Snow Problem

Started by CaptainD, Fri 19/08/2022 18:23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Now released on Itch - coming to Steam on 7th October 2022

Get it on Itch

(When the Steam version comes out, you will be able to claim a Steam key via the Itch page if you purchased there. Most achievements are likely to be related to saved data so if you have achieved the requirements in the Itch version, you will not need to repeat these requirements to gain the associated Steam achievements.)

Snow Problem is a game in which you collect snow. There are obstacles to stop this being easy of course, so you need to create extra terrain on the game screen to guide the snow to the bottom of the screen. Added some terrain in the wrong place / somewhere that was helpful but isn't any longer? No problem, you can delete it. Oh, and did I mention that there are also different obstacles that will melt your snow?

Many levels contain areas that change the colour of the snow, and you will need to collect a certain amount of each colour to complete the level. As you complete levels, more levels unlock for you to play. The full game will have 100 levels. Every level will be tested by the developer to ensure that it is definitely completable, so if you fail, you know it's your own fault! :-)

You'd think that 100 levels to tease your brain would be quite enough, but no! The game also contains a built-in level editor which will allow you to create up to 100 levels of your own.

The game features 24  pieces of (mostly well-known) classical music  to help you chill out a little while you stress out over how to beat a level.

Playing the game with a mouse is highly recommended, it's designed with precise control in mind which you may find difficult to achieve with a trackpad.

I'll get a game page entry here up soon. In the meantime, thanks to lorenzo and Steven Don (sorry can't remember your AGS handle) for testing, and also CrashPL for pointing out an issue.  ;-D

Kitty Trouble

Hi! I enjoyed this little game. Just a couple feedbacks on the demo version:

-winsetup is pointing to Snow Problem.exe so it does not work without changing the configs
-using the mouse to click on pre-fall time auto scrolls while you have the LMB held down rather than doing it once for each click, this caused issues for me when tapping my trackpad as it registered 2 clicks.

If I end up getting the full version, I'll provide more feedback then, but the demo levels were fun.

CaptainD

Hi Kitty Trouble!

Thanks for playing the demo.

If you're talking about the Steam version, that issue should have been ironed out now so I would expect the Steam client to show "Update" if you visit the game page now. People who reported this issue to me before have since reported it as fixed so hopefully all good. 

The other issue has never been reported and I will look into it. I might contact you privately for more information.

Kitty Trouble

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 28/08/2022 17:00:57
Hi Kitty Trouble!

Thanks for playing the demo.

If you're talking about the Steam version, that issue should have been ironed out now so I would expect the Steam client to show "Update" if you visit the game page now. People who reported this issue to me before have since reported it as fixed so hopefully all good. 

The other issue has never been reported and I will look into it. I might contact you privately for more information.

No I meant the itch version, I thought the steam version wasn't out yet, but didn't check for a demo there

CaptainD

Oh okay. The demo is on both, the full game only on Itch so far.

CaptainD

A new build has been uploaded to fix a small issue with the menu screen and add a congratulatory screen when you complete all 100 levels. The demo has also been updated to fix an issue which was preventing the configuration tool from launching correctly (thanks Kitty Trouble for reporting that).

https://captaind.itch.io/snow-problem

Only 17 days till the game is released on Steam if you were waiting to get it there!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2097090/Snow_Problem/

CaptainD

I am very pleased to announce that Snow Problem is now available on Steam  8-)  ;-D

Ramorama

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 19/08/2022 18:23:13I'll get a game page entry here up soon. In the meantime, thanks to lorenzo and Steven Don (sorry can't remember your AGS handle) for testing, and also CrashPL for pointing out an issue.  ;-D

And me, mate!  :wink:
Snow Problem is cool and I was the first one who beat all 100 Levels.  :-D

CaptainD

Yes many thanks Ramon, your last-minute testing was absolutely invaluable!  ;-D

I should also mention that the game has been updated with 7 bonus levels (courtesy of Ramon, Lorenzo, myself and my 8 year-old daughter!!) and if anyone creates a level they'd like included in a future update, please contact me.  ;)

Ramorama

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 10/11/2022 13:44:42Yes many thanks Ramon, your last-minute testing was absolutely invaluable!  ;-D

:-*

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 10/11/2022 13:44:42I should also mention that the game has been updated with 7 bonus levels (courtesy of Ramon, Lorenzo, myself and my 8 year-old daughter!!) and if anyone creates a level they'd like included in a future update, please contact me.  ;)

Some are challenging... but I could beat them anyway!  :-D

CaptainD

Snow Problem is currently 70% off in the #SteamSummerSale2023

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2097090/Snow_Problem/

CaptainD

Quite a big update released today, including:

- smoother gameplay and mouse control
- test levels you're creating direct from the editor
- press X to get a little extra time if you're almost out of time on a level
- 5 new bonus levels
- various small bug fixes (that most players will have never seen, but still, they were there and now they're not!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk