METRO CITY: Night Shift

Started by Rik_Vargard, Wed 01/11/2023 23:51:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik_Vargard

Hey @heltenjon thank you so much for your review! It's very motivating and I'm so happy you liked my game. :)

About the hacking puzzle, Im sorry it was so hard! It should've been a fun challenge not a stressing one.
But heh, you did beat it, right? I'm grateful for the effort and bow before your courage. Also, I wish I was there to see your reaction. (laugh)
The thing is that I tested it so many times that at one moment I was used to where the symbols are and almost didn't have to really look anymore.
I made that "this is too easy" error, see?  So I'm keeping that in mind for the next game.  :P

Thank you for playing,

Cheers!

heltenjon

The hacking puzzle was hard, not too hard.  ;) I don't think you should consider that an error of judgment on your part, the creators will know the ins and outs and will become pros of their own games.  I mean, @Tomags can beat his game Mr Tijerakis at hard levels, for crying out loud. (laugh) In fact, I think the progression was very nicely balanced.

I tried different strategies (in spoilers, as it may not be all that interesting, or people may want to  figure it out themselves).
Spoiler
At first, I tried to click the icons in the order they appeared. After a while, I discovered what the hand did, and even later that the icons could be clicked in any order. Still, I wasn't fast enough. So I tried simply clicking in a circle as fast as I could without even looking at the code, then discovered that I was penalized for doing multiple errors, but not until I had tried a lot of times. (laugh) In the end, I guess it came down to learning where some of the icons were in order to be fast enough.
[close]

Tomags

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 07/02/2024 10:20:44;) I don't think you should consider that an error of judgment on your part, the creators will know the ins and outs and will become pros of their own games.  I mean, Tomags can beat his game Mr Tijerakis at hard levels, for crying out loud. (laugh) In fact, I think the progression was very nicely balanced.

Haha, yes, my game was worse balanced than I thought for new players. And believe it or not it was going to be much harder; I was lucky that I saw my uncle (that is not very skilled in computers) testing it, and could see that it was not as evident as I thought it would be.

Great thread by the way. I'll contribute for sure when I've made some memory on examples of satisfying puzzles, for sure.

And @Rik_Vargard, great game by the way. I'm waiting to have more time to get back to it and hopefully finish it, and will give some feedback.

Tomags

Tomags

Rik_Vargard

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 07/02/2024 10:20:44
Spoiler
At first, I tried to click the icons in the order they appeared. After a while, I discovered what the hand did, and even later that the icons could be clicked in any order. Still, I wasn't fast enough. So I tried simply clicking in a circle as fast as I could without even looking at the code, then discovered that I was penalized for doing multiple errors, but not until I had tried a lot of times. (laugh) In the end, I guess it came down to learning where some of the icons were in order to be fast enough.
[close]

Yes you're right, and also the hand:  :)
Spoiler
Whatever you're doing, when the hand appears, click on it. Don't try to finish the sequence, just click on it right away.
Since it's on a timer, the sooner you click on it the sooner it will get back
[close]

Quote from: Tomags on Wed 07/02/2024 13:25:33And @Rik_Vargard, great game by the way. I'm waiting to have more time to get back to it and hopefully finish it, and will give some feedback.

Tomags

Hey thanks, I hope you'll have fun  :)

Cheers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk