The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk

>check the center panel with the green light.

Frodo

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 09/09/2012 12:23:57
> check O2 level on emma's bottle and if the mask sits tight on her and there are no leaks or other malfunctions

+1
We SHOULD check she has enough oxygen left  :smile:

WHAM

> Check O2 level on Emma's bottle and if the mask sits tight on her and there are no leaks or other malfunctions

You stoop down to check the oxygen bottle on Emma's lap. It appears to be almost full and the air appears to be flowing normally. You can hear Emma's breathing.
She appears to be asleep.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

cat

Maybe we should wake her up gently and ask her what we are supposed to do?

NightHawk

>Check to see if the radio picks up anyone.

Crimson Wizard

Out of curiosity, WHAM, did you have this story planned through from the very beginning or you continiously invent it?
Also are there any plans for making an actual computer game of this?

WHAM

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 13/09/2012 23:08:09
Out of curiosity, WHAM, did you have this story planned through from the very beginning or you continiously invent it?
Also are there any plans for making an actual computer game of this?

For starters: sorry for being so slow on updates lately, I've been real busy at work and I've gotten addicted to playing Dark Souls... again...

To answer your questions:
No, I didn't really plan the story beforehand, and all events have been made up on the fly, and are being made up on the fly. However, for example, when I decided that the players need to find more fuses, I DID write down precise location(s) as to where the extra fuses were, so I couldn't cheat myself and the players by moving them around in my mind.

I do not have a plan to make a full-on game about this, but I have though of making an animation with AGS, in which you can watch each chapter as an animated, voice-acted and sound-effect -laden sprite animation. However, for this I would probably need quite a bit of help. A game is not out of the question either, but that might be problematic due to the open-endedness of the game. Such a game would become too restrictive and not feel true to this game.

I'll be at a work-related event all night tonight, so an update will be up on saturday.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

WHAM

> Check to see if the radio picks up anyone.

You grab the radio off the panel on the wall, and press the "SEND" -button on it.

You: "Hello, anybody there?"

You release the SEND -button and listen, but there is no response. You notice a channel selector on the wall panel, with the following settings:
3-A
3-B
6-A
6-B

You flick the selector through all five settigns and have a listen. None of the channels seem to be transmitting, and channels 3-A and 3-B emit a crackling static, possibly a sign of some kind of malfunction.

NightHawk

>Go to the maintenance room and take the remaining fuses.

WHAM

> Go to the maintenance room and take the remaining fuses.

The radio seems like such a confusing device, that you choose to ignore it for now and instead head back downstairs and into the maintenance room, where you fill your pockets with fuses.

NightHawk

>Replace as many of the burn fuses as we can with the fuses in the box and the ones in our pocket.

WHAM

Quote from: NightHawk on Thu 20/09/2012 22:42:41
>Replace as many of the burn fuses as we can with the fuses in the box and the ones in our pocket.

Do you want to replace ALL known missing / burnt-out fuses, or just the ones in this room?

NightHawk

Just the ones shown in this rooms fuse box.

WHAM

> Replace as many of the burn fuses in this room as we can with the fuses in the box and the ones in our pocket.

You begin to replace the burnt-out fuses with fresh ones from the box. As you do so, you can feel a steady hum of machinery behing the wall, and you can feel air flowing from the vent above the fuse box.
However, as you take a whiff of the air flowing in, you cough and quickly replace your oxygen mask. There is little to no oxygen coming out of the vent, and your best guess is that the poisonous co2 is simply being circulated back and forth by the machinery with no fresh air being supplied. You wonder how to remedy this situation...

cat

> Examine labels above the levers

Maybe the rightmost one is the oxygen supply?

WHAM

As I am too lazy to draw up a new pic for this, check out the description here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44156.msg620590#msg620590

NightHawk

>Use blue-tack to insulate the screwdriver  and then use the insulated screwdriver to open the second fuse box.

Frodo

Quote from: NightHawk on Mon 24/09/2012 01:12:01
>Use blue-tack to insulate the screwdriver  and then use the insulated screwdriver to open the second fuse box.

But... that will ruin the smiley blu-tac face   :tongue:

NightHawk

we can make it again after we don't get electrocuted  :wink:

WHAM

> Use blue-tack to insulate the screwdriver  and then use the insulated screwdriver to open the second fuse box.

With a heavy heart you ruin your precious work of blu-tack art, and mould it into a thin layer of insulation around the handle of the screwdriver in your pocket. Wielding this completely safe and not at all jury-rigged tool you prepare to open the second fuse box.

The door opens and you can feel a jolt running through your arm. You make a calm and collected retreat from the fuse box as it's door flies open with a loud cracking sound. The remains of several blackened fuses clatter onto the floor. On a more positive note, at least there the electric fizzling sounds have now ceased.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk