First Background

Started by Lionheart, Thu 16/06/2005 20:05:46

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

Almost whole edit is made in ArtGem, the mysterious (and cancelled) program I always recommend to starters...
Mysterious part relies in that they'll always fall in love with it. :)

Since It's rarely downloadable at the present day, I kept a copy:
http://www.increator.pri.ee/muz/rlv_ag12.zip

The tree itself was made in MSPaint, but leaves in ArtGem.

-And-

The edit? It's not amazing.
It's mega n00b, since everything is out of proportions(sp?), the perspective is waay off and whole sizes make no sense. Why does bookstore have so large sign? Or so large house? The sky color is weird, the sun aswell. etc...

Tuomas

you said the tree was made with ms paint. don't take it hard, but to me it's the best part of the modified picture, IC... That's just the reason why I personally prefer mspaint to for example ArtGem.

There's the fact that I happen to like the old time graphics that are characteristic for (good)adventure games, (meaning the classics). And as the other style I find more like a picture that doesn't either look funny, realistic, interesting or impressing. More likely, I try to avoid games that really look like they're drawn with computer without even trying to draw a line first... It's not as attractive as pictures drawn pixel by pixel, and not as convincing as real pictures.

Don't tak eit personally, and the lot of you who do that, but to me it feels more like a cheap shortcut... Well I happen to appreciate works with effort put to them... ( this would not only mean the one presented later on this topic, but the majority of those you see in ganes and in this forum more and more often)... Well, there you all go! ;D

LGM

The windows just need more crackage lines, because if something was thrown at them the holes would be there, but the surrounding area would be cracked.

Other than that, you have improved greatly. Study some clouds though, they need work. (Spread them out and make them fluffier... Don't use spraypaint)
You. Me. Denny's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk