Background Blitz - Voting starts September 4th

Started by Opo Terser, Tue 23/08/2005 22:10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuomas

Stefano... the nude picture was most impressing in this one. And everything else

Ubel

I vote for loominous. That might not work as a bg in an adventure game very well, but darn it looks good!

Fine Artist

Whoo Hoo!Ã,  I got a vote!Ã,  Thanks.

loominous

I'm not sure where the skepsis about whether my background would work in a game comes from, but I added a testsprite to see how it could look and it seems ok to me:

Image at its original 640x400 res with a character (around 50 kb)
Looking for a writer

Darth Mandarb

loom - please make a game.

My vote is for loominous!

Neutron

i wasn't reffering to anyone specifically with my comment.Ã,  it is a trend that i have observed for some time.Ã,  many of these backgrounds don't seem to have alot of room for sprites, or to move about in.Ã,  this is my standard though, and i don't expect all participants to feel the same way, or for they who cast their votes to vote on anything other than what happens to suit their fancy.Ã,  such is the way with voting.

ildu

Loominous gets my vote as well. Isn't it time you wrote up a tutorial, Loom?

voh

Still here.

skw

a.k.a. johnnyspade

Snarky

The background by loominous is technically very good, but for whatever reason it doesn't make me want to play the (hypothetical) game.

I vote Stefano.

Nacho

NOTE: I see Loominous' bg perfectly effective as a BG :). But this time I like most other ones.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

TheYak

Quote from: loominous on Tue 06/09/2005 22:59:19
I'm not sure where the skepsis about whether my background would work in a game comes from, but I added a testsprite to see how it could look and it seems ok to me:
[Not necessarily correct judgement, but my "vibe" from it:]

My statement was less that it wasn't possible and more than it didn't seem conducive to a background.  It says less "saloon" to me and more abandoned room.  Maybe it's the moose head but the overall feeling is more of a small club (like a poker joint) like a moose lodge or something.  It seems claustrophobic and too intimate for chaotic drunkeness.   The low contrast and low brightness also mean that objects you placed in the room would either be out of place or difficult to see. 

If this were a cutscene wherein a bounty hunter hears about his prey from a barkeep closing up shop, then I take it all back - it'd be perfect.

Floskfinger

I vote Loominous.
It's a really great BG and I do not see any problem with it as a adventure game background.
Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

Paper Carnival

I prefer Neutron's background. I vote for Neutron

Stefano

I think loominous' BG is the coolest. Really dramatically illuminated and all.
I would vote for his BG (if that'd possible, as I'm a contestant). I can't see why it couldn't be on a game.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Neutron

loominous i think you can safely make with the new topic.  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk