Trip on this. A moving thread.

Started by , Mon 02/02/2004 22:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

Quote from: Sylvr on Sun 04/11/2007 14:21:47
Oh, and karaoke went fantastically. I didn't sing, but other equally amusing things occured.

;D This reminds me of the huge number of discos I went to, and that I did not dance more than twice in my life!

Sylvr

I can't dance either. It's kind of bad. Go team. (Wait.... you never actually said you couldn't dance... this could turn out badly for me.)
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Oliwerko

The art is not to sing on the karaoke, to dance on the dancefloor, or to learn in school, the art is to not sing on the karaoke, to stand still on the dancefloor, not to learn in school, not to sleep in bed, and not to listen to music on a concert, hahahahaha.

(Obviously a joke.)

Domino

I found the Moving Thread again and wanted to say hello.

My poor car is falling apart. I own a 1997 Chevy Lumina (Bought in 2001)  that is having some problems.

I have to keep adding oil and coolant every couple of weeks, plus the check engine light came on yesterday, but went off today. Engine was on the verge of stalling when the light came on.

I do have money saved for a newer car, but will have to wait until summer, when i have more money saved and also when my dad comes home for the summer (He lives in Florida)

Things are going okay for me except this dizziness which i have had for awhile, which after a balance test found nothing and the ENT said it was related to my Anxiety. I find this BS. I know it's an ear problem.

I guess i will have to keep paying co-pays out my ass until somebody finds out what  is causing this. Sometimes i can barely stand.

Well, good to meet you again MT.

Until next time, Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Domino

ThreeOhFour

It is really weird - I was thinking about the moving thread this morning, then I check here and find it's been thought of before me.

Kinda cool.

I went to town today and bought some new shoes, some new drumsticks and guitar strings and talked to some old friends. I realised how long it has been since I've gone to town, which is a long time.

I wore my jacket, which I like wearing.

And I met a girl who seemed nice. She smiled when I made a little joke, which made me smile too.

I think I need a haircut.

Bye moving thread, thanks for listening :).

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I found out that, in spite of Pizza Hut's extremely poor timing with their new Pasta Hut pasta, it wasn't an April Fool's Joke! Fun was had by all (mostly by me) as I enjoyed some chicken alfredo and a couple slices of pizza.

OneDollar

Hey, long time no see MT. Since my last post I've done another project, messed up a couple of exams and decided that bar code is two words. Revision for the next lot of exams - 5 of them - is in full swing and its depressing, and also very hard.

On the plus side we've started a 'Programming Skills' module which is by far the most fun thing on my course at the moment. Its still not proper Physics with Computing though, because every physicist does it. Its learning C, and thanks to good old AGS and its sort-of-C++ language I've already got a head start on the syntax. At the moment though I'm having issues with the most simple things, because the stuff we are being taught is very narrow. Example: I want to write a list of integers to a file then read them back in again, but I can't figure it out because all we've been taught to do is write one variable to a file, or a string to a file.

Otherwise life's pretty uncertain. I'm supposed to be taking a year out in industry next year, but I've only got one interview left. If I don't get that, or if I fail a bunch of exams this semester, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. No doubt it will all work out.

Right, I've taken up enough of your time MT.

Thanks
OneDollar

Oliwerko

Oh, hi MT, its been a long time!

I am sick again in bed all the time now. My head buzzes and I have a helluva soar throat. But thats ok, there are worse things on earth. I bought new shoes I polished two days ago, they are the best shoes I have ever had. Instead of that, everything is as usual. School, work, all that stuff. Despite that it is not a stereotype. I love world now. I wish it was always like this.

I wish everyone luck.

Regards

Stupot

Hello MT.
Three UCAS university rejections so far and only one offer... still waiting to hear from the fifth, which is infact my first choice.  I'm not that thick, they must've thought my application was crap, which is a shame because they haven't even met me yet.

Still one offer is better than none, I suppose... and the year abroad is in Fukuoka, which suits me fine.

Seeya round MT... don't be a stranger.

Stu

radiowaves

Its spring and summer is aproaching. I have loads of school stuff to do and I am afraid its going to be lone and boring summer again, gah.

Thanks MT for your time.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Ryan Timothy B

Hey MT, we've never talked before, but I feel we could have this strong bond between the two of us.

Is it just me, or are the youth of today getting dumber and dumber?  Sure, I work in a sawmill, of all places to be making examples, but as the years grow I've been noticing one thing; each new young ankle biter has ONE set attitude and ONE set pace.  Which the attitude is: 'I am the ruler of Gods, bow before me! I know everything, meanwhile I'm dumb as a worm.'.  Also their pace is as slow and as lethargic as one can get without actually being declared 'dead'.

For example, MT.  We hired this new kid on Monday, with buck teeth bigger than a beaver, who should probably not be operating any saws because his teeth would more than likely chew through any wood faster than any machine.  Ignoring that, he says he drives 30 minutes to get to the sawmill.  That's not a problem, heck, I drive almost an hour.  I thought it was bad enough that I go through almost 50 liters of gas a week.  But this damn kid is driving a gigantic pickup truck, that No kid living in the city should ever own, and says in 3 days he'll run empty and it'll cost $100 to fill.  So he's burning 100ish liters in 3 f*cking days!!?  Then he laughs and says "ya, but it probably wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't driving around with a seized caliper.".  What a tard.

Whats the point in going to work for his measly starting rate of $11.50, if he's going to spend more than half of it on gas?

To top things off, he mentions he has a baby on the way!  Why the hell do stupid idiots (I don't say he's stupid just for the things I've mentioned, he can't even grasp the simple jobs a mentally challenged employee would excel at.), anyway, why do stupid idiots like him and all the other idiots I've met have children???  Who would mate with these people?  Is the world filling up with genetically retarded inbreeds?  Are they the byproduct of kids who fiddled with their cousins or sisters and now have a cake in the oven, and the cycle is set to repeat?

Is this just Canada and United States?  Or worse?  Is it a world wide epidemic?  Is that ludicrous movie Idiocracy correct?  Are the smart withholding, while the dumb repopulate?

Now I realize many of you in here have children, congratulations, you're helping the population of tomorrow (because most of you seem intelligent enough to raise great children).

Maybe I'm not one to talk?  I don't exactly have the job of jobs.  I don't contribute to this world, I just consume and pollute (like you all).  But at least I am getting my life settled before having a child.  What did you say?  What about accidents?  What the f*ck is an accident?  It's only an accident if you're too stupid to listen to your correct head.  Properly used: Condoms + birth control = thank the gods. 

I also learned that maybe I should not stay up longer than 24 hours?  Damn that background challenge, f*cking TheJBurger and his Lighthouse challenge and PixelPerfect with his silhouette challenge. lol  I was up all night working on that crap, it was addictive.  Yeah!  What am I doing on here? Get back to Photoshop!

So MT, all I can say is that you're a good listener.  Thanks for sticking around.

*spelling mistake (in a thread explaining how stupid I find some people. go figure)

Domino

Quote from: Domino on Wed 17/10/2007 01:23:11
Hi MT,

My Xbox 360 got back from the repair center. Well, it wasn't the same one i sent in, this 360 is 4 months newer than my other one.  So far, so good, but i know that my second one will be handed the same fate as my first...the dreaded RROD.

I am just wondering who owned this one before i got it? It does seem a tad quieter than my first.

Cross your fingers.

This refurbished 360 is way better than my 1st one.

But a couple of months ago i purchased the arcade version as a back-up just in case this one died.

My unopened arcade unit still sits in my closet. I may never have to use it.

I still want to buy a PS3 also..my friend brought his over to my apartment and i really liked it.

My PS2 is collecting dust even though i have a ton of games for it...many games that i have never beaten.

ManicMatt

Hey MT.

After one year of happiness with my girlfriend, she left me for another man.

I've taken up driving lessons, and I bought an acoustic guitar to learn how to play so I have something to focus my mind on during this painful time.

Oliwerko

Ryan and MT - I can assure you that here in Slovakia, 90% of people are totally dumb idiots. I know that it sounds weird (am I the one to talk?) but that's my opinion. I have only a few friends because of this. Almost everyone I meet is totally off. Pretty sad. If I wasn't so picky, I've had like 20 GFs so far, but man, the girls here are the dumbest people I've ever met. You can tell them that you are going to Iraq on vacation and they don't ask you if that's not weird. You can tell them that you have vodka in a bottle with water and they believe you. It happens to me that from time to time I meet a nice girl that is also intelligent. But usually this turns out bad. Last time after half an hour of wonderful conversation I discovered that she lives 50kms away.

Sometimes I wish I was as dumb as them. But then, wouldn't it be boring?

radiowaves

MT, why am I unhappy? I feel like everything is going to hell and I don't have any motivation to do anything...
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Sylvr

Hello, MT

It's been a while, I guess. I don't really remember. My first year at university is finally over. My last year at university is also over. They are one and the same. This year was a total nightmare, for a few reasons. Roomie is one of them. [Some of you know how deadly she is.] It is both my first year and my last year because I am not going back. It's sad, really... I've always wanted to go here, but something didn't work out. So now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with my life....

Also, I hate being home. This weekend was a veritable disaster. My parents are psychos, all 3 of us (my sisters and I) were incredibly frustrated at them (especially my mom), and they tried to pin all the frustration as being my fault, which is pure crap. Also, there's some nonsense going on about how, even though I will be paying rent when I return home, that the timed internet will still apply to me. Bottom line is, I want to move out as soon as I can. Far away. (Sometimes I don't know who's worse to live with, Roomie or Parents... Oh yes, it's that bad.)

That is all! I shall write this last exam pretending there are good things!
--Sylv
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Ryan Timothy B

Oh MT, I feel like a dolt.  A real Idiot.

Last night we (friends, my two brothers, and I) went to a good old country dance in my town.  Everything was going smooth, just kids being kids, having fun.  Actually we even managed to get a few free beer tickets because the people at the bar were only just people from town.  So sometimes they'd forget to grab the beer ticket.  Yee haw! lol

Anyway, as I said the night was moving smoothly along.  Until they turned the lights on telling people it was the end of the night to kinda push everyone out.

Well my brother and friend decided to (i still don't know why they did it), grab the projector screen that was in the middle of the room and tip it over onto the dance floor.  I'm surprised no one got trapped under it, they all seemed to float towards the exit I guess.  Well the owner of the equipment just turned out to be someone around our age.  I think he may have been east indian, but I'm not sure.  He started freaking out to my brother and friend that the equipment was worth thousands and that he was pissed.  I don't know what my brother did, my focus was a drunken blur, but he somehow got the guy angry enough to punch my brother in the face.  It was actually quite funny.  My brother fell over onto his hands and knees, then did like a slow-motion spiderman move to push himself upright onto his feet.
It didn't stop there, the guy punched my brother AGAIN in the face, him again landing the same way and doing the same slow-motion spiderman move to push himself back onto his feet.  This is where I started to get bothered, I know my brother was dumb for pulling the screen down, so he did deserve any punches this guy threw at him.  I was off to the side just watching the whole situation, and I was drunk, something in me snapped.  I played dirty.  I jumped at the guy and I'm pretty sure I punched him square in the face, but due to the alcohol level in me I don't think I'll ever know.  Somehow I managed to get a big fingernail like slash on my cheek, and it almost immediately swelled up.  I'm guessing he punched me back.

A good buddy of ours is a police officer who was off duty at the moment was there.  He rushed over and grabbed the two of us, putting his arms around our shoulders and said "come on guys, time for you two to leave".  As he was walking us to the exit, I was blowing the guy that was angry at us some kisses.  I'm glad that our good buddy police officer was there, or else more shit may have happened.

I've never been in a fight before.  I'm not that kind of person.  I don't even drink that often, like maybe five 24's of beer a year.  It was just a sad turn of events that made that night go shit end up.

The night actually didn't stop there either.  When we got home there was a party at the house beside ours.  The owner of the house, his daughter was having a Huge birthday party.  Lots of young teenagers drinking beer and messing up the house.  Her father was actually at the country dance also serving drinks, but I don't think he even saw the fight incident.  He entered the house, looked around and was like screw this.  So he left the house, got in his van.  I walked over to him and asked him what he was doing, he said he was leaving and going to a motel.

I grabbed a few boxes from my house and started cleaning up the beer bottles all over his house.  Some nice teenagers were helping too.

No less than twenty minutes later the owner of the house came back.  I guess he came to his senses and decided staying at a hotel is not a good idea.  He was angry as hell.  He started at the back of the house, pushed a guy off a chair that he was sitting on and yelled "this is my damn kitchen chair!", then he started yelling at everyone as he entered his house, while carrying the chair, telling them all to leave or he'll call the cops.  There was a huge storm of kids rushing out of the house getting in their cars and leaving.

MT, all I can say is it was a very fun filled night.   :-\   haha

Dualnames

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 28/10/2007 00:37:19
First time I post here.I'm gonna post in a year.

Hello MT, this is dig dug joe Dualy.

I promised to post in a year, but shit, life happens.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

Hello MT, wow, to think you're over 5 years old now - how things have changed! I just want to tell you about the summer of 2009 which had been a breath of fresh air, I have my new flat, a fresh outlook on making games and for the most part a social life that was really booming. But overall, the last couple of years have been a load of bollocks! I've been homeless, lost my car, seen the pub go to the chavs, lived with and practically rejected two wonderful children, found true love but the feelings aren't mutual & had a tooth pulled out. Well, at least YOU keep going MT, even when the rest of us feel like giving up. Here's to revisting you and giving you an update in 2 years time :) x

Oliwerko

MT, I've almost forgotten about you!

Every time I see you it's a pleasing surprise.
This year was totally different for me. Maybe it was because I graduated the high school, who knows.

Anyway, the most significant thing I learned from when I've seen you last time is that I cannot believe even my own impressions, or even feelings and thoughts. I have seen and felt this proved on me at least twice during the last 10 months. It was painful to discover that what I've thought was 100% true was totally false and vice versa. And I'm not the type that believes anything, I'm much more careful and distrusful than anyone I know, regarding anything. Yet I have felt that even things you KNOW are the way they are, can be totally different. It was a very painful and stressfull lesson, but I am grateful for that.

Apart from that, I am just glad I'm alive and healthy. That's pretty much everything that matters to me. I have a few really good and trusting friends that I really can count on, that's also important. One thing that may bug me a little is that I'm so much different from anyone around here that it's trouble finding common interests and thoughts; but I'm getting used to it. I even wrote a novel to put it on paper and hide it behind someone else  :P

I could go on, but I don't want to bore you to death, of course. You're a great listener and I really felt like telling you this.
To sum it up, I'm going on well, have experienced both pain and pleasure and wonder what's next....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk