Adventure: The Inside Job

Started by Akril15, Tue 28/10/2008 09:37:38

Previous topic - Next topic

linus

What a great and wonderful game you have created!

The game truly makes you realize the place many of these classic games have taken in one's heart, no matter how things have changed, how much time has passed and independently of the perception of the majority of the "outside world" that does not even know about them. And yet, you feel connected to people around the globe who care the same way about these games and were influenced by them one way or the other. Almost jerked a tear from me ;)

I also found the execution of your brilliant idea to be remarkably good - loads of really smooth hi- (and lo-)res animations, really good facial expressions on your own characters, unintrusive blending of drastically different graphical styles and resolutions, and fun dialogs loaded with inside jokes.

To sum it up: Thank you for this gem! Might I ask if you already have plans for another game?

Akril15

Thank you very much, linus (and you're welcome!)!

Regarding a sequel, I've already started coming up with a few ideas. It will be a long time before I've got a solid plot worked out, but fairly certain that I'll be coming out with a sequel one of these years.

Storygamer

Best game I've played in a long time.  I especially enjoyed that you threw in the "Squirrel with the Power" parody of "Girl in the Tower".  Is the parody really by Sierra too?  I always assumed it was fan-made.

Anyway, fantastic game!

Mordalles

wow, really great game. i love the concept of the main character and her job, and i love how you did a different sprite for each resolution, and some really great animation for the main character. thanks, enjoyed it a lot.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Akril15

Quote from: Storygamer on Mon 03/11/2008 19:59:57
Best game I've played in a long time.  I especially enjoyed that you threw in the "Squirrel with the Power" parody of "Girl in the Tower".  Is the parody really by Sierra too?  I always assumed it was fan-made.
Thanks! I think SWTP was made by Sierra, and it was originally downloadable from their website in the late 90s.

Quote from: Mordalles on Mon 03/11/2008 20:05:10
wow, really great game. i love the concept of the main character and her job, and i love how you did a different sprite for each resolution, and some really great animation for the main character. thanks, enjoyed it a lot.
Thank you! :)

blueskirt

I just finished your game. It was very linear and it would have been fun to explore more rooms in the different games and interract a bit more during the assignments, but for that suicidal dwarf, for the great animations, for the best use of ripped sprites and backgrounds I ever seen, like ever, and a story that will forever change the way I see adventure games characters and worlds, I use cosmic rays to grow a third arm and I give you a triple thumbs up! Keep up the good work! :D

qptain Nemo

Wow. Have just finished it and I must say that it's surprisingly good. You did a great and truly nostalgic tribute to the classic adventures without any 'rip-off' feeling indeed. All of the stylizations were really nice (especially Joey's SPEECH made me smile pleasantly) as much as cool jokes and stuff based on transitions between different games and resolutions. Great job with the cancelled games and the secret unused stuff in classics research. And the number of mentioned adventure games not all of which are too popular is really inspiring. I liked Thalia's character, and her comments were in style too. A good creative plot with a touching end and all these talks about the adventure genre... man, you've just left an another uneraseable nostalgic scratch on my heart, and strangely enough I thank you a lot for that, Akril. That was inspiring. :)

Revonx

Just completed the game, very impressive and was a thousand times better than what I thought it would be. It really pays a homage to all adventure games. Noticed a minor bug in the room with the zebra like rug: there were problems with the walk-behind in the door on the right, just though I'd bring it  to your intentions.

Regards,
Revonx.

Akril15

Quote from: captain Nemo on Sat 20/12/2008 06:54:09A good creative plot with a touching end and all these talks about the adventure genre... man, you've just left an another uneraseable nostalgic scratch on my heart, and strangely enough I thank you a lot for that, Akril. That was inspiring. :)
You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote from: Revonx on Mon 22/12/2008 14:39:49Just completed the game, very impressive and was a thousand times better than what I thought it would be. It really pays a homage to all adventure games. Noticed a minor bug in the room with the zebra like rug: there were problems with the walk-behind in the door on the right, just though I'd bring it  to your intentions.
Thanks! (Nuts, I just uploaded another corrected version. Looks like it's time to upload another.)

DoUn2u

This game was great! I think you did a great job with the dialogue of all the characters, I really got involved in the story. Thanks so much, I really enjoyed playing :)
The road to hell is paved with adjectives.

Nostradamus

Brilliant game!!
Such a creative original idea!  Loved every second of it. Every twist in the plot.. evey reference... every inside joke... Very well done!!
I really ope there will be sequels. I mean the possibilities are endless with this concept.
In a sequel I would like to see rooms for more games being involved in each task. In this game there were 3 per task. In a sequel maybe you can design travelling between more rooms where doing something in Room A allows you to do something in Room D which allows to do something in Room B which allows to do something in room F.. you get the point.. something like in Ben There, Done That.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk