Horse Park - riding school management game - ENGLISH TRANSLATION available !

Started by Marion, Fri 22/08/2008 21:01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

Hi everyone.
I'm pleased to present you my first management game made with AGS.

You must manage a riding school : buy horses, train them and the riders to make them better, play compets and win them to become more popular !
It's in french but an english translation will be soon available.

All graphics made by me. Music by Kevin McLeod.
English translation by BoneHead.

=> download HORSE PARK - 25 Mo

radiowaves

Woho, looks cool! Decent graphics, nice to look at.

But its one of the weirdest idea for managment game, heh. You could do a management game for everything :P
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Marion

I like horses and I like riding ^^
I wanted to make an horse game. And I wanted to try to make a management game with AGS. So... :)

Ghost

Hand-shake! Nice to see AGS creatively abused (seems to become a trend  ;D ). I'm no great fan of management games, but of your graphics style, so I had to give it a go- really nice concept! Okay- I have to guess most of the times what a button does, but patience is the key  ;)

Marion

I hope to be able to add the english translation soon :)

olafmoriarty

Looks fun based on the screenshots. I promise to try it when the English translation is out -- my French is a wee bit rusty.

Lufia

I'm quite bad at management games and while I like riding once in a while I really prefer horses in steak form with a bit of garlic on top.

The art is gorgeous and the game mechanics seem to work just fine. The music sounds fine at first but quickly got on my nerves.

Isn't the time passing a bit too fast, though? I tried my best, but it seems you never have the time to actually do anything, what with the days flying by that quickly. I went bankrupt in no time. But then I go bankrupt in no time in all the management games I try, so maybe it's me.
I mean, by the time you finish cleaning the boxes, you have to start over. The time it takes you to compete in whatever contest is enough time for your resources to get cut in half. That just doesn't seem right to me.

For short, I didn't like the game but that doesn't mean it's bad. Just that it's really not my thing.

gypsysnail

Marion what an excellent looking game!!! I also love horses and riding them, having been riding for 20+ years, so I will be downloading the game this week!!! Excited!

Ghost - I agree with you, the abuse of mediums is a positive thing :) The same thing with abuse of paint and drawing materials creates art that is different, original. I have never seen a management type game made in AGS either so this is an exciting new side to AGS - the possibilities are endless!
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Stupot

This looks pretty neat... I'm personally not a massive fan of horse-riding or management games, and my French needs a little je ne sais quoi, so I won't be downloading at this juncture.  But I just wanted to throw my 2 centimes in and say it looks gorgeous.

Ultra Magnus

I love horses. They're my friends.

The graphics look great, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Marion.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Akatosh

He he, Club Truc.

I think I might speak just barely enough french to get a vague idea of what the game is trying to tell me, but I'd much rather wait for the english translation. Looks interesting so far, though!

Marion

Thank you everyone :)
The game is not very hard when you got the way.
The english translation will be available in some days.

bicilotti

Awesome! I don't know a word of french and I'm having a good time with it! Handshake Marion and let us know when an english translation comes available!

Marion

Thank you bicilotti :)
The english translation is now available !
Sorry but only the text is translated, not the pictures. I hope you will be able to play anyway.

bicilotti

Quote from: Marion on Fri 29/08/2008 20:24:53
Thank you bicilotti :)
The english translation is now available !
Sorry but only the text is translated, not the pictures. I hope you will be able to play anyway.

Weeeeeeeeee!!! That was *fast* :D I'm downloading it now; thanks again!

edit: a video too? Amazing!

Marion

Yes, I've added a short introduction video, made with "The Movies" :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk