Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth - New Games from the fellers at Screen 7

Started by subspark, Sun 02/01/2011 07:35:32

Previous topic - Next topic

subspark

QuoteAnyway, I'm patiently waiting for you to finish and cherishing each new update or surprise Indy mini-game (like Temple of Spheres).
Thats the spirit! Check Barnett College for a small news update. More news to follow soon.  :D

Cheers,
Paul.

cacaro

First of all, I'm too eagerly awaiting for another mini-game (actually, I'm more than excited whenever a new Indy fangame comes out - too few of them got finished unfortunately  :-X )

As a bit of offtopic, does anyone know wether there are any news for the Indiana Jones and the crown of king solomon project? The site has vanished and the last time I heard about Calle, he said the game was almost finished. It'd be such a pity to lose yet another fangame.  :-\

EDIT: holy Christ, the site is back online!  :o

Maybe there's hope after all!

Mati256

Quote from: cacaro on Sun 09/01/2011 16:28:21
EDIT: holy Christ, the site is back online!  :o

Maybe there's hope after all!

In 2009 Calle said they where hoping yo release the game in a few months.
Any updates on this? Sorry for going out of topic.  :-*
My Blog! (En Español)

SSH

Just to be the worst kind of pedant: in those days Royal Mail was called "General Post Office" :P

Tonywhite84

Finished the demo 1.2, but was unable to find that secret easter egg. Don't know where to search for it... demo is really HUGE. Can someone e-mail me, send (or PM) me any useful clues about this secret, please?

m0ds

Hi Tonywhite84 - try searching the island map a wee bit more :=

Andrew - only an old man McCormack could be so pedantic as you!

m0ds

Hopefully subsy will update this thread -

You can now check out an arcade fighter example (one of two methods of fighting in upcoming FoY, if you don't include avoiding fights!) here:

http://www.barnettcollege.com/fighterspecial.htm

Note: It's 2 player. Single players may struggle!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Mods on Tue 26/04/2011 16:12:51

You can now check out an arcade fighter example (one of two methods of fighting in upcoming FoY, if you don't include avoiding fights!) here:

Doesn't load. :(

m0ds

Quote from: Ascovel on Tue 26/04/2011 16:36:34

Try a different browser perhaps sir? It's definitely all there ready and waiting :)

Or do you mean the exe installer?

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Mods on Tue 26/04/2011 16:41:48
Quote from: Ascovel on Tue 26/04/2011 16:36:34

After a great many Ctrl+F5 and a long wait the page finally loaded. :)

I'll write about my exe experiences soon.

Stupot

Cool stuff.  Will this be released as a full 2-player fighting game with more characters and combos, or is it simply to show off how the fighting will work in the main game?

I hope that there is some kind of mini-game, where Indy goes to the arcades (or the 1939 equivalent  :-\) and challenges folks to a game inside a game.

Also, I'd love to see this used with the same tech behind the AGS awards, then we could fight each other online.  It must be do-able?

m0ds

Nice idea Stu! It's worth us mulling over, but from now, it really is full focus on the full game. No more mini-games (bar Saints) and no more tech demos, just solid, outright work on the full game. But if spare time allows it, I agree, a multiplayer version using the chat module would be absolutely brilliant :)

Igor Hardy

Love the main menu music.

The fighting itself is fun too - the graphics and animations in particular, although Indy jumps in a bit kangaroo-goofy way.

Anyway, anyway, combat is cool and all, but I want you to release a new Indy adventure game now. Can be even Indiana Spheres 2. Please?

m0ds

QuoteCan be even Indiana Spheres 2. Please?

Hehe, consider Spheres 2 to be Passage of Saints dude, it's a lot longer than Spheres. Releasing it in November. No point releasing an Xmas game in Summer :P Thanks for the comments though! Glad you got it working.

subspark

Mati256

Just played it, and it's pretty cool. I like what I see, as I said before, the new Indy sprite is just awesome.
And the whole idea of an arcade fighting game is pretty cool. This will be implemented in the game and the other player will be computer controlled or this is just a minigame for 2 players?
My Blog! (En Español)

Peder 🚀

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Thu 28/04/2011 02:12:05
Awesome! ;D

Quote from: Ascovel on Tue 26/04/2011 20:10:20
Love the main menu music.

Same here, what is it off? :P.

I'm guessing Mr Mods got inspired by a certain tune from The Last Crusade and made something with similar feel.

Peder 🚀

I believe Mr Mods is not the composer hence why I asked what it is off (he is only credited for the installer music).

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Oh my, Karatiana Jones and the Temple of Kombat...

I really don't know what to think of this, to be honest.  Indy leaping about like a frog, doing spin kicks like Bruce Lee?  Is this a late April Fools, by chance?  ???

You already had a functional combat model in the game, but you diverted time to develop this instead?  It's just pretty surreal.

If you're serious about announcers and real time combat like this, a good start would be to scrap the jumping mechanic altogether as it doesn't really DO anything anyway, and then focus on attacks that actually make sense for Indy like using his whip/gun instead of all the kicky-face stuff that he'd never do.  Maybe release this as a separate thing entirely from FoY as it just looks and feels so out of place.

I dunno, I've always been a pretty strong supporter of this project but this just seems really out of place compared to the other wonderful work you guys have put into the game.  

And the menu music is from The Goonies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk