ShootMyValentine(Patch Released 10/2/2007)

Started by Dualnames, Sun 04/02/2007 20:14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

This game is about a teenager named Jim Nail(Because he NAILS).
Jim is at the age of 16 and he goes on a date with a really good looking girl.
However the date does not go well. He understands that this date was all a set up by his date to laugh at him.
So he starts his plan for revenge.

Re-live your teenage life.

Listen to pure rock songs.
Visit Awesome places

Now you get to listen to the music you want.
Enough puzzles to burn your brain cells.

Bla bla bla.Ã, 

Trailer here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2530923459302035632
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-327157469090948711

Download the game here (66mb)
http://files.filefront.com/Valentinerar/;6684222;;/fileinfo.html

you can download the less music version here (10mb)

http://files.filefront.com/Valentinenomusrar/;6684551;;/fileinfo.html

UPDATE******
10/2/2007------
PATCH VERSION 1.1
OFFICIAL PATCH(Whatever)

Download link here:
http://files.filefront.com/Valpatchrar/;6716110;;/fileinfo.html

Features:
---------//
1. Fixed the "Mary's box" bug.
2.Made a few tweaks and some add-ons
3.Re-made many rooms rooms background art.
4.Added right click to open doors.
5.Fixed some pixel hunting.

Unrar the files to your main Valentine folder
and overwrite when you are prompted.
This works on both versions.
Your saves will not work however since the content
of the game is modified.

****UPDATE Spelling corrections by Zeblin 11/2/2007
http://rapidshare.com/files/16066586/Spelling.tra.html
http://files.filefront.com/Spellingtra/;6727508;;/fileinfo.html

Sho-Ryu-Ken corp
http://www.shoryukencorp.blogspot.com
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I can't seem to download, the link just takes me to FileFront's main page.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

ManicMatt

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Cinfa

worst.
Now it's asking me to download the megaupload bar.  :P

Dualnames

Quote from: Cinfa on Sun 04/02/2007 20:41:42
worst.
Now it's asking me to download the megaupload bar.Ã,  :P

Well i uploaded the files at filefront but it seems that they're no there. Sorry abou that bar. you could download the bar download the game and then remove the bar.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

The archive we're trying to download at megaupload is "temporarily unavailable"...?

Seems to be working now.

Plus, your first post is getting confusing, talking about a music-less version and only providing one link.

EDIT - You link to the 10mb version, and I remember the FileFront one being much bigger. Is this the musicless version? Will you upload the "musicfull" version?

Kneel. Now.

Dualnames

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Sun 04/02/2007 20:48:09
The archive we're trying to download at megaupload is "temporarily unavailable"...?

Seems to be working now.

Plus, your first post is getting confusing, talking about a music-less version and only providing one link.

EDIT - You link to the 10mb version, and I remember the FileFront one being much bigger. Is this the musicless version? Will you upload the "musicfull" version?

I am indeed uploading the musicfull version.
when I have the link it shall be given to you.

UPDATE//
File uploaded.

the difference between those versions is that you can't get the stereo or discman play the songs. If this makes sense.

Since 66 mb is a big file to download I decided to disable all the music. So in the music-less version there is sound. But no music.
That's is the only difference.

I hope that I have answered all your questions but I am quite confident that they will be more.

Steel Drummer

What kind of music is in the game? I tried downloading the music version but it is 'temporarily unavailable'.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Dualnames

Quote from: Steel Drummer on Sun 04/02/2007 22:29:59
What kind of music is in the game? I tried downloading the music version but it is 'temporarily unavailable'.

i've just added another link.
Check it out.
Classic Rock

Cinfa

ok, got it from filefront.
Aren't there any keyboard shortcuts for actions?

CosmoQueen

Downloading...can't wait to play the finished product!! ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

paolo

There seems to be a bug in the installation. If you install in a folder that does not end in "\Valentine", it fails to delete files during the installation. This isn't a big deal for the user to fix, but if you change the installation directory to something not ending in "\Valentine", it gives the impression that there's something wrong with the file.

paolo

Quote from: paolo on Mon 05/02/2007 13:30:45
There seems to be a bug in the installation. If you install in a folder that does not end in "\Valentine", it fails to delete files during the installation. This isn't a big deal for the user to fix, but if you do decide to change the installation directory to something not ending in "\Valentine" (as I did), it gives the impression that there's something wrong with the file.

Dualnames

Quote from: paolo on Mon 05/02/2007 13:43:28
Quote from: paolo on Mon 05/02/2007 13:30:45
There seems to be a bug in the installation. If you install in a folder that does not end in "\Valentine", it fails to delete files during the installation. This isn't a big deal for the user to fix, but if you do decide to change the installation directory to something not ending in "\Valentine" (as I did), it gives the impression that there's something wrong with the file.

Well I am not the one to be blaimed about that. Go to the inno setup compiler official site and report it. I did.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh goodie. Let us know when you find out in which way this is related to something you did or didn't do, because I have a hard time believing that any available installer program would make such a mistake on its own without any means of correction.

Kneel. Now.

Cinfa

can you post the inno setup script? Maybe I can find if there's a problem or not.

nulluser

-

Dualnames

Posted by: TheVintageDemonÃ,  Posted on: Yesterday at 16:27Ã, 
QuoteAm downloading now! Looks like an awesome plot, with awesome gameplay! Does kinda remind me of the film Valentine with a hellbent Josh Hartnett and a pretty pathetic looking Denise Richards.

Thanks a lot.

Ã, 
Posted by: CinfaÃ,  Posted on: Yesterday at 15:13Ã, 
Quotecan you post the inno setup script? Maybe I can find if there's a problem or not.Ã, .

Ok' i'll do that.If i manage to find that stupid script file.

Posted by: Rui "Trovatore" PiresÃ,  Posted on: Yesterday at 14:09Ã, 
QuoteOh goodie. Let us know when you find out in which way this is related to something you did or didn't do, because I have a hard time believing that any available installer program would make such a mistake on its own without any means of correction.Ã, 

That's so right, it makes me angry

sthomannch

The game is interesting (I played a little bit and have been on different locations in town). The graphics is really coarse, more so on my extra wide screen:-) But I love the music!

Unfortunately, I found another bug (apart from the one with the
Spoiler
many boxes in the wardrobe
[close]
I can't restore a game. Also, my single savegame appears several times with the same name in the file selection box. When I restore, the game simply crashes. I should have played through it...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk