Bestowers of Eternity

Started by Dave Gilbert, Sat 04/10/2003 23:38:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Hello everyone!

After a year of on-and-off production, part one of "Bestowers of Eternity" is ready for public consumption.

Get it here:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=304

SYNOPSIS:
Rosangela Blackwell is young writer who lives a solitary life in New York City.  The death of her only relative inspires her to seek the truth behind her haunted past.

SCREENIES:

(edit: Thanks to OTG for the nifty banner)

Kweepa

Congratulations Dave!

Great writing, mysterious plot, a touch of humour, and some "doh! of course" puzzles.
Highly recommended.

My only complaint is that it's just part one!

Download and enjoy,
Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

fidodido

Just downloaded and started playing.

So far it looks very good. I like the interface - very simple and easy to use. The rooms are very nicely drawn. The story is very good and mysterious.

I will write more when I progress.

BTW, the music in the library is also in my game, "Conspiracy of Songo" in the hotel. I bet you borrowed it from Bjorn Lynne's web site, right?

Pet Terry

Teh coolest thing on the block! Downloading right away!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

JD

Really nice game Dave! It has great atmosphere, great graphics and awe music. Like the part where you're reading the letters; the creepy music in the backgrounds made it very eery :) I'm off to play it some more!

Minimi

Wow!! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!! Really nice graphics and a GREAT story! I'm at the moment at the beginning of Day2, so I just began at the adventure, but I now already like it alot!!

I just found one little spelling fault, you might want to fix. While you are talking to the psychologist or something at Day1, he says at a certain dialog "100 Percect", and I think this should be "100 Percent" ;)

Again very very nice game. I hope you release more of the game soon!

evilspacefart

Ooh ooh ooh!
Gonna download!

Hobbes

Great game!

Have yet to finish it, though, am puttering away in Day 2. I love the dialogs! They really help to bring the characters alive.

Also, was the high diction that the doctor used intentional? I noticed how his speech was subtly different from that Rosa and the others spoke.

Vel

Oh great!
A game that might steal the ags awards I had hoped to win with my secret project.
Seriously though, a great game.

adam100

I'm stuck in day 2.I spoke to the psychiastric,indian women,looked on all the topics at the library,took the whistle.Anyone know what to do now?

subzero2o

Great Game, the music is great, it really fits with the mood of the game.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: fidodido on Sun 05/10/2003 02:44:27
I bet you borrowed it from Bjorn Lynne's web site, right?

Well spotted, Fididido.  :)  Just about all the music is borrowed from Mr. Lynne.  The theme music and the "Rosa's apartment" music were made by our very own Archangel.

I just found one little spelling fault, you might want to fix. While you are talking to the psychologist or something at Day1, he says at a certain dialog "100 Percect", and I think this should be "100 Percent"

Err... ummm... Joey did it!  Yeah, that's it.  Damn ghosts...

Hobbes

Darnit. I made this edit to my post right after you posted, so I'd better post it loose, before you forget I asked. :)

Was the high diction that the doctor used intentional? I noticed how his speech was subtly different from that Rosa and the others spoke. More... academic.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Hobbes on Sun 05/10/2003 19:09:23
Darnit. I made this edit to my post right after you posted, so I'd better post it loose, before you forget I asked. :)

Was the high diction that the doctor used intentional? I noticed how his speech was subtly different from that Rosa and the others spoke. More... academic.

Yep.  I tried to give everyone their own style of talking.  The doc is very academic and professional.    

lspace

Are there voices in this game.  All I hear is music.

And I am stuck on day 2.

Spoiler
I've cleaned the whistle and used it on the dog.  got the lemon, library book, envelope with papers/photo.  Now what?
[close]

adam100

Spoiler
You must search the files in doctors cabinet and your stopper might be useful for that...
[close]

adam100

I've just ended part 1.It was great.When are you going to release part 2?

lspace

Thanks.  I figured out what to do next.

minataure

Great game! I'd like some help though.
Spoiler
I've search the doctor's files and used the whistle on the dog but I don't know what to do when the artist walks towards the dog, or with what I've found in the files.
[close]

Kweepa

I'm just surprised there isn't a florist in Manhattan :)
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk