The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

-----

> Swap vest ID with Klugman ID. Save condom for (sexy) emergency.

You completely ignore the dull computer monitor and instead swap the ID attached to your vest to one belonging to the deceased Klugman, hoping that you might be able to pass for him if push comes to shove. However your comparatively pale complexion and darker hair and distinct lack of a cool ponytail might hinder any such attempt.

You ponder for a moment about what to do with the condom in your pocket and whether or not you should protect yourself from... what? You have no idea and you push the thought aside as utterly silly and ridiculous.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Eric

Quote from: WHAM link=topic=44156.msg612544#msg612544However your...darker hair and distinct lack of a cool ponytail might hinder any such attempt.

This poor man has already had his thumb cut off, and now you want us to scalp him too? How horrific!

WHAM

-----

You doze off for a bit, as nothing much seems to be happening. It's not like there are life and death decisions to be made any time soon...
Perhaps you are dreaming of having a bitchin' ponytail?

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Tabata

Nobody out there with propper english, who understands?   :o

There is something about the 30 min. energy, that is left to power the things and can't we use evacuation alarm to open the doors (at the scanner for example) and what is this about connecting the tramway? We have power for 30 minutes now (or is it only for the computer?) and the delay-button seems to be interesting, too?

Will we sleep the 30 minutes and hit the red button for nothing, but a nap ???

Ponch

WHAM

-----

> Examine monitor

You snap back to wakefulness and examine the only active monitor in sight again.
The large monitor, that also appears to function as a touch screen judging by the stylus strapped to its side, is displaying the following:

"EMERGENCY SYSTEM ENGAGED
BATTERY POWER ACTIVATED - CHARGE LEFT: 29~ minutes (ESTIMATED)
PLEASE SELECT ACTION:"

Below are three large buttons labelled:
"GENERAL ALARM"
"EVACUATION ALARM"
"SEAL CONNECT. TRAMWAY"

Below the third button is a slider which is set to "no delay". The other end reads "19 minute delay". It seems you can set the delay at one minute increments.

Eric

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 25/03/2012 15:03:37can't we use evacuation alarm to open the doors

Well, I figure everyone else already knows to try to get out, but pushing "Evacuation Alarm" seems like a nice thing to do, in case anyone is napping somewhere, and not getting shot yet. If it also unlocked all of the doors, that would be a nice side effect.

However, it might also reveal our location to whomever just shot these two folks.

Ponch

Quote from: Eric on Sun 25/03/2012 20:41:49
Quote from: Tabata on Sun 25/03/2012 15:03:37can't we use evacuation alarm to open the doors

Well, I figure everyone else already knows to try to get out, but pushing "Evacuation Alarm" seems like a nice thing to do, in case anyone is napping somewhere, and not getting shot yet. If it also unlocked all of the doors, that would be a nice side effect.

However, it might also reveal our location to whomever just shot these two folks.

Well, make a command, Eric. I already had a turn.  ;)

Armageddon

Haven't check this in awhile. This guy is still alive? ??? He should be a cripple by now!

WHAM

Quote from: Armageddon on Wed 28/03/2012 04:51:39
Haven't check this in awhile. This guy is still alive? ??? He should be a cripple by now!

Oh he's a resilient little fellow, although he has had a bad habit of discharging his stomach contents regularly... But for that I blame you players! :D

Armageddon

I wish he had a bad habit of undoing dead women's tops. :=

WHAM

Quote from: Armageddon on Wed 28/03/2012 11:05:22
I wish he had a bad habit of undoing dead women's tops. :=

Well, this IS a freeform adventure game. If you REALLY want to see pixellated boobies, feel free to spend a turn on that. ;) Besides, doing THAT is better than doing NOTHING, which will result in another missed turn soon, people. If there isn't any discussion about new actions and no new commands get posted, I will eventually do a timeskip and the game will end one way or the other, so we can get this story to it's end. :)

Eric

>PUSH EVACUATION ALARM, LEAVE, DOWN, USE KEYCARD WITH S.BAY, (ENTER?)

WHAM

Quote from: Eric on Wed 28/03/2012 13:26:51

As per my original intention of having only one simple daily action, I will probably shorten this to just "> PUSH EVACUATION ALARM". The trouble with these multi-part commands is that you can't react to something an earlier command might do, or if something unexpected happens along the way.

I hope this is okay with you Eric, you can change the command if you want, I'll post an update in a few hours from now. I should probably add some "rule" clarifications too to make playing easier. I guess most people are not going to read the first post anymore :)

WHAM

-----

> USE "EVACUATION ALARM"

You move up to the monitor and poke your finger at the button labelled "EVACUATION ALARM". The button changes colour.
There is a few seconds of delay before the shrill beeping sound, combined with a more distant klaxon, begin to fill the air. After a distinct alarm the sound stops for a moment and you can hear what you believe to be an automated system speaking up in a calm female voice.

Voice: "Green sector - Dome - Evacuation alarm issued - Please remain calm and move to your designated evacuation zone for immediate relocation - For more instructions, contact your shift manager.
Current shift manager is..."

The voice halts for a second.

Voice: "Please use the tramway headed for the main facility. If the tramway is inoperable, please enter the submersible bay immediately, and board the emergency submersible.
Please, remain calm."

As the voice falls silent once more, the alarms begin to repeat the cycle.

Eric

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 28/03/2012 13:48:16
Quote from: Eric on Wed 28/03/2012 13:26:51

As per my original intention of having only one simple daily action, I will probably shorten this to just "> PUSH EVACUATION ALARM".

Fine by me! I thought I'd give you some extra commands since you seemed to be eager to move things along!

WHAM

No worries. I originally hoped to keep up enough interest to get 1 post per day moving on but I guess I was overestimating myself a bit. :)
Carry on.

Eric

Honestly, I was hesitant to issue any commands, because I haven't participated in the previous 30 pages of play, and didn't want to rudely jump in upsetting the boat. So I thought I'd make suggestions and see whether others agreed, but I think that might be too passive.

I'm really fascinated with the mechanics of storytelling you've got going on here. And happy to see Slender Man make a cameo -- a chapter of my dissertation is about him (and the community that created/is creating him). I'm also scared of the possibility of death, because it seems like there'd be no replay available, and you've created a compelling set of circumstances suggesting a narrative that I want to see through to the end.

WHAM

No worries, I'm appending the first post with instructions for new players. As long as the player bothers to read the last few pages, anyone is welcome to play, and I will prune any incredibly stupid and suicidal entries automatically. Notice Icey's post about high potions, for example! This game is QUITE flexible! :D

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 28/03/2012 22:12:13
This game is QUITE flexible! :D

> as the broadcast suggests, remain CALM until ZEN MODE (which brings ENLIGHTENMENT) kicks in.

(Seriously, the guy needs a breather!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk