Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Mon 06/12/2010 19:51:15

Previous topic - Next topic

quo_sp

Well, the translate of the sort demo to English hope will be ready for next week, while I’m working in the extended demo.  :)

By the way, after the room map chapter, Indy will have to put his wested leather jacket again, so thinking  in the future I have planed to remade the original FOA sprite to make it a little more raiders, using originals capture of the films and parts of the FOA sprite (the face by example).

This is a sample comparing FOA sprite (left) with mine (right).

The pose of my sprite is based  in this capture of the temple of doom.

By the way a few characters that in part will appear in the extended demo. From left to right, Belloq, Dietrich, Gobler and various soldiers of the dig.

I have advance more backgrounds too. In order to make it the sand lees grainier I have working in to improve the texture, this is an example of the left side of a new background.

cianty

As usual this is some stunningly beautiful stuff. The soldiers look great!

I also like your new Indy sprite. However, I think the head should be moved at least one pixel back - right now it looks like he's.. dunno... it reminds me of a hen.. :)
ca. 70% completed

quo_sp

Thank you cianty.
I think that in this other frame the "hen effect"  ;D is corrected.

Mati256

Those soldiers look better than the original ones.  :o
My Blog! (En Español)

cianty

ca. 70% completed

theo

Characters look awesome, man! Specially like Dietrich. Not sure why though.

Good job:)

nads

Looking awesome at the moment. Loved Raiders. Can't wait to try out the demo next week. Keep it up!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

With your skill I'd rather see you draw these in your own style but at least you're not stripping the sprites and using them directly, so that's good.  Personally, I think you could do better than the FoA sprites based on your work so far but if this is all about nostalgia then I understand the desire to have it 'look' a certain way.

Torsten

Hello.

Sorry for my bad Englisch. I would like to ask something. Is this game somewho connected to this project?

http://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/features/lucasfan_vorschau.php

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Torsten on Fri 08/04/2011 08:11:38
Hello.

Sorry for my bad Englisch. I would like to ask something. Is this game somewho connected to this project?

http://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/features/lucasfan_vorschau.php

No, that's the game that was supposedly cease and desisted.  Thanks!  I've never seen those images!

Does anyone know if Torsten's link is recent?  I couldn't find a date and I don't speak German.

Quo:  Brilliant as always!  Next week can't come soon enough!

quo_sp

Thank you nads and Theo, Dietrich character is based on Kerner of FOA.

ProgZmax is a question of time too, I can develop the game more fast if I use other base sprites, but after I can replace it if necesary :)

Torsten, it is not conected, I never seen this captures either, thank you very much :) it looks awesome.

The Last To Know

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Fri 08/04/2011 09:28:05
Does anyone know if Torsten's link is recent?  I couldn't find a date and I don't speak German.

Adventure-Treff posted this on April 1st 2011:
http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=5266

Matti

To clarify: Yeah, it is a recent post.

LucasFan announced the game 6 years ago (on the AGS forums too), then disappeared for years and seems to be back now, with ten different projects he has been and still is working on. Damn april fools indeed!

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: S-Made on Fri 08/04/2011 12:39:14
Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Fri 08/04/2011 09:28:05

Adventure-Treff posted this on April 1st 2011:
http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=5266

Glorious!  Two incredible Raiders games in the works!

--pardon me, though, if I'm more excited for Quo's. ;)

Edit:

Ah, wait.

Posted it on April 1st, though.  Gah, now its veracity is suspect!  Damn that day!

quo_sp

I have revised the sprite, left old, right current revised, the old sprite seemed a bit thin.

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: quo_sp on Fri 08/04/2011 16:02:47
I have revised the sprite, left old, right current revised, the old sprite seemed a bit thin.

My one comment is on the nature of the brim.  It seems to curl rather violently-- more like a cowboy hat than a fedora.

...but with so few pixels, that's really just nitpicking.

cianty

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Fri 08/04/2011 15:15:40
Posted it on April 1st, though.  Gah, now its veracity is suspect!  Damn that day!

The comments (also by the author) suggest that it is not a joke. The poster (not LucasFan himself) even mentioned that he is personally involved in the music for that specific Raiders game.

@quo: The new sprite look better indeed. I think I agree with Baptiste on the hat, but it still looks good (and not like a lame copy-paste job). By the way, I like your screenshots for your RotLA game much better than those others. Keep it up!
ca. 70% completed

quo_sp

Thank you Baptiste and cianty.

I have revised the hat.

BaptisteTheFool

I actually like that less...

Gimme a few minutes to try and muck around with it in Photoshop...

Daaaaaamn, this is hard... still mucking...

My goal was to try to lower the brim of the hat, create a clean sweep from front to back and try and distinguish the ribbon from the brim.

Ultimately I only ended up moving two pixels (compare to yours), but I think it helps some.  It is fantastically hard to do with so few pixels, and so once again quo, my fedora goes off to you.

quo_sp

It is not easy,  :(

This is a new version, I think is a bit better, it seems more fedora I think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk