King's Quest III Released!

Started by Sinister, Mon 19/06/2006 01:31:38

Previous topic - Next topic

R4L

http://gfw.1up.com/

Go to reviews and look for KQIII.

EDIT: Ok, I couldn't find it there, but I swear that it was in the magazine. Here is some of the content:

GFW's Verdict:

+ A fun strip down memory lane for Sierra diehards.
- Newcomers might balk at the simple story, short length, and hokey voiceover work.

Review: (not full review)

Fan-crafted remakes arguably trump retail products when it comes to keeping the adventure game genre alive; recent projects like Kings Quest II+ and Maniac Mansion Deluxe certainly outshine 90 percent of the soulless adventures that actually make it onto shelves. The newest free rehash to hit the Web, the Infamous Adventures group's King's Quest III (a remake of Sierra's 1986 gem), pays suitable tribute to the original...and has plenty of fun with its source material in the process.

thewalrus

It's really great to see that our community actually IS keeping the adventure game genre alive and kicking! It makes me really happy to know that everyone who puts there hard work in to making (and remaking) games are getting there just praises! LET'S KEEP ROCKING ADVENTURE GAMES AGS'ERS!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Broomie

Hey, that's pretty awesome to hear. If it's possible, could you do a scan of the magazine? Or do they sell that in the UK?
Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

R4L

Hmm, im not sure about UK, but I don't have a scanner. I could try to do it in school on thursday.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I say, I don't suppose there's a way to play the game without text and just with the voices? I don't like having them both when I can understand the spoken dialog, it makes me a bit impatient...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Blackthorne

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Sun 26/11/2006 11:29:51
I say, I don't suppose there's a way to play the game without text and just with the voices? I don't like having them both when I can understand the spoken dialog, it makes me a bit impatient...

No, I believe that right now you can only have the option to have text/voice or text/no-voice.  But perhaps with a future release we can make a voice only option.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

A-Hed

I was enjoying this game when I encountered a bug of some sort, I don't even know what I did wrong.

Spoiler

When I try to cast any of the spells from the spellbook he just gets killed. I have made sure I have all the ingredients for all of the spells I try to cast but he still gets killed. The only thing that I can think of that can cause this is that I have done things in a different order or something. Since I got stuck I looked up the hints and walkthrough, I had already done everything up to this point and I am now out of ideas. I supposed this can't be fixed but I dont want to restart either.
[close]

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I appreciate any help on this!

/A-Hed

Blackthorne

You must be missing an ingredient. 

Most people miss getting the bowl from the kitchen.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

A-Hed

Nothing like that, I have followed the walkthrough up to this point. Since I can't cast any other spell there must be something wrong. I know I have got all of the ingredients so far so I should be able to cast them.

I probably have to restart the game and see if the same thing happens.

Has this been reported before?

/A-Hed

Helmut Kravitz

This should probably go in a different thread, eh?

However, I just played this game again, and had no trouble casting all the spells. Unless you accidentally got some alpha version, you have to be missing an ingredient for the spell-making to kill off your character. Look at the spell that's killing you in the spell book to see what ingredients it requires, and make sure you have all of them/didn't leave them under your bed (including the wand).

A-Hed

Sorry that I haven't replied sooner, but I got it working after creating a new game. I did exactly the same things so I still don't know what the problem was the first time.

It's great so far, keep it up! :)

/A-Hed

Klytos

paolo

Couple of bugs:

Spoiler
If I teleport from the top of the mountain and end up on the ground, it's still snowing... this probably isn't a bug, but presumably it would be rain rather than snow, given that you have just come walked off a tropical beach. Never mind, I'm just being picky - I can live with that one.

I teleported while I was on the top of the mountain (the room to the west of the cave, where there is the stream) and disappeared, wasn't teleported to another room, and didn't reappear. I have the saved game if you want to look at it.

It's snowing inside a cave too (not in the smelly cave, but the one that leads deep into the mountains).
[close]

I love the snow effect, by the way, especially the way it starts and stops - it's very realistic.

paolo

Yep, there's definitely a bug with the snow... I was inside the castle, and it was still snowing. It snowed all through the final credits, too.

But an excellent game all the same. Well done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk