A rough animation made to get a vibe of the sprite aesthetic

Started by dharmadischarge, Mon 20/05/2024 14:31:50

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

dharmadischarge

Quote from: eri0o on Mon 20/05/2024 21:54:47It's hard to say anything without context.

Did the image not post or do you mean in the context of the characters in the game?

I wasn't sure if I should post details about the game because it is not ready to be announced yet or is not complete enough for that thread. I worked on the world and characters as a novel and a comic before trying it as a game.

I am interested in if the graphics style would read ok in an adventure game? But can post details about the project if its ok?

eri0o

In the gif the characters are in a platform perspective and not a traditional adventure game perspective, but they look like they would force specifics on the color/design of backgrounds to make they still be readable against a background that would be behind them. They do appear to work fine if you are going for a platformer.

It also looks it's going for some comedic dynamic between the two characters so if this is meant to be horror it is bad but if it's indeed a comedy it's good.

dharmadischarge

no no it is meant to be funny lol. the game may be scary but the animation was just to practice and get a vibe for the look and see how to animate them.

Though I may change the perspective of the sprites. I am hoping to abstract the game. Making it on a flat plane. which may very well not work with the genre because it would lose a sense of space. So I have to experiment and think about that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk