My Siblings, The Stones

Started by RootBound, Mon 04/03/2024 15:07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RootBound

Hello all,

I've finally finished my second non-MAGS game. This one went faster than the last one because I had a lot more help. :)

In My Siblings, the Stones, a dropout mage finds herself stranded in an unfamiliar village, and must help the locals solve a thorny problem in order to find her way home. Explore a history-infused settlement, discover unexpected clues, and learn who can help you as you navigate a damaged land. And maybe, with persistence, begin to learn magic.

Playtime: 30-45 minutes

DOWNLOAD HERE:
AGS Database
Itch.io

Features:

-Atmospheric, story-driven gameplay -- much more story-based than puzzle-based, which is different for me.  :)

-Intuitive one-click interface

-Music by @Eric Matyas  - Thank you so much for providing such a large database of free music. It really elevates the game.
-Background photos by Mathias Lang -- sourced from OpenGameArt.org

And a HUGE thanks to @Wiggy and @Rik_Vargard for volunteering to be play-testers and working hard to improve the final game. You both made such a difference!

I hope you enjoy playing!
They/them. Here are some of my games:

MIGGO

Congrats on the release!
What is Palace Cheese?
A dodge move in Romanian swordplay.

heltenjon

This looks great and sounds interesting! Congratulations on the release! I'll put it on the list of games to play.  (nod)

glurex

When I tried to download it, I get this message from itch.io :

RootBound

Quote from: glurex on Mon 04/03/2024 22:28:27When I tried to download it, I get this message

Thank you for letting me know. I'll see if I can fix that.

Is everyone else seeing this message too?

UPDATE: Evidently this happens on itch.io frequently. I emailed the support team. They will supposedly review the account and confirm it is flagged in error. In the meantime, I can guarantee the game is safe.

RootBound

The issue is fixed now.  :)  If anyone was unsure about downloading the game, itch.io has un-quarantined my account. Thanks again @glurex for bringing it to my attention. I hope everyone feels safe trying it out now.  :)

Rik_Vargard

I'm glad I could help with your game. :)
I really liked playing this one, the graphics and the audio create an atmophere that I remember from the game "Loom".

Also, this could (or should?!) become a series, right? Something in the likes of Quantum Leap?
The long journey home, from world to world, while learning more magic?
Riiight?!?  (laugh)

Creamy

Quote from: RootBound on Tue 05/03/2024 12:22:52The issue is fixed now.  :)  If anyone was unsure about downloading the game, itch.io has un-quarantined my account. Thanks again @glurex for bringing it to my attention. I hope everyone feels safe trying it out now.  :)

Sorry but the page is still quarantined when I try to download the game.

RootBound

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 06/03/2024 19:11:53Sorry but the page is still quarantined when I try to download the game.

Ugh, this is ruining my game release. So many views and so few downloads and I have no idea what caused it.  :(

EDIT: All right, enough moping from me. Stuff happens. Thank you to everyone here who had downloaded the game. I'm grateful and I hope you enjoy it. [Thumbs up]

CaptainD

Belated congrats on the release!  ;-D

CaptainD

I played the game last night and it was a great bite-sized experience!

The review I left on Itch:

This is a really lovely little game! Despite the minimalist design in many aspects, it really drew my into the world and felt like a little slice of a richly detailed game world. The few animations that there were really added to the game, and the music was superbly chosen. Not many puzzles, but still a bit of work for the old grey cells wrapped up in a genuinely intriguing narrative experience.. Would love to see more adventures by our failed but somehow successful apprentice mage!

Well done mate, everything game together really well in this game.  ;-D

RootBound

Thanks so much for playing and commenting, @CaptainD ! I really appreciate the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!  :)  :)  :)

RootBound

Patch 1 is now released, with minor bug fixes. This might not fix issues with old save games though, depending on where you are in the game. (Hopefully this doesn't put me in itch.io quarantine again  (wtf) ).

I also made a walkthrough here:)

Enjoy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk