How should I clean up and revamp my old site?

Started by Icey, Wed 08/02/2012 06:08:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Hey guys,  I recently though about maybe editting my site and start using it again to share stuff about my games. The thing is I don't know where to start so I was wondering if anyone could share their opinion as that would be really helpful.

http://pubmembers.webs.com/

Babar

Your site crashes my browser every time.

But from what I see before it crashes, you should reduce the size of your top banner. No need to waste almost half the screen on something that serves so little purpose.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Cluey

Lose the music. Seriously this isn't 1998.

Other things:

-The graphical layout is super cluttered (might be just my browser) but nothing feels in place.
-There's no consistent style or navigation sense, it's like a mass of stuff.
Aramore
My webcomic.

gameboy

Just make a new one from scratch. This website is all kinds of wrong; music, autoplaying youtube videos, tiling backgrounds, stupid ads.
Just looking at this page makes me feel like I'm being trolled.

You don't need to look too far to find an example of a simple site layout.

If ugly, random and 90s is the style you're going after, then add animated gifs everywhere and use Comic sans and super bright colours :=

Chicky

Yeah, that website is terrible, plus it has a link to Square Enix - why are you advertising a rival production company?

Also:

STOP SAYING PUB ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME. SRSLY. What is your obsession kid?

WHAM

The website looks like a 10 year old's school project. Too much movement, too much audio, tiled backgrounds that repeat endlessly bu were not designet to repeat...

Needs a do-over, as others have stated before.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Icey

Ok I somehow forgot about this topic but hey I'm back now and thanks for all the comments. The reason I wanted to keep it is cause I got mad stuff store in it. Also the last time I edited this site was when I was still icey and in the state of mind that square enix was my best friend. I haven't edited that site in a year I think but still there could be a possiblity I can fix it up but I might be better off start over. We'll see though, thanks guys.

R4L

Quote from: Icey games on Thu 09/02/2012 17:41:07
...when I was still icey and in the state of mind that square enix was my best friend. ...

Yeah, you totally turned that around. Good work.  :P

Icey

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Babar on Wed 08/02/2012 06:30:51

Same here: Firefox 3.6... Crashes violently. apparently it's the plugin container, so it's probably Flash. I didn't even know it was humanly possible for amateur code to make the Flash VM crash.

Moresco

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 10/02/2012 12:00:15
Quote from: Babar on Wed 08/02/2012 06:30:51

Same here: Firefox 3.6... Crashes violently. apparently it's the plugin container, so it's probably Flash. I didn't even know it was humanly possible for amateur code to make the Flash VM crash.

Off-topic, but I recall flash crashing 3.6 back when I had that.  I don't know why, but it stuck out to me because that was the one version iteration that definitely had issues with certain flash.  Why not upgrade to something a little more up-to-date?  I viewed his page with 10 and had absolutely no issues.  It's ugly, but I had no technical problems.
::: Mastodon :::

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk