Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Mon 06/12/2010 19:51:15

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Quote from: Mati256 on Thu 24/02/2011 15:07:14
I am the only one who can't see any imageshack pictures?
You seem to be the only one...
If you could see them before: maybe clean your cache

Monsieur OUXX

Gilbert

No, I cannot view any linked imageshack images since (I think) yesterday either. This happens on both the system in the office and this one at home, so I think they either for some reasons blocked access from some regions or something b0rked recently.

cat

Mati256

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Thu 24/02/2011 16:16:58

No, I cannot view any linked imageshack images since (I think) yesterday either. This happens on both the system in the office and this one at home, so I think they either for some reasons blocked access from some regions or something b0rked recently.

Looks like it's something regional. Some people around the Internet are giving different solutions. They say if you create an account at Imageshack then you can see the images. Others say you must register the domain (in this case www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk), and others say it just worked alright with the time without doing anything.
I will wait and see, anyway I should be studding and not posting here!!

PD: Sorry for derailing the topic.  :-[
My Blog! (En Español)

BaptisteTheFool

Just chiming in more encouragement.  That second walk-cycle looks great to me!  ;D

By the way...

You mentioned you may add the bag later--

The bag is actually a green canvas, not brown as I've often seen it depicted.  Should you decide to add it, perhaps that could make it easier to draw in too since it won't fade in with the whip.

-merged posts.

quo_sp

BaptisteTheFool, i will have in mind for future revisions, now I want to advance all I can.  ;)

Actually I am working with the demo, scripting, animations  and adding objects and details for the demo backgrounds.

I have reworked some backgrounds too, here an example, left actually BG compared with old BG.

This is a character that will appear in the demo, with part of his set.

Mati256

Looking awesome Quo. Do you have any ETA on the demo?  ;D

EDIT: This could be moved to the Work in Progress section maybe?
My Blog! (En Español)

BaptisteTheFool

Looking great indeed!  ;D

Keep at it, quo-- your work is incredible!

Unai

Quote from: Mati256 on Thu 03/03/2011 17:07:23
Looking awesome Quo. Do you have any ETA on the demo?  ;D

I think quo_sp will be as clueless as me, so since i already googled it...

quo_sp, ETA means "Estimated time of arrival" :D
I am a deeply superficial person

Mad

Quote from: quo_sp on Thu 03/03/2011 16:44:04
BaptisteTheFool, i will have in mind for future revisions, now I want to advance all I can.  ;)

Actually I am working with the demo, scripting, animations  and adding objects and details for the demo backgrounds.

I have reworked some backgrounds too, here an example, left actually BG compared with old BG.

I actually think that both versions have their merits. I like the flowing hard sand of your first version, but I see your point in making this BG grainier to better tie in with the others. Each of the versions go a bit far IMO, that's why I tried to blend them together.

I also tried to tighten the colour scheme and changed some of the values in the background, since I found them to be to dark.
Also, I attemted to make another small hillock leading down the slope behind Indy creating a kind of middleground. It didn't turn out quite as clear as I wanted, but maybe that's something you could think about adding.

BaptisteTheFool

I do agree with Mad.  I think a little middle ground won't hurt.  I like his revision a good deal.

Though I think one could also go mad with endless tinkering...  ;)

quo_sp

Mad, your revision is awesome,  I like it ;), and you was right  I made BG grainier to better tie in with the others BG.

Mati256, I still have no date, I can not work all days in the development so it is deficult to stimate a date, but I hope will be soon.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I actually prefer the original for a few reasons:

1.  The grit looks more like sand.
2.  There's a nice variation of color patches especially in the background that's lost when they're blended.

quo_sp

Hello, Spanish demo is ready, This is a short demo, but I'm working  expanding it, then I wil translate the final version of the demo to English.

Anyway Spanish speakers can dowload the demo from the spanish indiana jones website.

http://www.indianajones.es/videojuegos/raiders-aventura.php

Hope enjoy. :)

cianty

Damn. Makes me wish I had taken Spanish lessons instead of French. :) Well, I can wait I guess...

By the way - wow: "www.IndianaJones.es"? That doesn't look like a domain name one could keep for too long. ::)
Judging from the content the site does seem big though. I would assume Lucas Arts is more protective about their IP. Sorry, don't mean to derail this thread.
ca. 70% completed

BaptisteTheFool

:o

Anyone working on a translation yet?

Mati256

Congratulations Quo!
I played it yesterday. :D
My Blog! (En Español)

quo_sp

Cianty, indianajones.es is a big spanish fan community of indiana jones.  ;)

BaptisteTheFool I have translated part of the demo. Hope will be ready soon.  :)

Thank you Mati256.

cianty

Quote from: quo_sp on Mon 28/03/2011 21:47:20
Cianty, indianajones.es is a big spanish fan community of indiana jones.  ;)

Yeah, the site sure looks big. Cool stuff!

I hope you'll finish the translation soon. :)
ca. 70% completed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk