, hoping to provoke a response. The large monitor, that also appears to function as a touch screen judging by the stylus strapped to its side, comes to life and displays the following:

"EMERGENCY SYSTEM ENGAGED
BATTERY POWER ACTIVATED - CHARGE LEFT: 30~ minutes (ESTIMATED)
PLEASE SELECT ACTION:"

Below are three large buttons labelled:
"GENERAL ALARM"
"EVACUATION ALARM"
"SEAL CONNECT. TRAMWAY"

Below the third button is a slider which is set to "no delay". The other end reads "20 minut delay". It seems you can set the delay at one minute increments.

Eric

I still advocate returning to the multi-doored corridor downstairs, after looking at S.Bay (maybe additional cards there?), provided the water hasn't risen too much. We now have two personal quarters we can search, and WHAM hasn't been a jerk about making us walk through every screen!

We could also still >WEAR CONDOM, TAKE MALLET

Just saying....

Perhaps we should also switch out the keycard on our chest to one that looks even slightly more like us than the old bearded man. We have the same jawline as Klugman. Maybe we could fake our way through a situation later.

I'm not sure if the tramway is any of the areas indicated on this map:

WHAM

Quote from: Eric on Wed 21/03/2012 22:30:18
We could also still >WEAR CONDOM, TAKE MALLET

Is this a command or are we just discussing possibilities?
I would also like to point out that removing a condom from a pocket will not magically add more room for a mallet. :) No adventure-game pockets in this game, I'm afraid.

Ponch

> Swap vest ID with Klugman ID. Save condom for (sexy) emergency.

Eric

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 22/03/2012 07:33:33Is this a command or are we just discussing possibilities?

Oh, no! Sorry. Should have commented that one out. Just discussing possibilities.

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 22/03/2012 07:33:33No adventure-game pockets in this game, I'm afraid.

NOOOOOOOO!

Victor6

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 22/03/2012 15:50:48
... Save condom for (sexy) emergency.

Are you implying that the dead woman isn't sexy enough? Eric's been trying to get 'WEAR CONDOM' to work since we came in here.

- Sorry Eric.

Eric

Quote from: Victor6 on Thu 22/03/2012 16:34:50Are you implying that the dead woman isn't sexy enough?

You know what they say about assumptions. They make an ass out of you, me, and the dead woman, when it's actually Klugman I've had my eye on all along. I can't help it -- it's the ponytail.

Besides, the woman is covered in vomit. I do have my standards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk