My Siblings, The Stones

Started by RootBound, Mon 04/03/2024 15:07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RootBound

Hello all,

I've finally finished my second non-MAGS game. This one went faster than the last one because I had a lot more help. :)

In My Siblings, the Stones, a dropout mage finds herself stranded in an unfamiliar village, and must help the locals solve a thorny problem in order to find her way home. Explore a history-infused settlement, discover unexpected clues, and learn who can help you as you navigate a damaged land. And maybe, with persistence, begin to learn magic.

Playtime: 30-45 minutes

DOWNLOAD HERE:
AGS Database
Itch.io

Features:

-Atmospheric, story-driven gameplay -- much more story-based than puzzle-based, which is different for me.  :)

-Intuitive one-click interface

-Music by @Eric Matyas  - Thank you so much for providing such a large database of free music. It really elevates the game.
-Background photos by Mathias Lang -- sourced from OpenGameArt.org

And a HUGE thanks to @Wiggy and @Rik_Vargard for volunteering to be play-testers and working hard to improve the final game. You both made such a difference!

I hope you enjoy playing!
They/them. Here are some of my games:

MIGGO

Congrats on the release!
What is Palace Cheese?
A dodge move in Romanian swordplay.

heltenjon

This looks great and sounds interesting! Congratulations on the release! I'll put it on the list of games to play.  (nod)

glurex

When I tried to download it, I get this message from itch.io :

RootBound

Quote from: glurex on Mon 04/03/2024 22:28:27When I tried to download it, I get this message

Thank you for letting me know. I'll see if I can fix that.

Is everyone else seeing this message too?

UPDATE: Evidently this happens on itch.io frequently. I emailed the support team. They will supposedly review the account and confirm it is flagged in error. In the meantime, I can guarantee the game is safe.

RootBound

The issue is fixed now.  :)  If anyone was unsure about downloading the game, itch.io has un-quarantined my account. Thanks again @glurex for bringing it to my attention. I hope everyone feels safe trying it out now.  :)

Rik_Vargard

I'm glad I could help with your game. :)
I really liked playing this one, the graphics and the audio create an atmophere that I remember from the game "Loom".

Also, this could (or should?!) become a series, right? Something in the likes of Quantum Leap?
The long journey home, from world to world, while learning more magic?
Riiight?!?  (laugh)

Creamy

Quote from: RootBound on Tue 05/03/2024 12:22:52The issue is fixed now.  :)  If anyone was unsure about downloading the game, itch.io has un-quarantined my account. Thanks again @glurex for bringing it to my attention. I hope everyone feels safe trying it out now.  :)

Sorry but the page is still quarantined when I try to download the game.

RootBound

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 06/03/2024 19:11:53Sorry but the page is still quarantined when I try to download the game.

Ugh, this is ruining my game release. So many views and so few downloads and I have no idea what caused it.  :(

EDIT: All right, enough moping from me. Stuff happens. Thank you to everyone here who had downloaded the game. I'm grateful and I hope you enjoy it. [Thumbs up]

CaptainD

Belated congrats on the release!  ;-D

CaptainD

I played the game last night and it was a great bite-sized experience!

The review I left on Itch:

This is a really lovely little game! Despite the minimalist design in many aspects, it really drew my into the world and felt like a little slice of a richly detailed game world. The few animations that there were really added to the game, and the music was superbly chosen. Not many puzzles, but still a bit of work for the old grey cells wrapped up in a genuinely intriguing narrative experience.. Would love to see more adventures by our failed but somehow successful apprentice mage!

Well done mate, everything game together really well in this game.  ;-D

RootBound

Thanks so much for playing and commenting, @CaptainD ! I really appreciate the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!  :)  :)  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk