WIP Character designs

Started by meira_Bates, Sun 01/08/2004 23:57:01

Previous topic - Next topic

meira_Bates

I'm still very new here on this forum.Ã,  I'm also brand new to AGS brand game making, and still not very learned in the digital arts.Ã,  These pictures will likely prove that...Ã, 

To the point I'm basically just 'sketching' up some of the original characters on paint in attempt to get more used to drawing them this way before I try to make sprites.Ã,  They may or may not be in my first attempt at making a game, as I'm still debating between using the original story they originated from or making a fan work.Ã,  Knowing me, I'll be lucky to finish a game either way.

Seeing as to how creating instead of editing things on paint is a huge rarity for me, critics and suggestions are more than welcome...Ã,  Then again, why else would I post them here?

Jam Torkberg

Well, the first thing that leaps into my mind is that both characters seem to be cross-eyed.  This is especially odd for the second character, as her smirk (as it looks to me) makes it seem as if her nose itches (but she has no hands, what torture!)  Also, the skin tone of the second character looks kind of a sickly green to me.
"Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't
done anything that I want
or, I'm still alive
and there's nothing I want to do."

meira_Bates

Thank you very much for pointing out the skin color thing out for me.  I hadn't even noticed how green it looked till reading your comment.  As for the cross eyed thing that's a typical problem with this style.  I'll see what I can do to work around it, however.  As for the hands I wanted to get comments before hand cause I knew the hands would be the worst part of the whole thing.

Angelos

Do not abuse straight lines.
i.e. Look at the sweater in the first image. It's like a chessboard.
On the other hand, the girls hair look fine because the straight lines are short.

Angelos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk