The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

I think the woman might have a secret puzzle solution hidden on her stomach. :-X

WHAM

I'm starting to see a pattern emerging in Ghost's commands!  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 29/03/2012 09:25:48
I'm starting to see a pattern emerging in Ghost's commands!  ;D
Well, we *may* be able to escape by falling skywards, right?

Sorry, let's get back on track ;)

Victor6

I vote to just pick up where Eric's commands left off;-

>LEAVE

Traditionally this would be the point that dead chick gets up all hungry for hyper-thalamus, although she might wait until you've been into the hallway and run back into the room from the zombies out there.

WHAM

Two votes for "LEAVE" and one for "REST". "LEAVE" wins.

-----

> Leave room

You think about taking a nap or something, but the images of ghostly fish haunt you and you would hate to repeat past events. Instead, you decide to follow the orders of the automated message and take your leave of the room. You arrive back in the staircase and as you begin to step onto the stairs you can see a familiar face exiting the storage area.

Bald man: "Oh hell, it's you again... Don't freak out on me, I've got a gun and... and I'm not afraid to... -to use it!"

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Ponch

> Say "Hello again, buddy. Heck of a day, huh? Good to see you're still alive. Wanna join me and my trusty pool cue as we escape this death trap?"

WHAM

> Say "Hello again, buddy. Heck of a day, huh? Good to see you're still alive. Wanna join me and my trusty pool cue as we escape this death trap?"

You eye the man and speak up despite the loud alarm currently going off around you.

You: "Hello again, buddy"

The bald man nods cautiously, then shakes his head sternly.

You: "Heck of a day, huh?"

The bald man shakes his head more, and shrugs, pointing a finger at his ear.

You: "Good to see you're still alive. Wanna join me and my trusty pool cue as we escape this death trap?"

The bald man facepalms and then quickly tries to gesture a card-swiping motion and points furiously at the stairs leading down.

Tabata

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 30/03/2012 20:57:00
The bald man facepalms and then quickly tries to gesture a card-swiping motion and points furiously at the stairs leading down.

I take this as a "Yes" and while showing one of the ID-cards in his direction

> say "Okay then - together we can make it! Let's leave this unpleasant place and start with entering the S.BAY!"

>  go down and open door to S.BAY by using id-card(s)

WHAM

> Say "Okay then - together we can make it! Let's leave this unpleasant place and start with entering the S.BAY!"
> Go down and open door to S.BAY by using id-card(s)

You: "Okay then - together we can make it! Let's leave this unpleasant place and start with entering the S.BAY!"

The bald man appears confused. He obviously cannot make out your words over the alarms going off around you.

Oblivious to the fact that the mans can't hear you, you brandiss your set of three (3) ID-cards and rush to the large door at the bottom floor. You apply all three ID-cards one by one at the reader panel, but none seem to get any kind of response from the reader. You are pretty sure you've tried this before. The bald man looks at you, shaking his head in desperation, his eyes darting around, apparently trying to find something or figure something out.

Tabata

*grmbl*
Since the evacuate-alarmâ€"mode is on
...  it maybe unlocked now?

> push/pull door-handle to open this (damn) door

Ponch

We may need to shut the alarm off if we're going to have a conversation with our nervous friend.  :-X

Tabata

If you have any idea how to deal with it, just post the command and I'll delete mine, so that “the game” has no other choice

(I still have my trouble in understanding the commands from earlier and why we don't need activating the delay â€" but that's why I cried for help of someone with better english knowledge ;))

WHAM

Just this once I will give you guys a hint, if you want it:

Spoiler
Read the last two pages REALLY CAREFULLY. Especially Tabata's last command and the game's response to it. It might just save you quite a bit of time. ;)
[close]

Victor6

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 31/03/2012 15:23:12
Since the evacuate-alarmâ€"mode is on
...  it maybe unlocked now?

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 28/03/2012 18:04:29
Voice: "Please use the tramway headed for the main facility. If the tramway is inoperable, please enter the submersible bay immediately, and board the emergency submersible.

Depending on how you read the alarm message;- The next step is to use the tramway, IF that's a no-go (i.e. you sealed it on the computer), then it would be the S.bay.

Eric

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 31/03/2012 14:59:06
> Go down and open door to S.BAY by using id-card(s)
Oblivious to the fact that the mans can't hear you, you brandis your set of three (3) ID-cards

(Emphasis mine)

WHAM / the game might also be arguing semantics with us. Because it's not the ID card we need to use, but the S.Bay keycard. We're explicitly seeing that we used three ID cards here, but that wouldn't include the separate key card.

But then, if that's the case, we could argue semantics back at him/it. Because him/it says (again, emphasis mine):

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 31/03/2012 14:59:06You apply all three keycards

Just in case, I'm pulling an audible:

>USE S.BAY KEYCARD ON S.BAY DOOR

Oh, and:

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 31/03/2012 14:59:06you brandis your set

I choose to believe this wasn't a typo and that WHAM has tricked us into playing a Seaquest DSV fangame.

WHAM

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 31/03/2012 14:59:06You apply all three keycards

Oh fuck, did I type that? I did, didn't I...

Quote from: Eric on Sat 31/03/2012 21:19:58

Well spotted Eric, you just saved our dear hero a huge fuss, as shit was about to hit the fan on the human relations front once more.
Also: GOD DAMNIT I LOVED SEAQUEST DSV AS A KID!!! :D You have no idea how much nostalgia you just brought to surface and how I just realized this basically IS a SeaQuest DSV fangame! I'll fix the "brandish" typo just to make this thread a little less confusing for future viewers.

WHAM

> USE S.BAY KEYCARD ON S.BAY DOOR

You realize your mistake and pull out the S.BAY KEYCARD from you pocket and swipe it at the green panel next to the door. The panel flashes green and lets out an audible beep. You feel a vibration emanating from the door. The bald man, who was just about to raise his weapon, quickly tucks the pistol into his pocket (he can do that as he doesn't have a holster for it) and rushes to pull the heavy metal door open.

It's fairly dark inside, but you think you can just make out the outline of a corridor behind the door. The bald man hurriedly motions for you to enter first.

Tabata

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 01/04/2012 00:24:03
Quote from: Eric on Sat 31/03/2012 21:19:58

Well spotted Eric, you just saved our dear hero a huge fuss

Eric, you're cool!

Frodo

There's been so much hassle to get that door open.  Why stop now?   ;)

> Enter corridor

WHAM

> Enter corridor

You step through the door, and the bald man follows suite.
You find yourself in a dark corridor that seems to extend for a good distance. There appears to be some sort of map for the area painted on the wall. The sounds of the alarms does not seem to extend here, and you can only hear them as a distant echo from beyond the metal door.

Bald man: "God, I haven't been down here since... since the bay two accident." He takes pause, looking around apprehensively, before looking at you.
Bald man: "I... uh... I take it it was you doing the shooting up there?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk