Pilot Light

Started by blender81, Fri 12/09/2003 23:02:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis Vale

Great graphics! I don't really care for background music, so it was good for me. I loved the sound effects. The instruction manuel was really cool. I liked it. This was a good game. Nice choice of color and fonts. The puzzles were simple, but it was a good short game. I liked the cut scenes also. Nice backgrounds...

Joseph DiPerla

WOW Great Game! I would compare it to being just as good as Larry Valles and Rob Blanc as far as story goes.

I like the Story. The graphics are great. You got a unique style that I like a lot.

Out of 10, I give this game an 11, just becouse this was your first game.

Just a few suggestions:

Background music would enhance the game a lot. AS well as footsteps sounds.

The puzzles were to easy. I finished the game in less than an hour. You might want to try and make a future game longer and more difficult to get trhough.

But, I hope I didn't discourage you. You made an awesome game. Which is more than I have to say for myself.

JD
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

jane

I agree - great game - puzzles maybe a little too easy and definitely needs music

tootsie69

sweet and short, perhaps too short. Great graphics, shame about lack of background music. Keep up the good work - but next time round something abit longer and harder.

Cool

MrColossal

i think the best thing about the game was it had style...

it had real nice style... the things appearing in the beginning during their conversation... the cutscenes, the panning, the humour.

it was all great. i think the ship starting scene was great, it's not a puzzle but it's an awesome way to get one into the game.

this is an amazing first effort and i can't wait to see more from you.

and is it just me or is vel needlessly critical? This doesn't have anything else to offer but it's art? how rude, man.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Pesty

I just got around to playing this game tonight. It has definately made it into my favorite AGS games. I knew it would the minute I started playing.

The art, the animation, the humor. It was all really nicely done. I liked the puzzles, because they were easy, but not so easy as to be dissapointing. And those were some great cutscenes. The lack of music doesn't bother me in the least, because it didn't really need it. Some music sets the mood for a game, but this game set the mood using other elements, like dialogue and art, enough to work well without music.

I am definately looking forward to more games from you. So you'd better make more.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

remixor

This was excellent!  Awesome stuff.  Ignore Vel, he's just being Vel.  It's rare to see a first game (hell, any game) of this overall finish and quality.

As others have mentioned, the puzzles were a bit obvious, but that wasn't really the point of this game. Sytlistically it was absolutely top-notch, and I really liked your dialogue.  It was very natural.

It goes without saying that your cutscenes ruled.  That brings me to a question: was the reason the game was almost 10MB because of the cutscenes?   I don't mind at all, I'm just wondering since 10 megs seems a bit large for a game of this length.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

PureGhostGR

I've just finished it, and I must say it was brilliant.

You have worked with the engine in a very different way than most of the other games I've played, and that is good.

Also the cutscenes where great.. Adding atmosphere and keeping the player wanting to see more.

Provided this is your first adventure, I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future.

Excellent work. :)

jason

Quote from: MrColossal on Wed 15/10/2003 05:27:07
and is it just me or is vel needlessly critical?
It's not just you. This game was extremely well-done.

biorogue

anyone know where I can get the game....link does not work

marlamoe

Cute game.  Played it in just a few minutes.  I would love to see a longer game from you.

TassieDevil

Quote from: jason on Wed 15/10/2003 20:08:48
Quote from: MrColossal on Wed 15/10/2003 05:27:07
and is it just me or is vel needlessly critical?
It's not just you. This game was extremely well-done.

I second this as well! Great game and well done!

I don't care about background music, usually I turn the speakers off if there is music and actually some midi music crashes my computer :(

hedgefield

Excellent stuff. Perfect bite-sized game with a great atmosphere. And I'm running out of variations to say what's already been said...

Keep up the good work!

Candle

I'm sure if he ever comes back he will . hahahaha look at the last post..

Rosie

Very Good........... And this was your first ags game???? Amazing.

You have great talent and hope to see more from you in the future..................

CosmoQueen

The download link won't work for me :(
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

qptain Nemo

Really nice game! There're even shorter games, so I liked it very much. Very nice graphics and animation indeed, charming main character, good humour and excellent scripting !
And definetely it misses its own music. :)
Waiting for sequels. :)
edit: Almost forgot!!  Reference to Another World was very pleasuring to find! ;)

Khris

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Sun 14/05/2006 06:32:39
The download link won't work for me :(

Try Wretched's link from 2006-05-09.

Hammerite

Quote from: captain Nemo on Sun 14/05/2006 12:02:38
edit: Almost forgot!!Ã,  Reference to Another World was very pleasuring to find! ;)
you must REALLY love Another World.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk