Mordy 2: The Mirror of Truth

Started by Mordalles, Tue 31/01/2006 19:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Uku

sorry it dont work(need ...blablabla/mordy2.zip- adress, not link ending bla-bla).
:'(
still waiting forvard to play...
ps if i havent sayed(my memory isnt the best remebmering things, (but IQ is far over 100)so)grapic is avesome,
does game is 3d or looks like 3d?
PS!sorry for my english.

Cees

Thanks Pumaman.
It,s working now!

:)

Mordalles

uku, i pm'ed you the direct link. and yes, the game is rendered in 3d, and then inserted as 2d pics into ags.

thanks pumaman!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

lakerz

Hi Mordalles,

I played Mordy 1 and thought highly of it, but the sequel just blows it away IMO.  Everything about the game is so polished it's amazing.  You truly deserve a pat on the back for seeing this game through to the end.  The music was excellent as well, and they deserve kudos too.

I liked the multiple endings.  Both were pretty clever.

Mordy 2 goes alongside Prodigal and Crave as my favorite AGS games during the past few years.  And yes, please make a Mordy 3! 

marlamoe

Read through the thread so I am hoping I didn't miss it if anyone else already posted this.  On the screen with lasers, I got this message and then *crash*

An error has occured.  Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.  (in global script line 1161)  Error: ObjectON:  invalid object specified.

This happened when I tried to use
Spoiler
metal and wire on lasers
[close]

sthomannch

Hi Mordy!
Nice game, and I'm looking forward to part 3. I found a few minor glitches, though. In the tavern, the GUI with inventory, save etc sometimes vanishes, but I didn't find out why. Also in the
Spoiler
cell, when I used the sharp metal piece on the wire or on the wire and pipe (I wanted to make an arrow)
[close]

Also enjoyed your infantery game, very funny

Mordalles

wow, thanks lazers!  ;D

marmeloe, thanks, i'll have a look at that right away, and hopefully fix it!

stomannch, yes, i already fixed it when you use something on the metal and wire and the metal piece. i havent updated it yet, though. i also saw a bug where i forgot to turn back on the gui when you use something with telekinesis. maybe that was the problem in the inn.

thx for the bug reports. i'll hopefully get the fixed version up this week.

splat44

Quote from: Mordalles on Sun 05/02/2006 11:39:36
wow, thanks lazers!Ã,  ;D

marmeloe, thanks, i'll have a look at that right away, and hopefully fix it!

stomannch, yes, i already fixed it when you use something on the metal and wire and the metal piece. i havent updated it yet, though. i also saw a bug where i forgot to turn back on the gui when you use something with telekinesis. maybe that was the problem in the inn.

thanks for the bug reports. i'll hopefully get the fixed version up this week.

Thankfully you've decided.

I will inform my comments.

Kediri

Absolutely fabulous game!
Sadly I am now at the same point as some of the others, the serpent girl has vanished.  :-\ I saw her the first time I went in the tavern but never since. So I ran my cursor around various places in the tavern and discovered a "hot spot" in the band room of the tavern, between the fireplace and the hat is a hot spot that comes up with TheArrow3 nothing can be done there, it's just a bit intriguing!  :)

Lies

Quote from: Kediri on Mon 06/02/2006 01:56:55
Absolutely fabulous game!
Sadly I am now at the same point as some of the others, the serpent girl has vanished.  :-\ I saw her the first time I went in the tavern but never since. So I ran my cursor around various places in the tavern and discovered a "hot spot" in the band room of the tavern, between the fireplace and the hat is a hot spot that comes up with TheArrow3 nothing can be done there, it's just a bit intriguing!  :)
I see the same hotspot, you're a good pixelhunter ;)

Lies

I now have replayed Mordy without any problems. Snakegirl is this time where she belongs, happy for me, but I wished I could have told Mordalles where it went wrong the first time.

Thanks Mordalles for making and supporting such a nice 99.9% perfect game, I enjoyed it very much and can barely wait for a sequel! :)

Mordalles

thx lies. im glad it worked this time!

i have a question. lies just let me know he/she was playing the game in 320x200 resolution.

kediri, are you also playing the game at 320x200? im just wondering if that is maybe causing the snake girl to disappear, since i cant seem to recreate the bug. but i have never ever tested this game on 320x200.

peter

Thanks Mordalles for this excellent adventure game
Only got many time frozen when i used the spell but i have finished it.
And what are the good and what are the bad ending ?

Kediri

Quotekediri, are you also playing the game at 320x200? I'm just wondering if that is maybe causing the snake girl to disappear, since i cant seem to recreate the bug. but i have never ever tested this game on 320x200

Mordalles, I'm playing the game under the original win setup 640 x 400.

Mordalles

the first link now has the latest version of mordy 2. all the known bugs are fixed. (except for the sinister disappearing snake lady)

thx for everyone who informed me of bugs. i want to make a patch for those who already downloaded the game, but i have no idea how.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

http://www.clickteam.com

Or was it http://www.clickteam.org?

Anyway, CLickTeam has a program called PatchMaker. You need a copy of the OLD compiled game and the NEW, fixed game. Then run the program. It'll compare them and output a file that'll update the old version to the new one.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Mordalles

you need the old version! . . . OOPS!

i updated to the new one, but didnt keep a version of the old one.  :o
what am i to do now?

Khris

The Devil and the Death (CS guy) are still clickable after dissappearing, I think you only made them transparent and forgot to turn them off afterwards.
(Sorry, if this has been said before, couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread.)

Mordalles

are you sure. I'm pretty sure i fixed that and tested it.

EDIT: i just went and tested it, and couldn't find anything wrong. the counter strike guy is not there anymore, neither a hotspot anywhere. not that i could find. and death is still there, as he should be.

when you upload a new version to the same spot on a ftp where the old version was, he automatically overwrites it, right?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Mordalles - I've been slacking a bit on updating the games archive, but by luck I had added Mordy 2. :)

http://aafiles.bicycle-for-slugs.org/full/Mordy%202%20-%20The%20Mirror%20of%20Truth.rar

That's the old version.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk