The Legend of Skye

Started by Carles, Wed 03/04/2024 15:41:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Carles

The Legend of Skye came out yesterday!  8-)

If you played the demo you will know that you will have to put yourself in the shoes of a druid to save the forest. You will find a point and click adventure with challenging puzzles, lots of humor and beautiful pixel art.









It is available on Steam, GOG and Itch:
Steam
GOG
Itch

Here are some of the first reviews:

dasklapptsonicht
oneupnerd
agotyawards


And this is the first part of the walkthrough in case you want to consult it at any time of doubt. (laugh)

agentbauer

Awesome game, captures the vibes of the old Lucasfilm games like Loom or Monkey Island perfect.
The look and feel is perfect Loom, the humor like Simon the Sorcerer or Monkey Island.
There are some typos left in the german translation but otherwise no bugs.
And no Ananas on Pizza.
Congratulations for the release of that gem. And the game is huge...some hard puzzles but often logical.
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

panicstudios

Hola, buenas tardes. ¿Qué tal va la cosa compañer@?

He visto que has sacado un juego hace poquito tiempo y es más, lo tenía ya en mi lista de deseados por lo que lo compraré próximamente para jugarlo y disfrutarlo.
Me comentó un usuario de la comunidad AGS, que sacará a final de mes un juego de aventuras gráficas, que hablas castellano y yo me dedico como hobby a hacer gameplays de diversos juegos (sobre todo el horror) y posteriormente una pequeña entrevista amigable e informal con diversos desarrolladores por si estabas interesad@ me haría mucha ilusión!

No me enrollo más que parezco una persiana y estamos en contacto si lo deseas.
Un saludete!!  :P

Carles

Quote from: agentbauer on Fri 05/04/2024 19:33:41Awesome game, captures the vibes of the old Lucasfilm games like Loom or Monkey Island perfect.
The look and feel is perfect Loom, the humor like Simon the Sorcerer or Monkey Island.
There are some typos left in the german translation but otherwise no bugs.
And no Ananas on Pizza.
Congratulations for the release of that gem. And the game is huge...some hard puzzles but often logical.

Thank you for your comments agentbauer! I am very happy that people are liking the game so much. It's an honor to be compared to these games you mention.

Sorry that there are some typos in the German translation. Let's see if we can fix them later in an update. And about bugs, I think the game is very clean, but just today I have been informed about one (although it is complicated to see it).  :X

I know the puzzles can be difficult, but if people say that most of them are logical I'm happy!


Quote from: panicstudios on Fri 05/04/2024 20:00:44Hola, buenas tardes. ¿Qué tal va la cosa compañer@?

He visto que has sacado un juego hace poquito tiempo y es más, lo tenía ya en mi lista de deseados por lo que lo compraré próximamente para jugarlo y disfrutarlo.
Me comentó un usuario de la comunidad AGS, que sacará a final de mes un juego de aventuras gráficas, que hablas castellano y yo me dedico como hobby a hacer gameplays de diversos juegos (sobre todo el horror) y posteriormente una pequeña entrevista amigable e informal con diversos desarrolladores por si estabas interesad@ me haría mucha ilusión!

No me enrollo más que parezco una persiana y estamos en contacto si lo deseas.
Un saludete!!  :P

Thanks for your support panicstudios! I hope you also enjoy the game when you try it.

If you want we can talk privately about your gameplays and interviews.
Best regards!


splat44

Possible bug:
Spoiler
If try using fishing with Magnet with fountain before getting child arrows and showing dua membership card to armour merchant, game seems to freezing
[close]

Carles

#5
Hi, I don't understand the possible bug. Could you describe me better the situation and what happened to you? Thanks!

I have now been testing and everything seems to be correct for me. I would need more information on what happened to you.

Anyway the fountain puzzle has nothing to do with the arrows in the armorer, it shouldn't interfere in any way.

splat44

It must have been my laptop causing to freeze.

Very challenging game especially with "enchanted forest" in which I completed

Quote from: Carles on Tue 09/04/2024 10:07:32Hi, I don't understand the possible bug. Could you describe me better the situation and what happened to you? Thanks!

I have now been testing and everything seems to be correct for me. I would need more information on what happened to you.

Anyway the fountain puzzle has nothing to do with the arrows in the armorer, it shouldn't interfere in any way.

Carles

Yes, many people think that the enchanted forest is a difficult part. A few days ago I made an update to the game in which I added a subtle hint for that puzzle. I hope it helps, but I can assure you it doesn't spoil it.  :)

splat44

Well, I am sure that hint will come handy.

Spoiler
It took several tries, until I saw flower, moss on rock (occaionally), I finally understood those paths according witch notion.
[close]

I just completed and must have been biggest dream ever lol (I think you know where I am coming from) lol

Quote from: Carles on Wed 10/04/2024 11:59:03Yes, many people think that the enchanted forest is a difficult part. A few days ago I made an update to the game in which I added a subtle hint for that puzzle. I hope it helps, but I can assure you it doesn't spoil it.  :)

Carles

I know what you mean :D

About the new hint in the enchanted forest:
Spoiler
Now when Skye looks at the stone faces she tells you that they have moss only on one side.
[close]

splat44

#10
Warning:
Spoiler
I replayed game and was solving forest thing without speaking to the Witch first. So what can you do to change that?
[close]

Ending dialog with percival after game:
Spoiler
Although main charactor didn't mention her name to him during game, how did find out her name at beginning while  speaking with chief?
[close]

Quote from: Carles on Thu 11/04/2024 19:38:34I know what you mean :D

About the new hint in the enchanted forest:
Spoiler
Now when Skye looks at the stone faces she tells you that they have moss only on one side.
[close]

Carles

You pay attention to the details!

There is no problem in solving the maze without talking to the person who first gives the instructions. I already took it into account and no bug or anything similar appears.

Are you sure Skye doesn't mention her name in any of the dialogue options? In any case, I don't think there is any problem.  :-D

splat44

Entire observation isn't on bug or problems just on dialog improvements but it's to you to decide:

Maze:
Spoiler
Ok, Shaman did mentioned seeing but again I solved that area without seeing her.

Therefore, if enter that forest without speaking with witch after speaking with Shaman and by landing on first warning "I start getting tire...", perhaps by adding "Maybe Shaman is righ to speak with witch before"

If already spoken with her and landing on same warning, by adding "I have a feeling I may need speaking with her again"
[close]

Percival ending dialog:
Spoiler
Entire ending dialog assume I share her name to all but I only share that with tribe chief. when meeting with percival I simply started using "Hands up..." dialog.

After all it was percival that started conversation by mentioning her name during end dialog
[close]

Quote from: Carles on Fri 12/04/2024 08:19:20You pay attention to the details!

There is no problem in solving the maze without talking to the person who first gives the instructions. I already took it into account and no bug or anything similar appears.

Are you sure Skye doesn't mention her name in any of the dialogue options? In any case, I don't think there is any problem.  :-D

Carles

Yes, I will consider this option. Later on I will probably make an update to correct small errors in the dialogs in all languages. Fortunately, they do not have any importance in the course of the adventure. They are small details that few people will notice.  :)

lorenzo

I recently finished The Legend of Skye and it's the most fun full-length adventure game I've played in quite a while!
It nails the feeling old games had, with a lot of locations to explore and plenty of puzzles to solve in a non-linear fashion -- puzzles that are often quite clever and challenging. The design of some parts of the game, especially the city, is quite impressive.

It also has the light-hearted atmosphere of those old games, with funny dialogues and "light" comedy. It feels like a classic adventure while being new and fresh at the same time.

If you're in the mood for some classic adventure game puzzle-solving in a lighthearted setting, definitely check it out!

Huge congratulations to Carles, for finishing and releasing such a long and complex adventure!

Carles

Quote from: lorenzo on Today at 18:56:12I recently finished The Legend of Skye and it's the most fun full-length adventure game I've played in quite a while!
It nails the feeling old games had, with a lot of locations to explore and plenty of puzzles to solve in a non-linear fashion -- puzzles that are often quite clever and challenging. The design of some parts of the game, especially the city, is quite impressive.

It also has the light-hearted atmosphere of those old games, with funny dialogues and "light" comedy. It feels like a classic adventure while being new and fresh at the same time.

If you're in the mood for some classic adventure game puzzle-solving in a lighthearted setting, definitely check it out!

Huge congratulations to Carles, for finishing and releasing such a long and complex adventure!

Thank you Lorenzo.  :)

Although we both agree on the same things that should be polished.  (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk