Princess in Distress

Started by Baron, Fri 15/12/2006 19:51:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Well, I've never posted in the Critics Lounge in the three years I've been a member, but I've seen you guys fix up a lot of art over the years.  Hopefully this will be another success story.

Here's Miss Galactic 2997.  I'm kinda locked into the cartoony outline style, and she can't get much taller or shorter, but otherwise she's fair game.  I've been fiddling with this character off and on for about a week and I just can't seem to get her right.  Her role in my game is the classic Maiden in Distress, so I want her to look the part completely.  She should have an emploring expression and a futuristic hair-style, and her body language should read "Help Me!"  Alas, my efforts to implement these requirements have hereto been futile, so I post here as an act of desperation.  Please -PLEASE!  Save the Princess!

yarooze

May be this can be helpfull.

Since she is "Miss Galactic 2997", her legs have to be a little bit longer. Legs are allways the 50% of the man height, so if we made her 5 heads high, her legs have to be 2.5 heads. More - better (look at warcraft elves)Ã,  :)

And of course there is simple no point to use some beauty in the game/film/whatever without showing her... ;)
So remove her hair from her breast and alter her dress and shoes - she is "Miss Galactic 2997"...Ã,  8)

If you draw a girl, put her feet together, this looks more femini(?)

Make her lips red...

May be some kind of jewelry?

Here is the short paintover.Ã,  original

I know, I'm a shovinist pigÃ,  ::)Ã,  sorry..
My Blog

Da_Elf

to be honest i prefer the originals. the paintover looks more like someone going out for a fancy party. sure the originals could have sexier figures but keep the same style of dress

yarooze

2 BaRoN: May be you can tell us more about this girl? Till now we know only that she is "Miss Galactic 2997" and she ist in distress.

How old is she? Does she really have to wear some long dress? Is she allready "in distress" or is she there soon? :)

2 Da_Elf: Here is she withoutÃ,  "fancy party dress"Ã,  ;):

Perils of Gwendoline :)

My Blog

Da_Elf

Baron

OK, based on Yarooze's advice I've changed her body shape, exposed her chest, changed her hair & garb and added a bit of shading.  I think I'm on the right track, but I'm not sure if I'm satisfied yet.

This sprite is for this game I'm working on.  Miss Galactic needs rescuing just as Princess Leia did in Star Wars.  Like the princess, Miss Galactic is a rebel leader and she has been captured by imperial forces -I think for the purposes of my game she'll be held in some sort of Jello-stasis a la SQIII, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  She sadly won't have much of a personality as she will spend the bulk of the game in suspended animation, but I suppose she would have a fearful/pleading pose/expression just before she's frozen.  Essentially she only has to look like somebody worth rescuing.

Krysis

A little paintover.

The main change is the colour choice. You used colours that were a little too close and didnt stand out at all.
A small tip: Don't use white as a background when you create sprites, use mid-gray.

Oh, and I made her a little more sexy... or slutty. Sorry.  :P

Hope I was helpfull enough.

Baron

What happens to a game sprite when she gets hooked on Crystal Meth, you ask?

Good call on the contrast, Krysis, but I think you aged her by about twenty years!  I'll see if I can work some rejuvinating magic while making the contrast more apparent.
   BTW I usually work with a hideous pink/purple background, as I figure it is a colour that I would never ever use in an actual sprite.  So far I've been right.....

JackAnimated

Hmm... I would just darken her out lines a bit to make her stand out.

yarooze

she looks cute... :)

now a little bit damage to her clothes and hair, make her cry and screaming, and she is in distress...Ã,  ;)

don't forget the crown!
1x 2x
My Blog

Baron

I know it's been about a week, but I wanted to show how the project has evolved.  I'm still contemplating a more dishevelled look as per Yarooze (and I really like the open mouth -I'll have to add that).  For now, though, I'm trying to get a realistic feel for my suspended animation.  Comments appreciated.

2x

yarooze

He-he... Juicy, nyam-nyam...Ã,  ;)
Can I order her to me via Internet? How much costs the delivery?Ã,  ::)
1x 2x

I didn't make the animation, I think you see the point. A little bit more 3d: perspective and light&shadows...

PS. That all are only my IMHO...Ã,  ;)

EDIT: sorry, the light/shadows look a little bit odd, since I wanted to make the right side darker first.
My Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk