Silent Knight: Chapter 2 - The Conscience of the King

Started by He-Man, Sun 16/10/2005 14:29:44

Previous topic - Next topic

He-Man

Silent Knight: Chapter 2 - The Conscience of the King

Greetings fellow adventure games.
After beta-testing for a while I've finally released the second chapter of my Silent Knight series!

You play as a knight from Carté Dor.
In the first chapter you escaped the prison Alcatrash. The arcievement was so great the very same king who had first imprisoned you (King Arnold of Calithulhu) promised to set you free. If you in return would find and kill the dragon that was said to have killed King Arnold's son in law.
This is where this next chapter begins...

This game is about twice is big as the first chapter and has way more music.
Unfortunatly that also means that it's a 20 mb download. But if this is a problem I can upload the game without the music file.

The game features:
26 rooms (incl. intro/outro/cutscenes)
Lots of bad music
16 bit colour
640/480 pixels
And it has a modified Monkey Island interface

Some screenshots:

Feedback and criticism of any kind on the game is very welcome. I would love to hear from you!
I hope you'll enjoy my game. It can be found here:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=629
(Don't forget to vote)

NOTE: This game is the second chapter in the Silent Knight series.
It takes place just after the first one ended. So if you
haven't played the first one you might want to get it at
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=554

ENJOY!

17. oct: I found a small bug in the game (thanks to Stefano). I've fixed it now...
There's also a bug when saving the game. I don't have time to fix it. You can save your game. you just can't see what the save game is called before you load it...
Ã,  Ã, 
22. oct: I've added a smaller download without any music. Just download mirror 1.

13. dec: I've added a walkthrough. It can be found here: www.5feetunder.com/game/sk2-walkthrough.txt

Stefano

Yay!!!! \o/ I've really enjoyed the first one.
Can't play it right now, but it's good to know there's a new game to play once I've finished my duties. Thanks He-Man. Downloading it now.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

He-Man

I'm happy you liked the first one. I hope you'll enjoy this one as well. When ever you get time to play it...
Cheers!

Mordalles

Yay! cant wait to play! thx for releasing it, since ive been waiting for this one!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Wretched

Hey, hurry up and finish chapter 3, great stuff.

Rott

Grah. I'm so stuck.

Spoiler
How do I wake up that stupid drunk guy?
[close]

i k a r i

QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

He-Man

Yo.
I've fixed a small bug in the bar (thanks to Stefano).
I've uploaded the game again now.

Thank you for all your comments so far...

Venus

Ah, this is great. Downloading....

EDIT: That was a really enjoyable and beautiful game, a worthy sequel to the first chapter. The puzzles are perfect, nothing too hard, but hard enough to keep you entertained and challenged. The characters are just great and I love those little in-game jokes. In my opinion, one of the best AGS games ever made. I'm really looking forward to the third (and last?  :'() chapter.

However, I still found some minor spelling mistakes and some minor bugs:
Spoiler
1. When clicking on a location on the map with another location between you and the destined location you are sometimes taken to the location in between (for example: if you get out of the place where the druid lives and click to stairway to heaven, you'll get to the church as it lies in between...)
2. The writing on the guy's shirt who sells the maps is wrong when he walks to the right and the priest's bottle changes hands...

It didn't stop me from solving the game, though, and I still had a good time...
[close]

Btw, I really loved the German guard. I'm German and so it was quite funny to read his text. There are some grammatical mistakes, but I'm aware that grammatical correctness isn't the point, but entertainment and it surely was entertaining  ;D.

So, keep up the good work and get that third chapter finished!!!  ;D

Fisher

lakerz

I agree with Venus that this series strikes a great balance between being challenging but not too difficult.  Granted, that music puzzle was tough though.  :P

Still, with the exception of a few spelling/grammar mistakes it was a very pleasurable gaming experience!  The music was great as well.  Each piece fit the mood perfect IMO.

i k a r i

I've just finished the game......and it was GREAT, the music puzzle was the only thing I didn't like, (for those who didn't play it is a VERY SHORT part of the game) is worth the 20mb, congratulations I can't wait for the 3rd chapter... PLEASE add that scream again, PLEASE!!! xD
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Venus

I liked the music puzzle and I don't think it's too difficult. I figured it out after three tries. The fact that you could play your melody along was really helpful to find the right tunes. Strange that it seemed to be rather difficult for most people...

ggp

I really enjoyed the game He Man and hope you get moving on part 3 pretty quickley!!
I tried to download Part 1 yesterday, as i haven't played it yet, but once downloaded the game had an error and wouldn't open ?!
Anyway, (apart from that music puzzle!) i really, really liked the game. (Think i already said that!)

He-Man

Thank you so much for all your comments. It really nice to hear that you like my game.
I've put a lot of work into the game but it really pays off when I get all this great feedback.

Ggp - I am working on the script for the last game already. And the overall plot is done. So I hope it won't be too long before I can release it...
BTW try downloading the first one again. I tried a few minuttes ago and everything seemed to work fine.

Venus - I'm not sure it's one of the best Ags games but I'm very flattered that you think so... Also I'm glad you didn't find the music-puzzle too hard. I didn't think people would find it that difficult either.
(Maybe I'll fix the bugs you've mentioned in a later version, but thanks for mentioning them)

Kari - The Scream is the dragon's servant and he will play an even bigger part in the last chapter.

Everybody else - Thank you...

P.s. Don't forget to vote!

ggp

He Man; I tried downloading the game again, and got the same problem "Exception 0 x C0000005 in ACWin.exe ATEIP = 0 x BFF9BB6B" when i tried to play it.

i k a r i

Quote from: He-Man on Tue 18/10/2005 10:23:42
Kari - The Scream is the dragon's servant and he will play a even bigger part in the last chapter.

Is ikari why everybody call me kari? xD, anyway, yeah, that guy...his scream is the funniest thing in the game, I would love to have that animation to put it again every time I want to laugh... ;D
Well I'm voting right now..

EDIT: ggp, yesterday before starting the second chapter I got the first one from this page and I didn't have any problem installing it and playing it  :o... If you are using the same explorer to download it try choosing another destination, because it saves the information of the first download in the temp folder..(or another folder)...
Nacho speaking of Bush.

lakerz

Yeah, I totally forgot to mention the cutscenes in the game.  Very funny!  :=

Mordalles

excellent game! i really enjoyed it! some great art and great puzzles and great story . . . except for that music puzzle, hehe.

cant wait for chapter 3! is it ready yet? no? why not? dont think, do it! now!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

xdrunk8

Could you please post a smaller download? I've still got dialup and I can't wait to play this game. Thanks

He-Man

Once again thanks for your replies. I'm happy you like it.

xdrunk8 - I'll look into the matter when I get the time. I'm a little busy the next couple of days...
Would it be okay if I made the game and the music into two seperate files? That would make them about 10 mb download each...

Also there seems to be a problem with the music puzzle I'll also look into that. Does anyone else have bugs or just things that needs to be fixed in general?

ggp

Id like the link looking into for Chapter one....i know you said you found no problem, but theres a recent post in Hints and Tips from someone who couldn't open it once downloaded just like me. ???

splat44

Quote from: ggp on Wed 19/10/2005 11:06:59
Id like the link looking into for Chapter one....i know you said you found no problem, but theres a recent post in Hints and Tips from someone who couldn't open it once downloaded just like me. ???

Hi ggp,

There the link to Silent Knight 1

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=554

However, the mirror link doesn't exist but the main link at right does. That file that seems having problem.

It good to know that someone is agreeing with me.

ggp

It still says an error has occurred when ive downloaded it and try to open it.....oh well.....i give in!  >:(

splat44

By the way ggp,

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 28/07/2005 20:34:17
Quote from: JSE on Thu 07/07/2005 22:46:31
I'd really like to play your game â€" but unfortunately, it won't start at all. When I double-click on the exe file, the following error message appears:

An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0xBFF9BB6B (strcpy/strcat); program pointer is +0, ACI version 2.61.747, gtags (0,0)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Is this the error you are taking about?
I would that He-Man re-download that and explain,

ggp

Yes Splatt44, that is the error message im getting when i try to play the game. Looks like thats 3 of us then!

splat44

Thankfully that I'm not the only person.

Great, I've just sent to PM to He-man and hopefully he will fix it.

He-Man

Calacver - Thanks you very much.

Splat44+ggp (and everyone else having trouble with the first chapter)- I've compiled the game again and uploaded it to mirror 1. If it still doesn't work I'm not sure I can help you anymore... Sorry.

splat44

Thank you He-Man,

Perhaps, by re-compiling did the trick.

Great now I can get story from first part.

He-Man

Hello again.

I've added a smaller download without music for those of you with a dial-up. The link is in my first post...

Splat44 - No problem. I hope you'll enjoy the first chapter as well.

Cheers

xdrunk8

He-Man

Oi oi
After request I've made a walkthrough for this game.
So if you are stuck in the game you can find help here:

www.5feetunder.com/game/sk2-walkthrough.txt

Hope this helps!

Your pal Niels

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk