Perils Of Poom

Started by M, Wed 31/12/2003 17:28:38

Previous topic - Next topic

M

Perils of Poom - here it is. Whipped up in time for the AGS Awards - not that I'm excepting it to win anthing, though. At all.

Thanks to everyone who has supported the game, I appreciate it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ev.cool/poom_full.zip

The music by m0ds is sick! I love it. You can hear the tracks in the STERIO section of the main menu. There is a problem, though. Due to time restrictions, etc etc, the soundtrack isnt finished!! This release of Poom is for the benefit of meeting the AGS Award deadline rather than having to wait another year for it. An updated version with full music will be released in the coming weeks. Sorry. Everything else is done, though. You'll just notice that music is recycled a lot.

Thanks
-Mike-

Oh yeah, there's a short(ish) Bonus Scene right at the end. You have to unlock it first, though!

(Should I have put stats here, like number of rooms etc etc?? Well, There's 96 by the way - most are playable...)

::UPDATE:: 22 Jan
Just a minor update - uploaded a new version of Poom -- all thats different is that some of the 'pixel-hunty' hotspots are bigger or slightly more obvious. Oh yeah, the ship-sales man guy now has a new talking loop (*cough stan anyone *cough*)

Other Poom news - the game's been nominated for a few categories at the AG Underdrog Awards and for Best Game at The Crows Nest.

::UPDATE:: 23 March
You can get latest news on Poom 2 right here. There's also a Poom 1 re-release in the works, with the full soundtrack as well as some extra stuff.

Goldmund

Heeeeeey, I thought this game was dead! Great! I enjoyed the demo.

Now, if you'd put a link to download, people would be even able to get it! That's just my opinion, though.

M

Yeah, geeze - sorry. I uploaded it a second ago and forgot it... :P Sorted now. Its always something...

Inkoddi

Why isn't there any usic in the intro?

edit: Heh, cool game but I'm stuck already...

Spoiler
I need some matches or a lighter to start a fire in the bin in the docks (I've covered it with illegal drug)
[close]

M

There's no music in the intro coz there's nothing appropriate for that part at the moment. The music comes in later and then I try to keep as much as I can.

=edit=
There's a walkthrough for everything up to the end of the demo parts of the game here.

Damien

I'm stuck...
Spoiler
I'm on the refueling station, visited all the screens, talked to both salesman and pokemon(or something) card collector. I took collector's drink, guess it has to do something with that fish, but what?
[close]

BTW: Great game! I'm enjoying it.

M

Spoiler
Have you pressed the button on the vending machine in the canteen (involves a bit of pixel hunting)? After that you can get the fish magnet from the shop.. and theres an open paint can outside *ahem*
[close]

jane

I've found a bug I think.....................I managed to get into club - now I can't get out.  I have talked to bloke and interracted with door and tried to leave the way I came in - tried everything I can think of but just can't get out of room :-\

Damien

jane: when he entered the room, character climbed up the stairs leading to the left of the screen. Now you must find the last step and right click it

AGA

Spoiler
I'm in the cave with the sand worm. What the hell do I do?
[close]

M

Spoiler
Just dodge the worm for a while by walking to either the top,bottom or middle of the cave (got to right-click on those areas) and something will eventually happen. Its got a set pattern of where it hits, its not random. It only hits the bottom of the cave twice, though. If I recall it hits something like: top, bottom, top, middle, top, middle, middle, bottom, top, top or something
[close]

Damien

Spoiler
I'm on the third planet, got my bank card, how do i get goth to hack my card or something?
[close]

M

Spoiler
Where the goths are there's a locked door. You can get in using the bank card. Basically, once inside you can pull the plug on the goth's music (theres always so some ice in there). Give them something new (did you pick up the sterio from the sewage place on the bottom floor?) and the sitting goth will be more willing to help with hacking the card.
[close]

asafii

Great Game :)
But im stuck spoiler below
Spoiler
Ok im on the planet with the sand , I have the seed , the lens and  the empty bottle but im not sure how to get that obstruction away from the cave?
[close]

Inkoddi

Spoiler
I'm still at the refuleing station, got the trading card, the gas mask, the phone and a coin. Mac wants to go to the loo, but the queue (spelling?) won't move so I can't exit to the ship
[close]

Pet Terry

Holy shit! Downloading now!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

asafii

Inkoddi :

Spoiler Below
Spoiler
You need to set of a stink bomb , if you didnt notice when you are near the machine in the canteen there is a little man behind the pilar click on the pilar and youll go there he will trade you the card for a stink bomb
[close]

AGA

asaafi:

Spoiler
Give the lens to the hippies. Then take the shovel. Then go to the bar and talk to the guys there until you go with them to dig. Then go back to the hole and take the rope. Use the rope with the sticking-out rock by the cave entrance
[close]

Grace

Spoiler
I'm stuck. I'm in the park and broken the building's window. But how to get down to the long drop???
[close]

AGA

Spoiler
I'm in the amusement park. How do I win the ring-toss game to win the glass cutter? I've already met Jay and got the toilet paper, stick and magazine.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk