Perils Of Poom

Started by M, Wed 31/12/2003 17:28:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

Alright?

Haha, I too laughed out loud many a time when playing this, the dialog rocked.  I missed the secret bonus bit, but I'll play it again when you release the full music version.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

M

Cool - thanks, Duzz. Just gotta say I really liked your game. I havent completed it yet, but I'm getting there. Heh, angry bear.

Nostradamus

Spoiler
How do I get into the park?  I got the screwdriver but can't do anything else to open the gate or pay the ticket guy
[close]

Inkoddi

Spoiler
Go back to the tent and look for something...         green!
[close]

Nostradamus

Spoiler
Yeah, I saw the card but I can't take it or read it!
[close]

AGA

Spoiler
You need to have gone one screen right of where the ship landed, first. It's a scrolling room, keep going right until you enter a new screen. Then look around here, then go back to the tent.
[close]

luutje

i really like this game. i finished it, with help ofcourse. but still great game. thanks everyone.

StuckInThePit

Okay... this game is awesome but I'm stuck in a really stupid place.....  hopefully somebody can help me (please)!

*How* do I get out of 'The Pit' at the beginning??

He does nothing when I try to use or look at the door, and just stands at the bottom of the stairs when I direct him down them...

I'm stuck in the club and can't get out... Help!

Inkoddi

Spoiler
There's a hotspot on the highest step on the stairs you came from. Right-click that
[close]

NoLongerStuckInThePit

Ahhhh that was it, thanks a bunch =) now for the rest of the game...

M

The first post has been updated with some Poom news and a new version of the game uploaded (nothing to get excited about, though - just a couple of changes).

JimmyShelter

Very cool game!

There are some typo's though. For example, it's stereo, not sterio.
And also, what's with the aat instead of out?

But apart from that I loved the game. Cool music, cool graphics.

AGA

I assume they have English accents, in which 'out' is pronounced like 'aat'

JimmyShelter

Quote from: AGA on Fri 23/01/2004 21:09:50
I assume they have English accents, in which 'out' is pronounced like 'aat'

Yeah, that's what I thought. Makes it less easy for the non-native english speaker, though.

Kweepa

I downloaded this when it was released, but didn't get around to playing it until now.
I love it so far! Very entertaining stuff. Great dialog, and interesting plot.
It's much more professional than it looks! (No offence!)
So, errr, bump.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

M

Thanks for the kind words, Steve. Glad you're enjoying the game.

For anyone interested, you can get latest news on Poom 2 right here. There's also a Poom 1 re-release in the works, with the full soundtrack as well as some extra stuff.

-Mike-

piraatlife4me

Hey just finished playing your game! Pretty good stuff. Some of the puzzles were really tough (had to bust out the ags walkthrough for a couple of them) but for the most part I thought it was all done quite nicely.
A few things...
Spoiler
I noticed that if you get the fish magnet and swap it for the real fish before opening the paint can you're outta luck and have to start all over. Was this intentional?
Also it is really hard to leave the poom office in the first map of the game. I noticed you have to click on the streets hotspot before it lets you out. If you release a second version maybe you could just put a region there or make the hotspot bigger to leave the room.
[close]

For the most part I though it was a great game looking forward to playing the sequel.

Kweepa

So far, my biggest laugh out loud moment was
Spoiler
haggling over THE THREE TRIALS!
[close]
This game continues to entertain, and so far very logical without being too easy.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

kine

Quote from: M on Thu 01/01/2004 11:30:35
Spoiler
Where the goths are there's a locked door. You can get in using the bank card. Basically, once inside you can pull the plug on the goth's music (theres always so some ice in there). Give them something new (did you pick up the sterio from the sewage place on the bottom floor?) and the sitting goth will be more willing to help with hacking the card.
[close]

help!!! where is the sewage place?
Where do i find the sterio

Holo

Hi there.
I am stuck.  ::)

Spoiler
I got the stink bomb from the boy and tried to use it on the queue (bad English), but the vent sucked all of it in it.  ::)
So what do I have to do?
Thanks.
[close]

PS: I will register here soon. I like this message-board and the games. ^^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk