The Secret of the Golden River

Started by mintymint, Mon 05/03/2007 07:06:28

Previous topic - Next topic

mintymint

Hi all,

I just completed my first game, it's called:

Fynewrylst Memories: The Secret of the Golden River

Enter the Land of Fynewrylst where magic are real. The magical Golden River has run dry and the land is dying. You have to stop it, save the lands, and reveal the secret of the Golden River..

This is a simple game and easy puzzle..

Please try it out and let me know what do you think of it.. I hope you enjoy the game..

Download it here (8.5MB)

Visit the game's website here

Edit: After two releases, I guess this game is pretty much stabilized already.
I hope you all enjoy the game and have fun.. :D

m0ds

Good stuff, kudos to you for doing everything. The art is nice too. I haven't gotten very far yet. Is there a way to make Cedric walk a bit quicker though? Going about locations is painfully slow.

"This tree feels like...well...tree" - classic :)

jane

Good game, I'm now on 67 points  :D but feel the same as mods..........Please make Cedric have an option to walk faster

peter

When is take first the fish pendant, the pendant from the fish are always come back and get more points , and i don't get the bird pendant ?

And when you show always the glass at the bird at the waterfall (when all animals there are) you get 2 points again and again

mintymint

Hi all,

I'm glad if you like the game.. :D

By the way, I understand that slow moving character is quite stressing, so,
I have release an update, which now allow us to set the walking speed..

Also, I have fixed the bug mentioned by Peter. Thanks for this finding.. :)

You can re-download again (it's actually 4.5 MB zip file, 8.5 MB is after extract the zip)
and you can use your save game from the previous version. It worked.. ;)

Jon

It's a nice game, but you forgot rule number one:

Turn off 'Debug Mode'!!!

mintymint

Quote from: Jon on Tue 06/03/2007 15:11:51
It's a nice game, but you forgot rule number one:

Turn off 'Debug Mode'!!!

Haha.. Yeah, I knew that.. I kinda hope that since it's my first game, any bugs found, all gamers will still be able to complete the game..

Anyway, I already released an updated version, with debug mode turned off and some bugs fixed..

Thanks.. :)

Eva

Nice game,

I managed the finish the game without any problems, not counting the ones I  needed with from other players.

Good job.

mintymint

Quote from: Eva on Tue 06/03/2007 22:16:34
Nice game,

I managed the finish the game without any problems, not counting the ones IÃ,  needed with from other players.

Good job.

Sorry, I have forgotten to look at the Hints & Tips section.. otherwise, i can give some hints..

Anyway, happy to know that you like the game.. Thank you.. :D

Rosie

Thank you for this wonderful game.  It is so nice to play a game that is clean, good fun.  Luck to you in the future with more of your talents.  And I loved the ending credits.  You sound like a very nice person in your dedication.

Again, Thank you.  I enjoyed it very much.

mags_don

Seems like a nice game so far.Ã,  ;D but, i saved game, came back and it didnt save :-\ and i just downloaded today ??? Dont think you fixed save bug.?

mintymint

Quote from: mags_don on Thu 08/03/2007 01:24:23
Seems like a nice game so far.Ã,  ;D but, i saved game, came back and it didnt save :-\ and i just downloaded today ??? Dont think you fixed save bug.?

Hi, I haven't encounter this bug before.Ã, 

May I know in which location you save your game?

Joyce

Think this is a bug
Spoiler
I got the golden egg and I knew I had to show cage with beast to the wizard, my problem was the wizard was back in his house. I went back to a saved game before I went into the cave at waterfall and this time the wizard stayed by the river, so not sure what triggered it.
[close]
Nice game I enjoyed playing it.

mintymint

Hi Joyce,
Glad you enjoyed the game.. :)

Btw, you are right, it's a bug you mentioned..
corrected already.. thanks.. :)

mintymint

Hi all,

You can visit my game's website to know more about the story.. :)

For those who haven't complete the game, I suggest you to read the last part of the story after you complete the game..

Thanks.. :D

Tried to download and couldn't.

mintymint

Quote from: Guest on Tue 24/04/2007 09:11:59
Tried to download and couldn't.

Hi, thanks for your info.. I'll check on this..
In the mean time, please don't download it first..
I'll let you guys know when this problem is fix..
Sorry for the inconvenience..

Hi all, the download link is already fixed..

You can download it now..

For those who cannot download it previously, sorry for the inconvenience..

Hope you enjoy the game..

Thanks a lot.. :)

cosmicr

I know the secret - that isnt water! In winter it becomes yellow snow!

nah but in all seriousness just about to have a look now... looks good so far...

mintymint

Quote from: cosmicr on Mon 30/04/2007 07:54:43
I know the secret - that isnt water! In winter it becomes yellow snow!

nah but in all seriousness just about to have a look now... looks good so far...

Cosmicr, thanks a lot.. :D

I hope you enjoy the game..

Fleshstalker

Yea it's a good game, but there are a lot of mistakes in the grammer and there is some strange blocks on that treehouse entrance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk